IGNORED

She's nekid ahgin!

luvmy40

Stripped down in anticipation of skydoc_17's delinking kit!

nekidagain1.jpg

I should have the delinking kit here in couple of weeks and I have the Progressive fork springs to install. I can't seem to find my 29mm socket, so I had to stop work until I find it or buy another, then find it!

Well, I own at least three of them. I'll probably get one from the loan a tool at AZ and then find all of mine!

They are probably in the same bag as my memory and marbles are in 40!! If I find any of them I will make sure you get your sockets back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy34::backinmyday:

I'm not sure if the de-linking kit involves new braided lines. If it does, I recommend you save the springs on the old lines. Should you replace the gas line from your fuel pump to the carbs, the spring will fit over the new 1/4 inch gas line. It will help prevent folding the fuel line where the hose does that 180 degree bend, as well as armor the soft fuel line. I'm doing exactly that, right now.

I'm not sure if the de-linking kit involves new braided lines. If it does, I recommend you save the springs on the old lines. Should you replace the gas line from your fuel pump to the carbs, the spring will fit over the new 1/4 inch gas line. It will help prevent folding the fuel line where the hose does that 180 degree bend, as well as armor the soft fuel line. I'm doing exactly that, right now.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup:

Got the forks drained, opened up and the progressives in. Waiting for the progressive 10w fork oil to arrive.

Caliper seal kits en route from Vickersguy. THANKS! I'll remove and disassemble the calipers tomorrow or this weekend.

Just waiting for my tax return to hit the bank to finalize the delinking kit purchase with skydoc-17.

BTW, what's the consensus on the spacers for the progressive springs? Full length? Half?...?

Got the forks drained, opened up and the progressives in. Waiting for the progressive 10w fork oil to arrive.

Caliper seal kits en route from Vickersguy. THANKS! I'll remove and disassemble the calipers tomorrow or this weekend.

Just waiting for my tax return to hit the bank to finalize the delinking kit purchase with skydoc-17.

BTW, what's the consensus on the spacers for the progressive springs? Full length? Half?...?

Mine dialed in at 1" spacers and 12.5wt Belray fork oil BUT,,, that worked perfect for 2 up and packed solid for touring (with a fair amount of off-roading involved).. May be a little stiff for 1 up stuff,, dont know...

• 2 weeks later...

I got the progressives installed and have the delinking kit and MC rebuild kits coming from skydoc_17. I ordered the Ignitech ignition module and it's scheduled for delivery this Thursday. I just got off the phone with Mark @ Diamond Custom Seats after ordering a new seat with diver's back rest, custom built to my and my wife's inseam and weight.

The anticipation is going to kill me! Now I just have to figure out how to carve out the time to get everything rebuilt and installed before the snow is done.

A COP mod is next in line, but I hope to squeeze another season out of the coils.

At the rate these temps are going the snow will be around until July.

I pulled winterization runs on both Maggie and Tweeksis today = 4 March, 2019. Maggie just squinted and ran when I backed her hind end outside the basement into the cold but that Tweeksis,, she got snappy with me and even refused to allow her rear tire to roll over the sliding door floor plate. I had to allow that old girl to remain inside with nothing but the very tips of her muffs hangin out in the cold.. Both of them bid you all the very best in your preppin your scoot for Summer ridin @luvmy40.. @Flyinfool,, I wont tell ya what they bid you brother :stickpoke::witch_brew::rasberry:

WooHoo! The Ignitech arrived two days early!

I thought it would come with the software to adjust the programming. Hopefully it's a download now instead of a disc. No need for it today but I do believe there are some adjustments that need to be made to go with the COP conversion.

Quote from Puc:

I pulled winterization runs on both Maggie and Tweeksis today = 4 March, 2019. Maggie just squinted and ran when I backed her hind end outside the basement into the cold but that Tweeksis,, she got snappy with me and even refused to allow her rear tire to roll over the sliding door floor plate. I had to allow that old girl to remain inside with nothing but the very tips of her muffs hangin out in the cold.

--------------

The Pucster nails us AGAIN!

The underlined words above were exactly why this 76 yr old had to wave goodbye to our beloved '09 RSTD!

Weighing in at nearly a half Ton, things reached a point where even backing our Miss Daisy over a paper-thin carpet runner behind her rear Tire was no longer possible. We downgraded to a 400cc Yamaha Majesty Scooter at roughly half her weight, with no requirement to 'swing a leg over' when Saddling Up.

Mind you, our Majesty (aka: 'Madge') is no Slug. She'll cruise The Big Road all day at 70-80 mph, but sadly cannot replace 'The Feel' of a full-blown Big Ride. We miss that dearly, but Health Issues have eliminated any thoughts of going back.

Rgds, WRIDR

My care package from skydoc_17 arrived yesterday. All new hydraulic lines, a "new"(to me) MK2 front brake MC, rebuild kits for the new brake MC, clutch MC and clutch slave cylinder.

I pulled the clutch slave, rebuilt it and reinstalled it this afternoon. Man what a PITA! The rebuild was painless and quick, but getting that little bugger out and back into it's hidey hole was brutal!

I also remembered that I forgot to ode the crank case cover gasket. Hopefully the local Yamaha dealer has one. I've been pleasantly surprised by what they have in stock for The Beast many times.

The "new" front brake MC and old clutch MC are rebuilt and installed.

The steel link line and neck mounted proportioning valve are removed, as are the old lines to the front calipers and the anti dive lines.

The new front brake line assembly is installed sans calipers as I do not have the new pads as of today.

The new clutch lines are installed, but I'm going to have to do something with the steel "pipe" that runs down the frame between the two short hoses. It's rubbing on the rear engine guard mounting tab and looks to be making contact in a couple other places as well. I might be able to isolate it with some neoprene foam, but if that does not work I'll have to bend up a new line and run some rubber fuel line over it to keep it from rubbing.

I picked up the crank case cover gasket yesterday but forgot to ask if they had the brake pad pin clips. The rear caliper had cotter pins instead of the hitch clip style retaining clips.

BTW, can anyone tell me what the two extra wires are for on the MK2 brake MC? The MK1 MC has the two white/black wires for the fluid level switch and a brown and a green/yellow wire for the brake light switch, all with bullet connectors. The MK2 MC has a black/white and a yellow wire with the brown and green/yellow wire in a four blade Mollex connector.

Edited by luvmy40
my wireless keyboard "R" key sucks!