IGNORED

Puc and Tips: Fun With Guns thread! Sharing ours and hopefully you will share yours!

cowpuc

WOW what a deal, Puc.:dancefool: Does it come with the screws? :think:

:farmer:

I am believing it does Sly as the copy in the "Auction" states:

[h=2]""Black Matte Finish All Necessary Instructions and Hardware Included[/h][h=2]Lifetime Warranty From Sun Optics USA""[/h]That said though, and now that you ask,, I just sent a note to the seller double checking on it.. GOOD POINT MY FRIEND!! Thanks!

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VERRRRYYYY interesting.This might make a fine addition to my 10 inch bull barrel target model MK2. The gun is already able to hold 2 MOA at 100 Yds with the cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammo and the factory iron sights. I am sure the groups will tighten up with some good optics.

I do need to contact Ruger to get a new extractor. Mine is so worn that it will not remove a shell from the chamber. The only way to unload the gun is to fire the last round out of the chamber or use a cleaning rod to push the unfired shell out of the chamber.

Here is one of my more uncommon guns. it is a Magnum Research, Lone Eagle, Chambered in 7mm - 08. With the muzzle brake it has about the same recoil as a .45ACP. The scope is a 2.5-7 X 32. In the hands of someone that knows what they are doing it is capable of sub MOA groups. I'm not but the gun is. I bought this for when deer hunting required the use of a shot gun, muzzle loader or handgun. A hand gun had to have at least a 5" barrel and be a .357 mag, a .41 Mag or a .44 Mag, or be able to produce at least 1000 Ft Lbs of energy at the muzzle with commercially available ammo. Commercial ammo in this is made for a 26 inch barrel, so putting down this 14 inch barrel would send a fireball about 15 yard down range.

The first pic shows a comparison of the .357 Mag and the 7mm - 08.

Lone_Eagle[1].jpg

Lone_Eagle_004[1].jpg

Edited by Flyinfool
fat fingers

Many scope mounts use a #6-48 thread to mount the base. If it does I have the #31 , 3 flute solid carbide drill bit and the 6-48 tap for making the holes.

The other popular thread sizes are #6-40 and #8-40 . I do not have those taps but I do have the #32 drill for the #6-40 and the #28 drill for the #8-40 .

Break out those swim trunks again.......:rasberry::stirthepot::stickpoke::whistling:

Should take what, a half hour for Maggi to get you here.....

VERRRRYYYY interesting.This might make a fine addition to my 10 inch bull barrel target model MK2. The gun is already able to hold 2 MOA at 100 Yds with the cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammo and the factory iron sights. I am sure the groups will tighten up with some good optics.

I do need to contact Ruger to get a new extractor. Mine is so worn that it will not remove a shell from the chamber. The only way to unload the gun is to fire the last round out of the chamber or use a cleaning rod to push the unfired shell out of the chamber.

Here is one of my more uncommon guns. it is a Magnum Research, Lone Eagle, Chambered in 7mm - 08. With the muzzle brake it has about the same recoil as a .45ACP. The scope is a 2.5-7 X 32. In the hands of someone that knows what they are doing it is capable of sub MOA groups. I'm not but the gun is. I bought this for when deer hunting required the use of a shot gun, muzzle loader or handgun. A hand gun had to have at least a 5" barrel and be a .357 mag, a 40 Mag or a 44 Mag, or be able to produce at least 1000 Ft Lbs of energy at the muzzle with commercially available ammo. Commercial ammo in this is made for a 26 inch barrel, so putting down this 14 inch barrel would send a fireball about 15 yard down range.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115678

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115679

Ok, Fool, you win. :confused24: I can't compete with your plinker.:bang head:

Here is one of my more uncommon guns. it is a Magnum Research, Lone Eagle, Chambered in 7mm - 08. With the muzzle brake it has about the same recoil as a .45ACP. The scope is a 2.5-7 X 32. In the hands of someone that knows what they are doing it is capable of sub MOA groups. I'm not but the gun is. I bought this for when deer hunting required the use of a shot gun, muzzle loader or handgun. A hand gun had to have at least a 5" barrel and be a .357 mag, a 40 Mag or a 44 Mag, or be able to produce at least 1000 Ft Lbs of energy at the muzzle with commercially available ammo. Commercial ammo in this is made for a 26 inch barrel, so putting down this 14 inch barrel would send a fireball about 15 yard down range.

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :178:,, gotta hand it to Jeff = he never was one to bring a knife to gunfight:cool10::guitarist 2::happy34:!!! TOTALLY AWESOME BROTHER FOOL = 100% GUNGORGEOUS:guitarist 2:(:scratchchin: - I think I just coined a new varmint word:checkeredflag:)!!

Couple questions,,, how did ya cock the thing? Looks like ya unscrew unscrew a breech plate to load it? Noticing the orange tip on the '08 round in the pic,, you shooting tracers in that puppy?

BEAUTIFUL!!:thumbsup:

:scratchchin:,, so what other kind of one off, gungorgeous, tank destroying shooters of mass oblivation ya got hidden in the walls behind the Wisconsin White Washer my FRIEND (emphathis on FRIENDS = right?:rotfl:)

Last is my Bersa Thunder Pro HC 9mm. This is my favorite handgun. Dead accurate after one sight adjustment. Very sweet shooting and with high capacity 17 + 1. Very quick re-accuiring target and easy pull trigger makes this DA-SA the cat's azz. I have long had a love affair with Bersa and this is my third, after a .380 Thunder and .380 hi-cap Thunder.

What else can I say other than "time to go shootin" ?

NICE SHOOTER THERE SLY!! I have never checked out the Bersa line (always wanted a Beretta 92F for many of the known qualities you have listed here) but will DEFINITELY sneek-a-peek next gun show I attend! Sounds like you are onto it like a hound on a snowshoe!! Minus the Lazer ya got hangin on the rail of course, she's got that "hang me in a shoulder harness under your jacket and I'll protect the hood" look to her.. Beautiful Sly,, just gorgeous!!

You even own a Beretta and/or got any shooting time experience to be able to compare the two Sly? I would be more than curious of your take (or anyones for that matter) between the two...

That Bersa do ok handling low velocity to +P's with no tuning between loads?

I loved the Springfield Armory 9mm and compact 45acp that I had to get the 45acp 5 inch XD Mod 2 I will go to the range in the morning and try 50 yards.https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115632

:icon_lurker:,, Tuffy must be buying bulk ammo and is having so much fun with that AWESOME 5 inch XD that he's still on the range :cool10:

How'd she do at the 50 yard mark tufftom4? By the way brother,, what does one get for the "Mod 2" name? Match bushing/barrel?

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :178:,, gotta hand it to Jeff = he never was one to bring a knife to gunfight:cool10::guitarist 2::happy34:!!! TOTALLY AWESOME BROTHER FOOL = 100% GUNGORGEOUS:guitarist 2:(:scratchchin: - I think I just coined a new varmint word:checkeredflag:)!!

Couple questions,,, how did ya cock the thing? Looks like ya unscrew unscrew a breech plate to load it? Noticing the orange tip on the '08 round in the pic,, you shooting tracers in that puppy?

BEAUTIFUL!!:thumbsup:

:scratchchin:,, so what other kind of one off, gungorgeous, tank destroying shooters of mass oblivation ya got hidden in the walls behind the Wisconsin White Washer my FRIEND (emphathis on FRIENDS = right?:rotfl:)

For loading or unloading the breach block rotates 90° and there is a spring loaded extractor to pop the shell out. You have to watch where you point it or it will bounce the unloaded shell off your forehead. For cocking there is a lever that can be seen sticking out the front of the stock. Pulling that lever out ~90° will cock the firing pin. You can also use that lever for decocking the action.

As for the bullet, That is a Nosler Ballistic tip, 140g, wonderful medicine for deer. The hard plastic tip on the bullet allows you to have a very sharp point for better aerodynamics to maintain bulled speed and energy farther down range. The hard plastic tip also prevents distortion when the tip of the bullet hits a feed ramp. Again helping accuracy. At terminal point the plastic tip will push back into the bullet creating a hollow point for great expansion and a massive wound channel. I typically find that plastic tip within the first half inch on the entry side. There is rarely an exit hole. Even when I have that same exact bullet loaded to 3800 FPS in my 7 Mag. ALL of that energy stays in the deer.

See...... there is always a method to my madness......

For loading or unloading the breach block rotates 90° and there is a spring loaded extractor to pop the shell out. You have to watch where you point it or it will bounce the unloaded shell off your forehead. For cocking there is a lever that can be seen sticking out the front of the stock. Pulling that lever out ~90° will cock the firing pin. You can also use that lever for decocking the action.

As for the bullet, That is a Nosler Ballistic tip, 140g, wonderful medicine for deer. The hard plastic tip on the bullet allows you to have a very sharp point for better aerodynamics to maintain bulled speed and energy farther down range. The hard plastic tip also prevents distortion when the tip of the bullet hits a feed ramp. Again helping accuracy. At terminal point the plastic tip will push back into the bullet creating a hollow point for great expansion and a massive wound channel. I typically find that plastic tip within the first half inch on the entry side. There is rarely an exit hole. Even when I have that same exact bullet loaded to 3800 FPS in my 7 Mag. ALL of that energy stays in the deer.

See...... there is always a method to my madness......

EXCELLENT REPORTING THERE FOOL!! EXCELLENT!!

So,, whats the farthest kill you've pulled with it and whats the closest? I had a 7 mag (was a Ruger with the safety on the comb,, LOVED the gun and took several White Tail with it BUT, had one accidental discharge due to carrying it thru Michigan THICK stuff by the comb and unknowingly knocking the safety off = thankfully was hunting alone = scared the CRAP out me - sold the gun a week later and warned buyer to watch carrying by the comb!!) that I had a shoot thru on a nice 6 point and some bone head hunter got to him before I do - he went about 150 yards with a 7mm hole thru him.. Went into town (place called "Dublin" = world known for their Jerky!!), bought a small spade drill and commenced to making my own brand of Hollow Points by hollow pointin em by hand with the spade drill.. Two days later blew a 3 inch exit wound shoulder to shoulder on a spike = tipped em over like he'd been hit by a semi.. Must of been my homemade Hollow Points didnt have near the expansion rate of your Nosler's :happy34:

EXCELLENT REPORTING THERE FOOL!! EXCELLENT!!

So,, whats the farthest kill you've pulled with it and whats the closest? I had a 7 mag (was a Ruger with the safety on the comb,, LOVED the gun and took several White Tail with it BUT, had one accidental discharge due to carrying it thru Michigan THICK stuff by the comb and unknowingly knocking the safety off = thankfully was hunting alone = scared the CRAP out me - sold the gun a week later and warned buyer to watch carrying by the comb!!) that I had a shoot thru on a nice 6 point and some bone head hunter got to him before I do - he went about 150 yards with a 7mm hole thru him.. Went into town (place called "Dublin" = world known for their Jerky!!), bought a small spade drill and commenced to making my own brand of Hollow Points by hollow pointin em by hand with the spade drill.. Two days later blew a 3 inch exit wound shoulder to shoulder on a spike = tipped em over like he'd been hit by a semi.. Must of been my homemade Hollow Points didnt have near the expansion rate of your Nosler's :happy34:

What weight were your bullets, 150 grain is the ideal weight bullet from a .30 cal rifle for deer, a 150 g from a 7mm will just drill small 7mm holes thru the deer and knock down 3 trees behind the deer. 140g works best for a 7mm or 6.5mm gun. 120g does wonders in my .243. I load all of my rifles with Nosler BT bullets. You can buy Federal Premium ammo off the shelf with Nosler BT bullets.

The longest kill with my 7 Mag was around 625 yards measured as best I could using google earth. It was a shot from one ridge to the next ridge across a fresh clear cut. The shortest was around 4 feet from the end of the barrel. I was in a ground blind and the deer walked right next to me. That one I never even raised the gun, the Gun was still in my lap. Not much aiming needed at 4 feet. But it did leave a 7mm hole and some powder burns in the side of the tent :whistling:.

Edited by Flyinfool

What weight were your bullets, 150 grain is the ideal weight bullet from a .30 cal rifle for deer, a 150 g from a 7mm will just drill small 7mm holes thru the deer and knock down 3 trees behind the deer. 140g works best for a 7mm or 6.5mm gun. 120g does wonders in my .243. I load all of my rifles with Nosler BT bullets. You can buy Federal Premium ammo off the shelf with Nosler BT bullets.

The longest kill with my 7 Mag was around 625 yards measured as best I could using google earth. It was a shot from one ridge to the next ridge across a fresh clear cut. The shortest was around 4 feet from the end of the barrel. I was in a ground blind and the deer walked right next to me. That one I never even raised the gun, the Gun was still in my lap. Not much aiming needed at 4 feet. But it did leave a 7mm hole and some powder burns in the side of the tent :whistling:.

Not chur 7 mag rifle ya confounded, ungrounded lop eared White Tail slayin varmint,,, I was askin bout your 7/08 handgun:178:

Been a long time,, I gotta 1/2 box of them in my has been shooting supplies , along with 30/30, 300 Savage, 44 mag, black powder stuff a bunch of dull Bear Broadheads with missing inserts in a box up in the garage. Next time I am up there trying to chase a bird out of the trusses I will check and see what they were but I have a hunch they were/are 150 or even 170 grain (if 170's were available back then), soft points for sure. Only reason I say that is I always LOVED brush hunting White Tail, over here on the West Coast of Michigan there is PLENTY of good, thick, State/Federal lands over flowing with White Tail that are soooooo much fun to harvest!! Now ya got me wondering Jeff,, I will have to do some diggin and see if I can find em.. Silver and Black box of factory stuff as I recall,, might of had some red on it too:scratchchin:...

Not chur 7 mag rifle ya confounded, ungrounded lop eared White Tail slayin varmint,,, I was askin bout your 7/08 handgun:178:

OH! :whistling:

As mentioned that handgun was purchased for use in shotgun country back before there were Sabot shotgun rounds, Those old shotguns with a slug were not much good beyond 100 yards. The longest shot that dropped a deer with the 7mm-08 handgun was around 200-230 yards. The closest was about 50 yards.

I used to love sitting at the top of this big hill on Thanksgiving morning and watch the wave after wave of deer drives go across the field below me. The field was chest high grass, and kind of swampy. From my vantage point I could see the drivers marching in a line across the field banging their pots and pans, and could see the deer crouching low and moving to between the drivers and letting them march and bang their way right past them. It never failed that once the drivers were far enough away the deer would stand up to watch them leave. As soon as the drivers were far enough away for safety, I could get any deer that were standing around watching if they were in a clear enough spot. An hour later the next wave of different drivers would be coming thru and the whole process repeated. It was always a blast. Literally and figuratively.

NICE SHOOTER THERE SLY!! I have never checked out the Bersa line (always wanted a Beretta 92F for many of the known qualities you have listed here) but will DEFINITELY sneek-a-peek next gun show I attend! Sounds like you are onto it like a hound on a snowshoe!! Minus the Lazer ya got hangin on the rail of course, she's got that "hang me in a shoulder harness under your jacket and I'll protect the hood" look to her.. Beautiful Sly,, just gorgeous!!

You even own a Beretta and/or got any shooting time experience to be able to compare the two Sly? I would be more than curious of your take (or anyones for that matter) between the two...

That Bersa do ok handling low velocity to +P's with no tuning between loads?

I have not run +P in it and may never. I have shot the Beretta 92 on a number of occassions and it is a nice weapon. Heavy like a 1911 but up to the task. This Bersa is much cheaper and used by the Argentine military in this form or longer XT model. The XT will set you back +$700.00, but I got the HC for $369 + tax and $25.00 transfer fee. And at 30 oz. it carries very nice in belt holster. You would love it. I bought it on impulse and past experience with the brand and it comes with lifetime repairs as long as original owner. Plus there are US repair facilities.

I bought my S&W Mod.57 .41 Magnum for the same reason you bought the Magnum Research. I ordered it in 1983 with a 10-3/8" barrel. After a little practice I sent it to Magnaport and they did their majic. Next dear season I was ready for them. I had a scope on it but for the life of me I can't tell you what it was. Once the State (IA, my grandparents lived there) changed the rules, I sold the scope but still have the revolver. If it wasn't so expensive to shoot I would occassionaly. Moved up to a .22-250 for IA hunting but stayed with my .30-06 for Nebraska, and to answer Puc's question... 120 gr accelerators.

Best Thread in a long time for this old shootist. Harder and harder to get the urge to go shoot. Turn 73 in April, but still have a little kick in the old body.:backinmyday::banana::dancefool::clap2:

I have not run +P in it and may never. I have shot the Beretta 92 on a number of occassions and it is a nice weapon. Heavy like a 1911 but up to the task. This Bersa is much cheaper and used by the Argentine military in this form or longer XT model. The XT will set you back +$700.00, but I got the HC for $369 + tax and $25.00 transfer fee. And at 30 oz. it carries very nice in belt holster. You would love it. I bought it on impulse and past experience with the brand and it comes with lifetime repairs as long as original owner. Plus there are US repair facilities.

About the same price range as a 92f clone Taurus,,, good price if she's a good grouper/shooter Sly, and by the sounds of things,, it is:thumbsup:!!

Checkin out Gunbroker as I type here,, I LOVE combining my love for the auction action (predatory?) with the joy of gettin a really good deal..

GunDeals shows this as the best price,, this like yours?

https://www.g4gguns.com/products/accessories-bersa-tpr9dt-091664960151-322

One of the HUGE things I LOVE about my 1911 (and also the Beretta 92 line = other than the police "D" model that is DA only) is the SA end of the deal. I spent a fair amount of time shootin (and hunting with) a Smith 29 6" 44 mag and learned early on of the accuracy advantage of having SA at the finger tips. That Bersa is a handsome shooter being DA/SA. Almost looks like very well done upgraded "1911" platform,, love the looks of the additional "hump" on the grip back too. That is something that makes the Beretta fit point of aim better to my hands.. Also seeing the little kick out on the forward bottom of the grip frame too :happy34:.. Beginning to see why you really like this one!!:thumbsup:

Yours the 4 1/2 inch barrel?

I bought my S&W Mod.57 .41 Magnum for the same reason you bought the Magnum Research. I ordered it in 1983 with a 10-3/8" barrel. After a little practice I sent it to Magnaport and they did their majic. Next dear season I was ready for them. I had a scope on it but for the life of me I can't tell you what it was. Once the State (IA, my grandparents lived there) changed the rules, I sold the scope but still have the revolver. If it wasn't so expensive to shoot I would occassionaly. Moved up to a .22-250 for IA hunting but stayed with my .30-06 for Nebraska, and to answer Puc's question... 120 gr accelerators.

Best Thread in a long time for this old shootist. Harder and harder to get the urge to go shoot. Turn 73 in April, but still have a little kick in the old body.:backinmyday::banana::dancefool::clap2:

I had a 22/250 bull barreled 700 Rem that I LOVED.. What a really really fun, long range, reach out and touch the crows shooter she was!! I spent hours and hours counting rifle powder "root beer barrels" (what I called those little granuals of powder) in hand loading for that thing.. Very time consuming BUT lots of rewarding fun!! Only thing was, being a little a light weight side of shootin lead,, cross winds were really challenging.. Out past 300 yards and ya really had to be on your toes. Still though,, LOTS of fairly inexpensive shooting fun (reloads) back in the day..

Know what your saying Sly,, this getting old and cold weather stiff is crazyiness and this kind of thread/yakkin shooters all winter with my good buddies has been a true blessing. Lots of fun!!

Tip's really gettin into it all too.. Just got the lazer bore sighter (all the way from China for $3) for her new skeet busting 12 gauge. Been playing with it here,,, pulled the sights on her shotgun in using the lazer and now having her raise to point of aim and say "bang" when she is sighted on a variety of targets (like that door knob, speaker on the wall, stuffed bear in the corner), all while I watch the location of the lazer on the target to see how her "point of aim" is doing... I was telling her of the old school saying that shooters lived by in my time that said "good, accurate gun handlers dry fire their shooters,,, A LOT" and now she knows what/why I was referring to.. She's getting pretty sharp... Cant wait for warm weather to see her put a whooping on those boxes of clays stacked in the garage :dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup2:.

I have thouroughly enjoyed all the :Im not listening to too Sly.. THANK YOU for participating my brother!!!:thumbsup:

About the same price range as a 92f clone Taurus,,, good price if she's a good grouper/shooter Sly, and by the sounds of things,, it is:thumbsup:!!

Checkin out Gunbroker as I type here,, I LOVE combining my love for the auction action (predatory?) with the joy of gettin a really good deal..

GunDeals shows this as the best price,, this like yours?

https://www.g4gguns.com/products/accessories-bersa-tpr9dt-091664960151-322

One of the HUGE things I LOVE about my 1911 (and also the Beretta 92 line = other than the police "D" model that is DA only) is the SA end of the deal. I spent a fair amount of time shootin (and hunting with) a Smith 29 6" 44 mag and learned early on of the accuracy advantage of having SA at the finger tips. That Bersa is a handsome shooter being DA/SA. Almost looks like very well done upgraded "1911" platform,, love the looks of the additional "hump" on the grip back too. That is something that makes the Beretta fit point of aim better to my hands.. Also seeing the little kick out on the forward bottom of the grip frame too :happy34:.. Beginning to see why you really like this one!!:thumbsup:

Yours the 4 1/2 inch barrel?

That is not the pistol you want. Bersa Thunder Pro 9 HC, or XT for mo money.:happy65:

I’ve been following this thread some and enjoying the comments. I’ve been modifying and slowly building up another AR. Not sure what all I’ll do but if I got enough parts left over I’m going to build another one from scratch.

ec69524870320deab2d26896877ebf03.jpg

bbea8dacc3982bdf2f0c7d83f2de61fe.jpg

I’ve been following this thread some and enjoying the comments. I’ve been modifying and slowly building up another AR. Not sure what all I’ll do but if I got enough parts left over I’m going to build another one from scratch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/ec69524870320deab2d26896877ebf03.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/bbea8dacc3982bdf2f0c7d83f2de61fe.jpg

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW:178::178::178::178::178::178::178::178: NICE SKIDDER!!!! VERY VERY NICE!!!:happy65::cool10::thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you went full length M-Lok on the guard on this one = real purdy!! I did 3/4 length Key-Mod on my recent 556 build and love it BUT the AR10 I just grabbed came with a full length M-Lok like yours and I REALLY like it too!

What did you come up with for a BCG on this one? I went "full auto" (and no,, that has NOTHING to do with it being full auto - just means it has some extra meat on the back of the bolt) with mine as I like the added strength. What chamber, twist and barrel length you choose for this one Skid? I dropped in a very inexpensive 16", 1:7 Wylde chambered ($39 at Durkins) BUT, been watching Durkins site (they run some pretty good sales) for a 20" Stainless in 1:8 Wylde - saw one on sale there over the winter at 1/2 price and shoulda grabbed the confounded thing but was in the process of piecing mine together so chose not to spend more $$$'s (even though Sylvester was REALLY pushing me to empty my wallet,,,, said he wouldnt loan me no $$$'s so I had to pass :big-grin-emoticon:)..

You stick an adjustable gas block in yours? I have been playing with a drop in 22LR conversion kit in mine (LOTS OF FUN) for the little bit of shootin Tip and I been able to do cause of :cold: and it is blow back so I really have not had a chance to go thru my smathering of 556 and 223 steel and brass ammo I grabbed to test it with so I dont know if I will have to default to an adustable or not.. VERY interested on what you did with yours and how ya came out with whatever you chose.

Now I gotta go in my AR room and grab a pic or two of our winter fun to show ya.. Till then,, CONGRATS on the AWESOME build brother - JUST BEAUTIFUL!! :thumbsup:

P.S. - so is it now Mayor Skid? Or should I say,, MayAR Skid :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::rotfl:

Puc

Not Mayor yet. Still only Councilman & Municipal Judge, Trustee, Security Director, & businessman. Election is June 4th. then I can add Mayor to the list. LOL.

The AR started out a plain Anderson in the 5.56 nato with 1/8 barrel. The Key Mod rail added lots of real estate to add extras. Then I added the iron sights and Vortex Crossfire optics. I really like the Vortex. I added some Magpul pieces and researching the Magpul stocks. Not sure till I get to lay my hands on a couple first. I got a half dozen pmags coming Monday. The light and laser is on my wish list.

Not Mayor yet. Still only Councilman & Municipal Judge, Trustee, Security Director, & businessman. Election is June 4th. then I can add Mayor to the list. LOL.

The AR started out a plain Anderson in the 5.56 nato with 1/8 barrel. The Key Mod rail added lots of real estate to add extras. Then I added the iron sights and Vortex Crossfire optics. I really like the Vortex. I added some Magpul pieces and researching the Magpul stocks. Not sure till I get to lay my hands on a couple first. I got a half dozen pmags coming Monday. The light and laser is on my wish list.

Cool!! I went pmag on my mags too, seem to be a pretty good product and I LOVE their Lifetime warranty. Grabbed a couple 20 rounders for both the 556 and the 7.62/'08 and a pmag 50rd drum for the 08. I did end up with a 100rd Korean Drum for the 556 and REALLY like the quality. Got it brand new/dirt cheap off an auction. Its the latest generation (must be slippin in my old age Skid,,, you know me and my love for 1st Gens:think:) that, like the pmag Drum, requires no graphite lube = maintenance free).

Here's those pics of our AR family,, top is our 556, big brother 7.62x51 and grand daddy 12 gauge on the bottom.. Life is good MayAR,, life is good!!:biker:DSCN8083.JPGDSCN8088.JPGDSCN8087.JPGDSCN8086.JPGDSCN8089.JPG