IGNORED

What's it Worth??

Condor

You'd look cool riding around it that Condor. You'd feel like you were in the movie American Graffitti!

Agree'd... The problem I see is there isn't anyplace to mount the plates, or even if the bumpers are still laying around. Lighting?? It'd need those to be street legal here in Kalifornica... Not to mention passing SMOG....

Maybe once around the block?? Gonna be interesting to see what it sells for.... :mo money:

PS: I just caught a glimpse of a license plate under the back of the rear. Can't believe they didn't include that in the video??

Edited by Condor

Not your typical street rod fer sure man!! You rarely see anything but Ford, so a 4 door Plymouth would definitely be a conversation piece!

My first question would be why is it for sale in the first place?? Did the PO just get tired of it or is there some hidden issue like a cracked frame or something??

Overall it looks very nice and well thought out! I would love to see how much it brings...

It is in an estate auction. So it could bring big :mo money: or it could go cheap. It showed some paint flaws so it has been around for a while. It is also in NorCal. so it should pass emissions. I would venture to say it will sell for around $40,000.00 so if you have :mo money::mo money::mo money: go for it.

I got a call back from the auctioneer, and it is registered and current. The floorboards are fiberglass, and the fenders might be also?? That would make a big difference in value. They do have the side covers for the engine, but will need to be modified to work unless they are temporaries. Permanents would need to have a piano wire right down the middle of the top. Plus the engine isn't 'chromy' enough to be of show quality. So it will be interesting to see if there are any people foolish enough to toss big bucks at it.... It presents well, but after studying it a bit it does have issues. I thought I'd toss 5G's at it right when the bidding starts... That should be safe enough.... :-) :whistling:

For anyone interested in the rest of the items here's a link

https://norcalonlineauctions.com/auctions/northern-ca-classic-car-auto-auction-norcal~1561/

ARGH Blasphemy a SBC in a MOPAR. Needs a late model Hemi. Still pretty cool though. Had a buddy in Ok when I was in USAF that was a body man on the side. He got some like late 30's early 40's Plymouth 4 door long swoopy thing. He fixed the body all up and I helped him drop a 440 and torqueflite in it.

ARGH Blasphemy a SBC in a MOPAR. Needs a late model Hemi. Still pretty cool though. Had a buddy in Ok when I was in USAF that was a body man on the side. He got some like late 30's early 40's Plymouth 4 door long swoopy thing. He fixed the body all up and I helped him drop a 440 and torqueflite in it.

It's just as bad as all those Ford street rods running around with SB Chevys in them. Actually I don't blame them. SB 327-350's are a hell of a lot easier to work on... :-)

Buy it Condor and I'll go cruisen the strip with ya next time Tip and I are in town!!!:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Well.... it's off and running. I checked earlier and it's already up to 10G's+. Basically because two guys with no brains are in a pissing contest..... I don't think that cruise is gonna happen.... :-( Heck I just checked again and it's up to 16....

It's just as bad as all those Ford street rods running around with SB Chevys in them. Actually I don't blame them. SB 327-350's are a hell of a lot easier to work on... :-)

Well.... it's off and running. I checked earlier and it's already up to 10G's+. Basically because two guys with no brains are in a pissing contest..... I don't think that cruise is gonna happen.... :-( Heck I just checked again and it's up to 16....

Ratsssssssssssssssssss!! I was REALLY looking forward to cruisin to Leatherby's Ice Cream in that thang Jack! Just thinking of all those cute little 22 year old girls staring at us handsome varmints stepping out of that puppy as we walk inside to enjoy yet another great big scrumdatious bowl of Butter Nut :thumbsup:

Oh well,, skip the Hot Rod :95:,, skip those young females (Tip would NEVER stand for me bringing one home anyway and you dont need the headaches anyway brother) and just go for the ice cream :big-grin-emoticon:

and the performance parts for those 350's are a LOT easier to find and way more variety of such... Probably the most versatile V-8 ever built,, TOUGH TOO!!:thumbsup:

Years ago I was looking at Crate engines for a van and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, was I SHOCKED at the difference in price, and build selection between the 350's and anything else out there...

Ratsssssssssssssssssss!! I was REALLY looking forward to cruisin to Leatherby's Ice Cream in that thang Jack! Just thinking of all those cute little 22 year old girls staring at us handsome varmints stepping out of that puppy as we walk inside to enjoy yet another great big scrumdatious bowl of Butter Nut :thumbsup:

Oh well,, skip the Hot Rod :95:,, skip those young females (Tip would NEVER stand for me bringing one home anyway and you dont need the headaches anyway brother) and just go for the ice cream :big-grin-emoticon:

I told my wife once that I was going to find a young girl to come live with us, and she said only if she does laundry, dishes, cleans house and washes windows then she is welcome.

:farmer:

I told my wife once that I was going to find a young girl to come live with us, and she said only if she does laundry, dishes, cleans house and washes windows then she is welcome.

:farmer:

Well your better half is wayyyy more forgiving that Tip is Sly... :scratchchin: wait a second,, take that back,,, I think Tip would be okay with the same as yours but would probably accept the youngen doing all the labor and then kick me out.. Then Tip could live out her life never having to do another dish washin or none of that stuff and spend her time traveling down to play with the Grandkids :guitarist 2:... That Tip is always plotting something :guitarist 2:

Well it's up over $20,000 this morning. Too much now that I know a little more, and looking over it with a fine tooth comb. It's an old build that has been driven a lot. The engine is nice but doesn't present well enough to be 'showy'.... Running boards are fiber glass, and I bet the fenders are too. So it's not an all steel body which is most desirable... Chrome looks like it's due to be re-done. And to top is off I watched the first day of the Mecum Auction and there were a couple of street rod roadster show cars that were drop dead gorgeous that sold in the 14-15K range. So all in all this one is way too high. Plus there's a 10% buyers premium tacked onto it which takes it to 22K. Add sales tax and you're talking another 1.5K. The '34 Plymouth's that came up when Googled were higher but looked a lot nicer... IMHO... :-) :icon_lurker::icon_lurker:

Well it's up over $20,000 this morning. Too much now that I know a little more, and looking over it with a fine tooth comb. It's an old build that has been driven a lot. The engine is nice but doesn't present well enough to be 'showy'.... Running boards are fiber glass, and I bet the fenders are too. So it's not an all steel body which is most desirable... Chrome looks like it's due to be re-done. And to top is off I watched the first day of the Mecum Auction and there were a couple of street rod roadster show cars that were drop dead gorgeous that sold in the 14-15K range. So all in all this one is way too high. Plus there's a 10% buyers premium tacked onto it which takes it to 22K. Add sales tax and you're talking another 1.5K. The '34 Plymouth's that came up when Googled were higher but looked a lot nicer... IMHO... :-) :icon_lurker::icon_lurker:

I call em Auction Addicts Jack,,,, once they get started at it,, ya might as well put the paddle in the pocket and go get an ice cream cone cause them varmints will go CRAZY = as you have proven here!!!

I call em Auction Addicts Jack,,,, once they get started at it,, ya might as well put the paddle in the pocket and go get an ice cream cone cause them varmints will go CRAZY = as you have proven here!!!

Well I've got a different name for 'm but the end result is the same... That's why I hate attending an auction with a large audience.. In a group of 100 people there's always 10 that have more money than brains..... :bang head: I do well at nickle/dime auctions that has something I can sell and it's expensive. Generally they will all fold at 10-20% value, and I'll get a great buy. I bought 300' of G4/HT 5/16th anchor chain last week for $125 bucks. Sold it yesterday for $300. Retails for around $450-$500. Quick turn, and doubled my money!!

And getting back to the '34 Plymouth.... It still has a couple of hours to go and it's siting at 22K. While watching today's Barrett Jackson's auction from Florida an awesome '33 Ford Sedan Custom, that wanted for nothing, sell for 16K....

Edited by Condor