IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

NICE SHOOTER THERE SLY!! I have never checked out the Bersa line (always wanted a Beretta 92F for many of the known qualities you have listed here) but will DEFINITELY sneek-a-peek next gun show I attend! Sounds like you are onto it like a hound on a snowshoe!! Minus the Lazer ya got hangin on the rail of course, she's got that "hang me in a shoulder harness under your jacket and I'll protect the hood" look to her.. Beautiful Sly,, just gorgeous!!

You even own a Beretta and/or got any shooting time experience to be able to compare the two Sly? I would be more than curious of your take (or anyones for that matter) between the two...

That Bersa do ok handling low velocity to +P's with no tuning between loads?

Sorry for being late but I spaced out on replying to this thread. That is not a lazer on the rail but a streamlight. That Bersa is very close to me at night and the Streamlight gives me a huge advantage if I have unwanted visitors. I am a country boy and the County Police are great leo's but it would be a quick response if they arrived in 20-30 minutes after being notified. So when they do get here, if the need arises, then they will need a body bag for me or the perps. And being a former leo I know how poor the shooting skills of the criminal low life are.

:farmer:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for being late but I spaced out on replying to this thread. That is not a lazer on the rail but a streamlight. That Bersa is very close to me at night and the Streamlight gives me a huge advantage if I have unwanted visitors. I am a country boy and the County Police are great leo's but it would be a quick response if they arrived in 20-30 minutes after being notified. So when they do get here, if the need arises, then they will need a body bag for me or the perps. And being a former leo I know how poor the shooting skills of the criminal low life are.

Hearing that my friend!! By the way,,, dont know if I ever told you but THANK YOU for your service in supporting our way of life brother,, YOU and all those other folks who took the oath are GREATLY appreciated by Tip and I!! THANKS Jim!!

Sooo,,, what in the wild world of protecting ourselves from those who would seek to destroy our way of life is a "Streamlight"? :think:,, you aint pullin one of those reverse psych thingies on me to return the favor of getting me to :mo money:are ya brother :thumbsup2:?? Definitely sounds like something I may have to track down if it is what I think it is:Laugh:

Just getting around to checking out my most recent ammo ship!! 5000 Rds of Aquilla 40 grain copper plated high velocity for 3.2 cents a round SHIPPED!! I went to lift the box and could hardly lift it (think I better do some:pushups:) off the porch,, makes me wonder how on earth the supplier could ship this stuff for free!! I aint complaining though,,, more :mo money:to spend on a,, "Streamlight" as soon as Sly splains it to me!!:Laugh:

DSCN8092.JPGDSCN8090.JPG

Hearing that my friend!! By the way,,, dont know if I ever told you but THANK YOU for your service in supporting our way of life brother,, YOU and all those other folks who took the oath are GREATLY appreciated by Tip and I!! THANKS Jim!!

Sooo,,, what in the wild world of protecting ourselves from those who would seek to destroy our way of life is a "Streamlight"? :think:,, you aint pullin one of those reverse psych thingies on me to return the favor of getting me to :mo money:are ya brother :thumbsup2:?? Definitely sounds like something I may have to track down if it is what I think it is:Laugh:

Just getting around to checking out my most recent ammo ship!! 5000 Rds of Aquilla 40 grain copper plated high velocity for 3.2 cents a round SHIPPED!! I went to lift the box and could hardly lift it (think I better do some:pushups:) off the porch,, makes me wonder how on earth the supplier could ship this stuff for free!! I aint complaining though,,, more :mo money:to spend on a,, "Streamlight" as soon as Sly splains it to me!!:Laugh:

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115702https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115703

I it is a high lumen led light, and will near blind a person in the dark.

I have always been torn on a gun mounted light. Yes if it is bright enough it can be blinding, But if it is that bright then it will also wipe out my night vision. If there is a second intruder the light will give him an aiming point to locate me. I have never been able to convince myself which way is better.

I have always been torn on a gun mounted light. Yes if it is bright enough it can be blinding, But if it is that bright then it will also wipe out my night vision. If there is a second intruder the light will give him an aiming point to locate me. I have never been able to convince myself which way is better.

On the other hand, it not be a bad idea, in my case, when living with "Annie Oklie" to have a bright light shining down wind of the shooter cause I would sure hate to end up with a backside full of buckshot after going upstairs while pulling an all nighter working on scoots in the basement and needing to use the potty :no-no-no::duck::duck::duck::duck::happy34::Laugh:

On the other hand, it not be a bad idea, in my case, when living with "Annie Oklie" to have a bright light shining down wind of the shooter cause I would sure hate to end up with a backside full of buckshot after going upstairs while pulling an all nighter working on scoots in the basement and needing to use the potty :no-no-no::duck::duck::duck::duck::happy34::Laugh:

OK friends this has gotten out of hand.:bang head: Spent untold money doing things to firearms because of Cowpuc. Sitting in my office chair, at my desk and near my gun safe and eurika!:doh: I need to build my Mossberg 500 .410 gauge.:banana: I will be sending Cowpuc a bill for accessories, but being a fair person I will encur the installation costs.:happy65:

I feel that is fair since it is all his fault.:stickpoke:

Just my latest rant.:rant:

OK friends this has gotten out of hand.:bang head: Spent untold money doing things to firearms because of Cowpuc. Sitting in my office chair, at my desk and near my gun safe and eurika!:doh: I need to build my Mossberg 500 .410 gauge.:banana: I will be sending Cowpuc a bill for accessories, but being a fair person I will encur the installation costs.:happy65:

I feel that is fair since it is all his fault.:stickpoke:

Just my latest rant.:rant:

Heyyyyy,,, wait a second here,,,, by The Code (and bein an LEO = you of all lop eared VR varmints should KNOW the importance of following The Code) = :worthless:

and there is no where in The Code that says this does not apply for 410 Shotgun shootin irons!!!!!!!!

Sure Sly, send me the bill,, as long as the vendor you ordered from accepts Hot Dogs:178: for payment in full,,, the Pucsters got chur back!! After this though:

Not to be confused with one of those lop eared code violatin varmints (hey Sly,, you can ALWAYS send me more pics to post for ya,, ANYTIME my friend!!),, the VR :photographing::cop: should note that I included PICS with my latest shootin iron drama here :thumbsup:

LOOKY what finally got here from Cambodia (gotta LOVE E-Bay!),, my $2 sling AR15 swivel finally arrived :dancefool:!! Hard to imagine a fully grown mature man could get so exited about something sooo trivial aint it:hurts:..

Wayyy back last fall when I first started my AR15 build I shopped till I dropped for a low dollar,, low budget, cheap as could be AR bottom end (biker talk for a Receiver) to build on. After a bunch of research, I set out to score on one of the latest generations of the "Plum Crazy" mounts and landed a complete bottom end for $70 bucks - shipped. I had read a LOT of good things on this Polymere receiver, paying very close attention to the exactness in their ability to hold Mil-Spec tolerances on the latest model = it WORKED,, it is AMAZING!! High end trigger group :mo money:dropped right in:Laugh:!! When playing with replacing the trigger group with the latest and greatest, and something I did not notice in all my reading was exactly how complete the unit was/is.. Complete all the way to the little QD's (quick disconnect) cups being built right into the stock from the factory = wayyyyyyy cool!! The QD for the Key-Mod furniture up front came in many moon ago and I have been anxiously waiting for the matching stock QD to get here from Cambodia and TODAY WAS THE DAY:santa:!!!!!!!!!

Notice that the "cup" that receives that QD is not needed with the Plum!! I guess I could have tried to talk the seller in Cambodia down 50 cents on the deal and him keep the little cup but, because he shipped for free, I figured what da heck what da hay and sent the 2 bucks!! :missingtooth:DSCN8096.JPGDSCN8097.JPGDSCN8103.JPGDSCN8102.JPGDSCN8101.JPGDSCN8099.JPGDSCN8100.JPGDSCN8108.JPGDSCN8105.JPGDSCN8109.JPG

I prefer a single point sling myself but that’s what I’ve trained with

I just snapped that two point on for show and tell Skidder, I have never messed with the single point but I am gonna as I did grab one over the winter to try. It will be interesting to see how it works for me, I have 0 training with em like you but have lots of time on the 2 point (hunting).. Lots of FUN!!:thumbsup:

OUTSTANDING BROTHER!! Wayyyy cool!!

Hey @Skid,, does that SR have a "normal" AR lower? Does the lower and upper pivot open on the forward pin to reveal a removable BCG and trigger group like, I assume, your MP15 does?

That QD is really interesting. My only concern is just how easy is it to push the release button with a twig or something and have the gun doing the back stroke on the gravel?

I would never say never Fool but the button on these QD's is pretty stiff springed and ya gotta push it in below the rim of the receiving bucket to get it to disconnect.. DEFINITELY no where near as easy to release as, sayyy, one of those cheapy little 3 ball Chinese air hose QD connections that we all love so much.. :missingtooth:

I would give the sling QD a better than 90% chance of never being knocked open by a twig

OUTSTANDING BROTHER!! Wayyyy cool!!

Hey @Skid,, does that SR have a "normal" AR lower? Does the lower and upper pivot open on the forward pin to reveal a removable BCG and trigger group like, I assume, your MP15 does?

The MP 15 is mil spec but the SR22 is the same as the Ruger 10/22 rifle it on a AR look platform. It takes the same barrel mag as the 10/22. I’m searching for an HC3R 25 round mag but there on back order

The MP 15 is mil spec but the SR22 is the same as the Ruger 10/22 rifle it on a AR look platform. It takes the same barrel mag as the 10/22. I’m searching for an HC3R 25 round mag but there on back order

I hear ya, I LOVE drum feed (got em for both the 556 nato and 7.62 nato AR's, I am waiting for FedArm to break loose with the Drum for my AR12 too. I can pick up a Drum for my AR15 22lr conversion fairly reasonably BUT it wont work with the Madden Grip Loader (works AWESOME) cause ya gotta wind it while ya feed the ammo to it so I am holding off on it.

Won't one of these work in your SR if it's built around a 10/22?:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=10%2F22%20drum&Sort=13

or are you specifically wanting the HC3R?

Hey Puc, I bought another AR today.

Let the building begin!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190312/9b0ab9267e88d0d974415f8f7c0fb97e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and it's ANDERSON!! GOOD STUFF MAYNERD!!!

:scared:,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, TOTALLY SCRUMBSISH THERE MY BROTHER!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You an FFL? If not,, what cha paying for the service? We gotta FFL/pawn shop a couple miles down the road = 20 buck long gun or handgun = includes all the paperwork/background, VERY REASONABLE!!

ADDICTIVE AINT IT!!!! :missingtooth:

These AR's are SOOOOOO BUILDABLE and VERSITLE and FUN TO BUILD and FUN TO SHOOT and FUN TO LOOK AT and FUN TO :mo money:ON and FUN TO DREAM ABOUT:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Pity that swamp 'o State Land down the road come Spring:Laugh::dancefool:

Heyyyyy,,, wait a second here,,,, by The Code (and bein an LEO = you of all lop eared VR varmints should KNOW the importance of following The Code) = :worthless:

and there is no where in The Code that says this does not apply for 410 Shotgun shootin irons!!!!!!!!

Sure Sly, send me the bill,, as long as the vendor you ordered from accepts Hot Dogs:178: for payment in full,,, the Pucsters got chur back!! After this though:

I will send a pic soon. Got to see doctors for the next two days. Just normal stuff, one eye doctor and one allergist.

I will send a pic soon. Got to see doctors for the next two days. Just normal stuff, one eye doctor and one allergist.

Feel free to send em over when ever you get a round tuit Sly! Thoughts and Prayers Up on the doctorin stuff brother!:happy34:

I'm of the same mind. I figure puttinga light on a pistol just gives a low life something to aim at in the dark. I prefer luminous 3-dot sights.

re: another post here about the muzzle flash on your 7mm-08 hunting pistol when using factory ammo. Have you found a good fast burning powder for your reloads which minimizes the flash? just curious?

LIKE GUNS?? Go here.... https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/

This month's is interesting... I'm currently watching 19 items.. Still a couple of days to go and the list will get weedled down as we go. Some are interesting, some are really interesting, and some I'm watching because I already own one and want to see what it sells for, some I just won't be able to afford, Some I just don't feel they are worth it.... Gawd, I love gun auctions!!.....:beer::beer::bighug: