IGNORED

VR Assistance List

Freebird

Most of the old timers here know about our VR Assistance list. You can find it under the "community" link in the menu bar. The purpose of the list is to help members who may be on a trip or need help of some kind when away from home. Originally, I created the list manually but it was a big job and didn't get updated nearly as often as it should have. A few years ago, a special program was written that would create the list automatically and update it almost instantly as people signed up to be a part of it.

Note that due to personal phone numbers and other information, the list can only be used by supporting members.

Ok, now here's the problem. I get emails anytime a new member joins the VentureRider group. Along with that email is a overview of their profile as filled out. I do not get emails every time a member edits their profile so perhaps some are corrected after the fact. The issue is though that I see a lot of notifications where people select the services that they may be willing to provide to a member needing help but they fail to select "YES" to be included on the list. I think that is primarily an oversight but perhaps not. Basically, it does no good to list services you can provide but then don't select "yes" to be included on the list.

If you wish to be included on the assistance list, please check your profile to make sure you have selected to be there. Just click on "Profile" at the upper right top of the page and then scroll down until you see 'VR Assistance" on the page. It will show the services that you have selected, if any, and right above that it will say "Yes" or "No". If you ned to change that, just click on the little pencil that indicated "edit" beside that selection. You can also update your services offered should you need to.

Thank you. People have their own reasons as to whether or not they wish to be included and I'm not arguing that you do or don't elect to. Just want to make sure that your intentions are stated accurately.

Hey Boss I was looking over the assistance list and noticed a few members on the list that have passed. I would feel terrible to call a number listed and ask for a member to find that he was gone. I may be overthinking it but would hate to upset a widow or child. I hate to add to your never ending attention to the site but just a thought.

I listed local guidance, tools and mechanical help available. I don't have a trailer but I do have an 8" bed and ramp on the pickup. Should I also list trailer as available for recovery?

If you feel that it would be beneficial to somebody stuck along the road?? by all means!

I tend to be a little more :Im not listening to about my opinions than I should be at times and as a result I ended up getting some :Avatars_Gee_George: messages sent to me over my opinions on a bike. The authorities suggested that I probably should, among a few other life style changes, be careful about putting personal information out in cyber space so I reluctantly followed some of their suggestions and am currently running a covert operation as a result. I am still me and still here though and am always willing to help someone in need. If you do need help and see a guy on a beat up old stickered covered 1st Gen pull up to assist you I suggest that you dont reach into your riding jackets pocket to pull out a Hot Dog to attempt to bribe me with as I have been practicing my quick draw and have gotten pretty good at it:Laugh: