IGNORED

I bought another Ruger..

Condor

Not black powder. Not smokeless. Not center fire..... Nope...air. Saw a few of these come up in an auction. An old style .177 Pellet rifle. Since I have just a few Rugers, I figured why not?? One more won't hurt... These were brand new in the box. While carrying the box around I noticed it was a bit on the heavy side. When I opened the box I started to get impressed. This thing was no toy. No plastic in this puppy. It was as solid as a rock. The box stated 1200fps. It's a break barrel, and when I went to cock it..sweet jesus I could barely move the barrel. Now I know i'm a little long in the tooth, but damn!! When I pulled the trigger it sounded like a 22. I believe it would have no problem meeting the 1200. I'm actually excited about feeding some pellets thru this thing....

Edited by Condor

Not black powder. Not smokeless. Not center fire..... Nope...air. Saw a few of these come up in an auction. An old style .177 Pellet rifle. Since I have just a few Rugers, I figured why not?? One more won't hurt... These were brand new in the box. While carrying the box around I noticed nit was a bit on the heavy side. When I opened the box I started to get impressed. This thing was no toy. No plastic in this puppy. It was as solid as a rock. The box stated 1200fps. It's a break barrel, and when I went to cock it..sweet jesus I could barely move the barrel. Now I know i'm a little long in the tooth, but damn!! When I pulled the trigger it sounded like a 22. I believe it would have no problem meeting the 1200. I'm actually excited about feeding some pellets thru this thing....

They also make a .22cal version of the air rifle. Single breech break just like that. 1200fps is with standard pellets. If you’ll spend a little bit more and get some “Beeman Silverjet” pellets, you’ll increase accuracy, muzzle velocity will be around 1800fps AND it has 25% greater penetration. The pellets are “machined” and have circle seal gas checks which account for the greater velocity and its machined to a fine point... better penetration. I had a .177 with a 4-7x20 Tasco scope sighted in at 60 yards. I’d use it for dove hunting. At that distance and a breast shot, the pellet went THROUGH the bird. Don’t let that it’s an “air rifle” fool you. Those are NOT toys.

I remember my Crossman 760 that I got for Christmas....?...45...? years ago. That was a bad puppy too. My first hunting experience was going crow hunting with my older brother, and my job was to dispatch the survivors.

The Crossmans they make today can't hold a candle to that one. It was pretty heavy too.:backinmyday:

I am actually poochy lipped :headache: here @Condor!! You gotta KNOW this is coming, :photographing::cop:!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Not just cause of these goofy forum rules either brother but also because,,, out of ALL those pellet guns shown in my collection below (see how I am,,, I lead by example :missingtooth:) NOT ONCE did I EVER get to see a Ruger,,, much less even owning one!! Gotta have pics, price, where ya found it, what year it was made and on and on = none of this "guess what I got" stuff,, we want,, WE NEED the FULL scoop!! I mean,, after all,,, we are talking SHOOTERS here!!

COME ON ya lop eared gravey finger covered french fry munchin varmint = GIVE :big-grin-emoticon:

By the way,, I am working on my 4th tin of 500 rounds of .22 caliber pellets going thru the little Crosman pistol the neighbor gave me that I resealed for under 4 bucks!! Got a rusty old front rotor off my son-in-laws Edge hanging from a rope in the bushes in the front yard that I "ding" on a regular basis with that little shooter = REALLY good for maintaining the hand/eye/squeeze techique without having to clean the 1911 all the time (CHEAPER TOO!)..

GET OUT AND SHOOT THAT PUPPY JACK!!!:thumbsup: But pics first PLEASE and oh yea,, before I forget = CONGRATS on the latest addition to the safe!!:big-grin-emoticon:DSCN8082.JPGDSCN8166.JPGDSCN7638.JPGDSCN7658.JPGDSCN7654.JPGDSCN7649.JPGDSCN8088.JPGDSCN8081.JPGDSCN8078.JPG

Don't expect 25 yard single hole groups with the Ruger, taint gonna happen!!

If you are looking for a near same hole springer air rifle, you should consider one of these.

This is a 1988, pre-cheapening, RWS Diana 34. Awesome two stage trigger with side lever cock; no slop between barrel and receiver!!

DSC_1358.jpgDSC_1355.jpg

Edited by uhfradarwill

Don't expect 25 yard single hole groups with the Ruger, taint gonna happen!!

If you are looking for a near same hole springer air rifle, you should consider one of these.

This is a 1988, pre-cheapening, RWS Diana 34. Awesome two stage trigger with side lever cock; no slop between barrel and receiver!!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114880

NICE RADAR!!! REALLY REALLY NICE!!!!:thumbsup::clap2::dancefool:

I used to shoot and played a lot with the Crosman 600 handguns.. Little bit a tweekin and WOWZY were they good shooters for pistols. Never really did get into the precision rifle stuff but I do know what your talking about,, some of the high end stuff was/is remarkable and,,, truthfully, not hard to match dollar for dollar in price against a decent shootin fire stick..

Sure wish that @Condor would treat us to some peekin at his Ruger!!!:bawling:

NICE RADAR!!! REALLY REALLY NICE!!!!:thumbsup::clap2::dancefool:

I used to shoot and played a lot with the Crosman 600 handguns.. Little bit a tweekin and WOWZY were they good shooters for pistols. Never really did get into the precision rifle stuff but I do know what your talking about,, some of the high end stuff was/is remarkable and,,, truthfully, not hard to match dollar for dollar in price against a decent shootin fire stick..

Sure wish that Condor would treat us to some peekin at his Ruger!!!:bawling:

Ya, we need pics and pics of targets!!

I have a couple of firesticks here, both customs made with 3 lug Mouser actions, Hart barrels etc....

One in 25-06 and one in 308. Expensive to shoot those rascals.

Now that is just plain showing off. :stirthepot: :cool10:

:farmer:

I am actually poochy lipped :headache: here Condor!! You gotta KNOW this is coming, :photographing::cop:!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Not just cause of these goofy forum rules either brother but also because,,, out of ALL those pellet guns shown in my collection below (see how I am,,, I lead by example :missingtooth:) NOT ONCE did I EVER get to see a Ruger,,, much less even owning one!! Gotta have pics, price, where ya found it, what year it was made and on and on = none of this "guess what I got" stuff,, we want,, WE NEED the FULL scoop!! I mean,, after all,,, we are talking SHOOTERS here!!

COME ON ya lop eared gravey finger covered french fry munchin varmint = GIVE :big-grin-emoticon:

By the way,, I am working on my 4th tin of 500 rounds of .22 caliber pellets going thru the little Crosman pistol the neighbor gave me that I resealed for under 4 bucks!! Got a rusty old front rotor off my son-in-laws Edge hanging from a rope in the bushes in the front yard that I "ding" on a regular basis with that little shooter = REALLY good for maintaining the hand/eye/squeeze techique without having to clean the 1911 all the time (CHEAPER TOO!)..

GET OUT AND SHOOT THAT PUPPY JACK!!!:thumbsup: But pics first PLEASE and oh yea,, before I forget = CONGRATS on the latest addition to the safe!!:big-grin-emoticon:https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114871https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114872https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114873https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114874https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114875https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114876https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114877https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114878https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114879

I never new Ruger made an air rifle.

I have a Benjamin break action .22 pellet stick that is rated at 1200fps. I've not tested it on a chronograph, but it is wicked accurate and hella fun to shoot.

other than 22 CCI do have a couple of 22 break barrel rifles laying around here... somewhere?? One doesn't have a thing stamped on it anywhere to ID it other than 22cal. I've never shot it but it does have a crack when it's dry fired...

I am actually poochy lipped :headache: here Condor!! You gotta KNOW this is coming, !!!

Not just cause of these goofy forum rules either brother but also because,,, out of ALL those pellet guns shown in my collection below (see how I am,,, I lead by example ) NOT ONCE did I EVER get to see a Ruger,,, much less even owning one!! Gotta have pics, price, where ya found it, what year it was made and on and on = none of this "guess what I got" stuff,, we want,, WE NEED the FULL scoop!! I mean,, after all,,, we are talking SHOOTERS here!!

COME ON ya lop eared gravey finger covered french fry munchin varmint = GIVE

GET OUT AND SHOOT THAT PUPPY JACK!!! But pics first PLEASE and oh yea,, before I forget = CONGRATS on the latest addition to the safe!!

I do have a couple of saved pics from the auction listing. Not very good, and I plan on taking some 'artsy fartsy' pics soon. This was the second patch of these things to go up on the block. The first batch went for more than this ol' boy wanted to spend. The second batch were more reasonable. I got this one for $55 bucks. Brand new in the box. Puc, I'm humbled by your collection. I've probably got around a dozen BB's, .177's, 22's in pistol and rifle, but they pale in comparison to what you have in your pics.

One that I do have is a copy of a CO2 H&K USP semi-auto in BB. Looks like the real thing. It only runs the speedo up to 400fps but it's quick enough. 20 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger. I also have an Air-Soft that's fun to shoot at stuff around the office... :-)

Ya, we need pics and pics of targets!!

I have a couple of firesticks here, both customs made with 3 lug Mouser actions, Hart barrels etc....

One in 25-06 and one in 308. Expensive to shoot those rascals.

Pics will be coming. I have lots of 'fire sticks'. Lots of custom Mausers ranging from 222rem to 375H&H and even a couple of other types in 45-70 govt. 10-4 on the expense.... :-) :mo money:

Heheheh... we LOVE you Guys!

How many Forums, particularly amongst their Purists, would go absolutely NUTS over a frick'n 'Gun-jack' like this one? However, we seriously doubt there'll even be a murmur on ours.

And you gotta love The Pucster, who darnsure doesn't need a Gun Safe. HE needs a Vault at a High Security Stronghold akin to Fort Knox! Thank Gawd he didn't NAME each weapon! Uh... Puc? You haven't, have ya?~

How many times have we seen Newcomers mention how awesome our Forum is, compared to other sites? Here's another perfect example why. Long live Don!

Rgds, WRIDR

Just to add a bit of irony to the thread.

I do have a .22 Daisy rifle. It's .22lr rim fire though.

The Daisy Legacy bolt action .22lr

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114893

Much fun and an accurate little stick!

Actually Daisy made another 22 that wasn't a rim fire, and it didn't rely on air to propel the bullet.. Interesting huh?? It ran on solid propellant. The ignition was the heat generated by compressed air thru a very tiny hole Probably one about the same size as the expansion hole in the Venture clutch/brake reserve... There it's official. There's something in this thread about a Venture,, but I digress. We did a test on a piece of oak. The solid out penetrated the long rifle by 50%.. In the early 60,s Daisy came out with a few 'different' types. Another was a accuracy set. The rifle was a BB and came with out sights. It was intended to develop your shooting instinques by seeing the flight of the BB as it hit a penny tossed in the air. It worked, and I still use it..

Here's a video on the Daisy V/L 22.... How ever I disagree with some of the dates mentioned...

Actually Daisy made another 22 that wasn't a rim fire, and it didn't rely on air to propel the bullet.. Interesting huh?? It ran on solid propellant. The ignition was the heat generated by compressed air thru a very tiny hole Probably one about the same size as the expansion hole in the Venture clutch/brake reserve... There it's official. There's something in this thread about a Venture,, but I digress. We did a test on a piece of oak. The solid out penetrated the long rifle by 50%.. In the early 60,s Daisy came out with a few 'different' types. Another was a accuracy set. The rifle was a BB and came with out sights. It was intended to develop your shooting instinques by seeing the flight of the BB as it hit a penny tossed in the air. It worked, and I still use it..

Here's a video on the Daisy V/L 22.... How ever I disagree with some of the dates mentioned...

Many many years ago I owned, hunted with and protected myself from burglers with a wooden stocked/fore armed (real early model) 760 Crosman pump up like Unc mentioned in his thesis. That early childhood weapon also served as my weapon of choice (other than a jack-knife and a couple homemade spears - it was the ONLY other choice I had) when heading out for weekend manuevers that, at times, included area "BB gun" skirmishes with my buddies. Down the gravel road that one of my best friends lived on was an abandoned two story farm house still mostly intact (no widow's - doors or the like though - in later life, I used to ride up and down the stairs inside this old house on my dirt bike,, but I digress) as well as a few out buildings that we used A LOT for testing our skills in Military tactics.

I found that by filling the barrel on my 760 about half full with BB's and adding 15 pumps my 760 did pretty well as a scatter gun (this was wayyy before aquiring my first actual Crosman Shot Gun - ever heard of those guys?). During that time frame, our childhood "Militia" also somehow discovered that by filling the south end of a Pellet with Vick's Vapor Rub (hated that stuff) - our pellet rifles would have a distinct "POW" at discharge, gave a really cool puff of smoke and,, this is TRUE,, increased the velocity of the pellet considerably (I actually peeled the skin on a friends trigger finger from his finger nail all the way back to the second knuckle once with one of these rounds during one of these exploits = REAL NASTY, NOT GOOD!!). You ever try that Jack?

Heheheh... we LOVE you Guys!

How many Forums, particularly amongst their Purists, would go absolutely NUTS over a frick'n 'Gun-jack' like this one? However, we seriously doubt there'll even be a murmur on ours.

And you gotta love The Pucster, who darnsure doesn't need a Gun Safe. HE needs a Vault at a High Security Stronghold akin to Fort Knox! Thank Gawd he didn't NAME each weapon! Uh... Puc? You haven't, have ya?~

How many times have we seen Newcomers mention how awesome our Forum is, compared to other sites? Here's another perfect example why. Long live Don! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY BROTHER!!!!!!!!

Rgds, WRIDR

:big-grin-emoticon:,,, noooo,, never did name em,,,, never did put stickers on em either though :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Take that back,, I actually did something somewhat similar to stickerizing my bolt action 30/30 deer killing Savage 340C that my dad bought me for my 14th Birthday years ago. Back when I had my shop I had a native American gentleman come in and ask about getting his Quad repaired (dirty carb from sitting). He said he could not afford my shop labor fee's and was headed out the door when it occurred to me that it was his wife who was producing some really interesting Wood Carving work I had seen in the area.. I asked and he agreed to getting her to do a carving on my beat up old rifle as well as a stock refinish.. I gave him a picture of my the mount of my first buck that was decent enough to pay for a shoulder mount and this is what he returned..

DSCN2042.JPG

DSCN2047.JPG

Many many years ago I owned, hunted with and protected myself from burglers with a wooden stocked/fore armed (real early model) 760 Crosman pump up like Unc mentioned in his thesis. That early childhood weapon also served as my weapon of choice (other than a jack-knife and a couple homemade spears - it was the ONLY other choice I had) when heading out for weekend manuevers that, at times, included area "BB gun" skirmishes with my buddies. Down the gravel road that one of my best friends lived on was an abandoned two story farm house still mostly intact (no widow's - doors or the like though - in later life, I used to ride up and down the stairs inside this old house on my dirt bike,, but I digress) as well as a few out buildings that we used A LOT for testing our skills in Military tactics.

I found that by filling the barrel on my 760 about half full with BB's and adding 15 pumps my 760 did pretty well as a scatter gun (this was wayyy before aquiring my first actual Crosman Shot Gun - ever heard of those guys?). During that time frame, our childhood "Militia" also somehow discovered that by filling the south end of a Pellet with Vick's Vapor Rub (hated that stuff) - our pellet rifles would have a distinct "POW" at discharge, gave a really cool puff of smoke and,, this is TRUE,, increased the velocity of the pellet considerably (I actually peeled the skin on a friends trigger finger from his finger nail all the way back to the second knuckle once with one of these rounds during one of these exploits = REAL NASTY, NOT GOOD!!). You ever try that Jack?

Two things.... I wonder what kind of a pattern that multi-bb 760 had?? And speaking of pumps, I've always wanted a 5mm Sherdan pump. One of the early ones that you could pump up until you couldn't pump it any more. I see them come up in auctions every now and then, but someone else seemed to want them a little more than I did... Even those on eBay are crazy priced way up there...

Two things.... I wonder what kind of a pattern that multi-bb 760 had?? And speaking of pumps, I've always wanted a 5mm Sherdan pump. One of the early ones that you could pump up until you couldn't pump it any more. I see them come up in auctions every now and then, but someone else seemed to want them a little more than I did... Even those on eBay are crazy priced way up there...

Will try to answer your thoughts and then have one :scared: of my own.. On the 760's "pattern" = there wasnt one, at least not that I actually detected from "patterning" like ya would a shotgun. It was more of a spray that worked perfect for making my young buddies dance while they were running away after stinging my leg with their Daisy's.. On the Sheridan = ohhh heck yea brother = LOVED my Sheridan's!! Took MANY squirrel's, more than one rabbit and LOTS of Pigeons with mine! Wayyy good shooters those Sheridans were!!

Made me think of a long gone story here thinking of em.. Had to do a speech in High School speech class, shot a recent kill Pigeon wrapped in some news papers, can of Crisco, couple coffee cans, can of sterno (knew the Teach would boot me if I lit a REAL fire in the classroom) and my Sheridan (not even in a case = things were wayyy different back then) to school. Did an excellent Pigeon Hunt routine showing advanced hunting/gun handling techniques, opened the paper, removed the Pigeon - started pulling meat out of chest cavity (kids started leaving at this point) = showed how to remove meat so no water/washing to clean is necessary for cooking (couple more kids left), lit the sterno - placed in bottom can with vent holes poked thru it, placed other can on top, plopped in the crisco, fried the meat, passed around end result to remaining kids - even teacher tried it and thought it tasted great!! Got an "A"!!

DEFINITELY know those old shooters are valuable - bought/sold em for many years!! Question is, when did Ebay start allowing bb gun sales? I got ousted there with a 1 year off years ago for trying to sell some of Antique BB guns = non-functional but complete!! They were definitely NOT nice about it!! My kids all laughed when it happened and teased me about being a Gun Runner:240:and Tippy used to tease me about being a criminal with one foot out of the big house for violating Ebay interpreted ATF laws :big-grin-emoticon:. I ended up doing all my complete gun sales thru GunBroker after that.

DEFINITELY know those old shooters are valuable - bought/sold em for many years!! Question is, when did Ebay start allowing bb gun sales? I got ousted there with a 1 year off years ago for trying to sell some of Antique BB guns = non-functional but complete!! They were definitely NOT nice about it!! My kids all laughed when it happened and teased me about being a Gun Runnerand Tippy used to tease me about being a criminal with one foot out of the big house for violating Ebay interpreted ATF laws . I ended up doing all my complete gun sales thru GunBroker after that.

I guess they are allowing it now. I did a Google for Sheridan 5mm pellet gun and the second 'hit' was for eBay. Went there and sure enough they had pistols and rifles listed. Blue streaks were kinda pricey.... :mo money: