IGNORED

Guess what made this dent?

DanielM

McKibben Motorsports Lake Wales Star Venture Transcontinental $19,995. Found Deluxes for less.

Spot on Corporal Newkirk, those prices been droppin like a rock for a good while now. Matter of fact, if I were seriously interested in a new left over SVTC I would grab a handful of cash and use that figure that you posted as a starting point for negotiating an out the door deal. There may be some truth to what has been posted on the net about Mom Yam holding off on releasing new updated model years of the line until the left overs are cleared out of dealership inventories. If so, that would definitely provide a platform for being able to see even better deals than the 19,995 left over SVTC's with a little negotiating IMHO.

I think if I were in Dan's shoes I would go over my crunched SVTC with a fine tooth comb looking for even paint chips that would require the plastics to be replaced. Sure dont seem like it would be that hard to show an insurance company repair costs well above what a brand new 2018 SVTC replacement scoot could be had for now..

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. Doc says 6-8 weeks of physical therapy and I'll be as good as new; well as good as an out of shape guy my age should expect to be :)

Shop just completed initial repair estimate for the insurance company today. Did you know that "Travel Trunk" and "high mount stop lamp" are $2,800 just for the parts?? Total estimate is just shy of $5K, but there are a couple of things I've asked the shop to take a second look at.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

IMHO, triple check the frame connections where floor boards and the like bolt up.. Look for disfiguring at weld joints and the like. If you find a dented/tweaked spot = instant total = new bike.. Better to find it now than have it discovered after the fact brother!

All the best in healing fully and full recovery of your scoot!!

Puc

Wow I hate seeing these kind of accidents. Its bad enough to always have to be aware that you can be victim to an accident at any given time while in motion. But to be stopped and suddenly get nailed from behind by a distracted driver is just another kind of worry, specially in this day and age when there is so much that can easily distract any driver at any given second and that is before even tossing in things like cellphone use etc.. Ontario has just tightened up distracted driving laws to the point of were you can even get charged with drinking a coffee, eating a sandwich or using CB radio ( n0w on the later I have always believed that using a CB radio while driving can actually be a safety feature since chatting with another driver while doing long distance driving can actually help one stay awake, but that's another discussion. . Initially you think to yourself this is getting a little ridicules. Then you read or see something like this and you begin to wonder if maybe it isn't. The trouble is you can create all the distracted driving laws you want but if people insist on ignoring already existing rules, both common sense and legislated ones, what really is the answer.

Having said all that I am glad to hear that things did not end up worse bad as it is.

IMHO, triple check the frame connections where floor boards and the like bolt up.. Look for disfiguring at weld joints and the like. If you find a dented/tweaked spot = instant total = new bike.. Better to find it now than have it discovered after the fact brother!

All the best in healing fully and full recovery of your scoot!!

Puc

Thanks for the well wishes.

Completely agree about the damage. That's the kind of stuff I was referring to when I said that there's other things I'm following up with the shop on.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk