IGNORED

Rotella T4

I know oil threads can be very divisive and can in extreme cases cause mass hysteria but is anyone else using T4 on their 2nd gen? I've used it and had very good results with all 4 of my other V4's (Honda Magnas)

I know oil threads can be very divisive and can in extreme cases cause mass hysteria but is anyone else using T4 on their 2nd gen? I've used it and had very good results with all 4 of my other V4's (Honda Magnas)

I've been using it in my 2005 RSTD since I bought it in 2009. I'm no expert by any means, but I have to say it's worked well for me.

I use it in my first gen Venture and my Vmax, and have for a long time. The V4s (et al) seem to like it quite well. I also know it's a very popular choice for these bikes and also again on the Vmax forum. One of the upsides is it's so cheap that it's no biggie to change it 2x a year if need be. I have been staying away from synthetics in any engine or Synchro-equipped gearbox that didnt leave the showroom floor with it. Some folks have good luck with it but most of my vehicles are older and over the years I have found upgrading to synthetics is not always a good idea. Last I checked the T4 was the conventional oil version and T5 and T6 are varying degrees of synthetic. I have been a big fan of the T4 conventional for the above reasons.

I also noticed it shifts about right with the conventional oil, in fact when I feel the shifting get a little stiff I know that it's ready for a change, every 2000-2500 or so and good to go.

I had run all 3 of the Rotellas. I personally like the T6. But I have run the T4 in the bike and also the wifes Durango. I have also run it in my V-Twin. I also run the slightly long oil filters that fit. More area means more filtering and more miles between changes if you wish.

I had run all 3 of the Rotellas. I personally like the T6. But I have run the T4 in the bike and also the wifes Durango. I have also run it in my V-Twin. I also run the slightly long oil filters that fit. More area means more filtering and more miles between changes if you wish.

When I looked on the T4 bottle, I didn't see the auto spec such as SN listed. It may do fine in auto engines. I don't know but it doesn't list the spec the manual says is required.