IGNORED

Supporting member / New Bike

Beachbum

So I went ahead and became a supporting member. The reason I found this site is I was looking for a full on touring bike. My wife wants something she can be comfortable in on long rides. We looked at many bikes older and newer. One of the bikes we looked at was a Yamaha Venture Royale that was tucked away in a corner of the dealership. My wife spotted it and we tried it out. She really liked it, and it fit me nicely too. I knew (know) nothing about these bikes, so I checked out this forum. Forum browsing/lurking is what I did with almost all the bikes that were contenders. This forum is by far the best I’ve seen! What really did it for me is how accepting of other makes everyone is. I was able to find mostly unbiased info here for almost all the touring bikes we were looking at. “(Not so much the BMW R1200CLC!Lol) We pulled the trigger on a 91 venture royale with 34k miles. The very one my wife spotted. The bike is getting serviced with new tires and a new kickstand (funny story there) so hopefully we will be able to pick it up next week! Anyways, purpose of this meandering post is to say kudos to all for having a welcoming, informative site!

Looking forwards to many miles, Robert

So I went ahead and became a supporting member. The reason I found this site is I was looking for a full on touring bike. My wife wants something she can be comfortable in on long rides. We looked at many bikes older and newer. One of the bikes we looked at was a Yamaha Venture Royale that was tucked away in a corner of the dealership. My wife spotted it and we tried it out. She really liked it, and it fit me nicely too. I knew (know) nothing about these bikes, so I checked out this forum. Forum browsing/lurking is what I did with almost all the bikes that were contenders. This forum is by far the best I’ve seen! What really did it for me is how accepting of other makes everyone is. I was able to find mostly unbiased info here for almost all the touring bikes we were looking at. “(Not so much the BMW R1200CLC!Lol) We pulled the trigger on a 91 venture royale with 34k miles. The very one my wife spotted. The bike is getting serviced with new tires and a new kickstand (funny story there) so hopefully we will be able to pick it up next week! Anyways, purpose of this meandering post is to say kudos to all for having a welcoming, informative site!

Welcome. And today, I just sent my payment for another year.

Rule #1 already broken. No pics??? :D

And forum is unbiased toward makes, with the exception of Harleys.

There could be tinkering on a decades old bike, but it is hard to match the comfort without spending big $$. It is the most ergonomically correct (for me anyway) and comfortable bike I have owned to date. I might add that these bikes handle much better than they have any business too. As mentioned we'll need to see some pics!

Congrats on the new steed!

I:fatsmiley: loved my 83royal. But I bought a 2001 venture. This site has helped me a lot. If there is a maint day in your reach I recommend you go. There are a lot of cheep fun and you meet people from all over. Have a blast and don't use a map. Fun getting lost I think its relaxing. WELCOME aboard.

Welcome Beachbum to our mostly happy hangout/forum.

I'd better mention real quickly here less I forget myself. The moment I saw your handle it reminded me of a poem I wrote for a lady/beachbum, long story but just sayin in case I get fresh, I'll state now its likely just flash backs..

The 91 is a solid ride very dependable once you go through them and work out minor stuff that members have posted extensively on.

I'll say this about VR we have a library - but prefer you ask a question any question, here there are no stupid questions! The truth is we look forward to a small something going wrong at your expense/ and our combined how-to wrenching then kicks in. Recommend a bottle of ASA by the tool kit for just such debates;)

Not true about Harley's we like them plenty, why just last year I stopped to help one broken down in a parking lot, again!

Let us know how she starts, how you find 5th gear, and how she airs up, and we'll help you spend your weekends...lol

Patch

Welcome from another fairly new member/owner {Gen2}.

I agree with your synopsis of this forum. I belong to a few, and the only other that was as welcoming, active {technical know how} was the MT owners group. Shame I live 'down under' as I love distance riding and would end up visiting a lot of people.

BTW the 'Gen1' may be faster and handle better, BUT! the Gen 2 fits my big ole posterior fine