IGNORED

Ebay.com sucks sooooooo bad

uhfradarwill

I wish I had received my progressive springs I bought on May 20, 2019 from seller "qeautoparts1".

I waited my ten days and now have to wait till June 5th before ebay/paypal will get involved.

If we could just get rid of the scum bags in the world we could all breath a little easier!!

Not much comfort at this point but hang in there a few more days and let them deal with it. I made a purchase of couple of projector headlights for my '84 a few years back from an eBay seller a few years back. About $300.00 worth. Expected delivery time came and went without my lights. I exchanged several emails with the seller and all I got was a run around and he kept stalling. I turned it over to eBay along with my email exchange copies. Only took them a few days to get me a full refund and I do believe the seller got suspended or banned for his actions. They don't put up with that kind of activity. They do try to weed out the ad ones. So best of luck.

I have a similar situation going on @ work on Amazon. WE ordered 2 cases of the blue scott shop towels. 1 showed up and the other is MIA. The seller says according to Fedex the package was delivered with it being signed for. I look it up on fedex sight it says no signature required, package weight was 10lb. One package alone is 10 lb. So somewhere there is my package of towels and around and around we go.

I still like Ebay for hard to find stuff and sometimes the previously-enjoyed cheap stuff. In the last many years I have had only two issues, both times Ebay stepped in and righted it. My only real issue with Ebay itself is that the fees cut too deep into net seller proceeds. As a buyer I have good luck but I strictly stay with sellers that do not use gimmicks, like ending prices in 95, 98 or 99, or masking country of origin, or using phrases like "American seller" or "Ships from America" or the little American flag icon to try and disguise substandard Chinese crap manufactured under almost non-existent quality control standards. Although not as bad as some other online retailers, Ebay does still struggle with counterfeit and knock-off items coming off the slow boat. Some sellers are just plain flakey or sell so much stuff that errors start cropping up, but when they do it is usually reflected in their feedback before long. There is a ton of money to be made reselling Chinese junk and a lot of people are doing it by any means necessary, including deception. Oh yea, the all caps guy, forget about him too. Sometimes flakey sellers are selling good products at fair prices, but their feedback still reflects not treating buyers properly, hopefully.

When I buy I stick with sellers having feedback of 99.9% or better, and any gentle aroma of gimmicky sales is a hard no right off the bat. You CAN NOT trust anyone using sales gimmicks, not online and not in person. Although not nearly as bad as some other online retailers, they still do suffer with counterfeit and Chinese made knock-off items. Very much buyer beware on that. I may ask a question if I'm on the fence just to see how fast and comprehensive the answer is. I can see who is tilting toward customer service and who is just greedy. When using Ebay I scrutinize sellers before the the products, and so far using the above tactic and gimmick avoidance has worked out fairly well. YMMV.

Edited by CaseyJ955

I have not had any problems with ebay so far. But quite often when I want some specific item, I just google that item and buy from a US company for less money. An example of that is the National cycle windshield I bought for my Kawasaki. When I googled that part number, I found one that evidently had been sitting on a shelf for a long time an got it for cheap.

A lot of times reading the description and the reply's gives you a pretty good heads up. On the seller side, I have had an air drill up for sale for like 3 months on a "free" ad. But low and behold every month I get a notification that pay pal has paid e-bay for the ad I have there. So may pull it here soon as I have not had any action on it.

I buy a crap load of stuff from ebay as it's the only place sometimes to find the parts I need for the old motorcycle restorations I do. I haven't really had any problems to speak of and I have been buying for years.

In fact, over the years, I have bought merchandise from "qeautoparts1" and never had a problem. I recognized the name as soon as I read it in you post. I haven't bought anything from them recently, probably about a year or so, but have noticed that he/they are selling tons of stuff now. Maybe that's part of the problem you are in. They got too big for their britches and are having a hard time meeting demand.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I once bid on a high end Fluke meter new in the box and won the bid. My bid was was $10.00. First notice stated that I won the bid, could not believe my luck $10.00 for a $600.00 meter. Next day I get a notice seller has pulled item.