IGNORED

My new Venture arrived in a crate yesterday - lots of pics, not posted....

GreenMtnHunter

At 9:00 AM, I got a call from Ray's Cycle in Greenfield, Ma that the truck was in the lots and dropping off my new bike! Whoo-hoo! That's the good news; the tough part was that they were not expecting it until Friday, so the shop is booked until then. Regardless, I showed up and took pics as the owners and I unloaded the crate, attached the front wheel, washed off the dust!, and between two mechanics, and one salesman, we slowly began to attach the TC package.

-Lesson one: thoughts of making the trunk a "quick disconnect" were more quickly dashed when I saw the array of wires and their mounts, which sit behind the rear passenger rest. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's beyond my ability, and the lead mechanic/co-owner, believed that some functions will be lost as the computer tries to figure out what happened to six or seven connections. Otherwise, Unlike the '01-'17 Wing, it seems like the rear fender will be clean with the trunk removed. If you create some sort of "fanny pack" at the back of the rear seat, you could clean up the look of the unplugged connectors. Again, this is all beyond my level of understanding; maybe I'll learn more this afternoon or tomorrow.

-Lesson two: There are as many wires and connections on this bike as there are on a new car. I was immediately grateful for the included Y.E.S. package of five years, unlimited miles.

-Lesson three: The alarm is not an issue if you disconnect the "siren". Although mine is not yet installed, it was a point of discussion I created, recalling a thread, which I have not read, on this forum.

I'll post pictures when I achieve the requisite number of "newbie" posts.

WAYYYYY COOL Hunter!! I'd be more excited than a goose that just laid a golden egg :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::Laugh:!! Congrats and,, about those pics = it's The Code ya know!!

:thumbsup: on the many many miles of pure CTFW enjoyment between you and your new scoot!!!

P.S. = I didnt even know us lop eared varmints had to have a certain number of posts to be able to post pics, guess that makes me a forum geezer of some sort :think:.. I think if I was you, a new member with a new bike to post pics about,, I would probably just starting "I GOT IT!!" over and over and over again until I got to the point I could post up the pics :witch_brew::stickpoke::witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:..

I don't have a 3rd gen Venture....but if you disconnect the alarm siren it may silence it but the alarm functions will still enable/operate. Does this imobilize the bike? For maintenance on the bike there is a way to turn off the alarm. Might be better to use the system as designed.

I don't have a 3rd gen Venture....but if you disconnect the alarm siren it may silence it but the alarm functions will still enable/operate. Does this imobilize the bike? For maintenance on the bike there is a way to turn off the alarm. Might be better to use the system as designed.

Lesson four:After spending the second half of the day in the shop with the alarm, hitting the remote or turning the key to silence it, I am definitely going to read the manual(;-), then that thread in this forum, and then follow the directions or unplug the little siren when working on the bike, which is the route my shop suggests. It's four bolts away from the left hand saddlebag and a little clip that is easy to manipulate.

Lesson Five: to make the flash drive work for the Nav upload, the key element is formatting said flashdrive in a PC to the "FAT32", which I could not do on my Mac. Once it was formatted correctly on a PC style computer, the rest of the operation went smoothly. I pulled the flash from the Venture and returned it to my Mac to complete the second step. There is a thread in this forum which provided that detail (I gave thanks!), and the mechanics in the shop were in awe of my mad tech skills....fortunately, I work with middle school children and have maintained confidence that I can't really "break" anything as long as I remember what I did in order to to "undo"....that becomes a greater challenge with each passing year...dang it!

Lesson Six: I was leaving a meeting, on my way back to the shop yesterday afternoon. I stepped, awkwardly, on the edge of a concrete path, and as my ankle rolled (in slo-motion), my summer with my left ankle in a cast, flashed before my eyes. Some instinct caused me to just "go with the fall" and roll.... Upon reflection with co-workers and examination of the offending "lip", hidden by the grass, it was agreed that a very minor sprain could have been much worse.

Take care!

P.S. = I didnt even know us lop eared varmints had to have a certain number of posts to be able to post pics, guess that makes me a forum geezer of some sort :think:.. I think if I was you, a new member with a new bike to post pics about,, I would probably just starting "I GOT IT!!" over and over and over again until I got to the point I could post up the pics :witch_brew::stickpoke::witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:..

As long as Freebird does not ban me for posting "spam"....

Lesson four:After spending the second half of the day in the shop with the alarm, hitting the remote or turning the key to silence it, I am definitely going to read the manual(;-), then that thread in this forum, and then follow the directions or unplug the little siren when working on the bike, which is the route my shop suggests. It's four bolts away from the left hand saddlebag and a little clip that is easy to manipulate.

Take care!

Congrats,

You can disable the alarm (service mode) when working on bike.

1. turn key to on

2 turn key to off

3. open fuel door

4. wait for two beeps

5. close fuel door.

6 bike is now in service mode and will stay in this mode until key is turned on again,

the system will reset to normal operation

Congrats,

You can disable the alarm (service mode) when working on bike.

1. turn key to on

2 turn key to off

3. open fuel door

4. wait for two beeps

5. close fuel door.

6 bike is now in service mode and will stay in this mode until key is turned on again,

the system will reset to normal operation

Thanks! Works as described. :)