IGNORED

Most accessories are on the way

Due to a very busy week with the stairlifts, rain, and the bike not being set up the way I want it yet, I haven't even ridden the '18 since getting it home Friday night. As I reported, the lack of the backrest and highway pegs were painful for me.

I am happy to say that most everything I need has been shipped and should start showing up as soon as today. Though not needed immediately, it appears that the Hitchdoc hitch will be the first thing to arrive. It is scheduled for delivery today. Probably the last thing I actually need but will likely get it installed over the weekend.

I got a notification that the Utopia backrest shipped yesterday via 2nd day USPS. So it should get here as early as Saturday. That will be major and I look forward to getting it.

I ended up taking the highway pegs off the '18 and putting them back on the '05 for the new owner. I ordered new ones a couple of days ago and they have shipped but won't get here until probably Wednesday.

Luggage rack has also shipped and should get here around mid-week also. Same goes for the KuryAkyn driver's cup holder. Haven't decided what to so no the passenger cup holder yet.

ROX handlebar risers will probably be here on Monday.

I was going to wait a while on the lower wind deflectors but since I sold the '05 and replenished my piggy bank a bit, I will go ahead and get them ordered today.

The only other thing that I have to decide on is the saddlebag lid protectors. I'm on the fence about them. We'll see.

I've already been talking to Nancy at Ace High Leathers. Will get her to make me a tank big, likely with pocket, but since she has never done any products for the '18, I'm going to have to work with her by making a template and etc. A simple big will be easy but if I decide that I want the bib/tank chap combo, it is going to be more difficult. I've already heard some people report that they are finding paint damage from their knees rubbing the side of the tank though so I'm really leaning towards the big/chap combo.

It's coming along. Just takes time. Luckily there aren't many accessories available for the '18 and it really doesn't need a lot of things so I'm pretty much done.

Don't forget the new horns, side-stand plate (can't use an old one for a new Venture now can ya?), LED lights for the rear, and while you're at it some for the front and side, brake pedal cover, billet shifter, heated passenger grips, navigation system upgrade, tour trunk rack bag, saddlebag liners, NO you're not done yet. Got to keep the economy on a roll there bro!

LOL...it already has LED lights all around. The Transcontinental also comes with the fog lights. The Navigation system is working great but I haven't checked the version. If so, it is a free upgrade.

I have a horn on the way from a member here who is sending it.

Don't care about the heated passenger grips. I don't think. Eileen doesn't like to ride when it gets too cold. Also, to be honest, the '05 had a heated Russell seat and I don't think I used it a single time.

My kickstand pad is Stainless Steel and engraved with VentureRiders on it from the Galena rally I think. It will be fine for the new bike. :)

Billet shifter and brake pedal aren't important to me. Maybe at some point but I'm fine the way it is.

I had the saddle bag and trunk bags for my RSVs and never used them. Just preferred not having them.

Trunk rack bag is a possibility. I have other bags that work fine though.

So it's all good. You are NOT trying to help me save money.

Well, to be honest, this one is different. The Harley and the RSV lended themselves to the chrome bling. This one, not so much. There just isn't a lot of chrome on them and most of the very few accessories being offered by Yamaha are black, not chrome. I decided that I wanted the Yamaha luggage rack and since it is black, I went ahead and ordered the highway pegs and drink holder in black also. It's just going to be a fairly understated look. That's a huge departure for me but I'm thinking I may actually like the change. Maybe I was just ready for something different. Heck, the entire bike is a huge departure, style wise, than the cruiser styling that I've always loved.

The Hitchdoc trailer hitch was just delivered. As with all Hitchdoc's that I have seen, it really looks to be overbuilt but I guess that's better than being underbuilt. It's a good looking hitch and appears that it will be a fairly simple install. Obviously, I will be pulling the saddlebags for the first time. The good news is that I will be able to take some pictures of the process and post our first article in the 2018 tech library. Wish I had time to do it now but have a service call on a stairlift about an hour away and will have to take care of that first. Then I have a stairlift install tomorrow morning and another one Saturday morning. So, unless I feel like doing it when I get home this afternoon, it will have to wait until Sunday.

Don't plan to use it right away but I just hate to have things laying around. Got to get it done.

The Hitchdoc trailer hitch was just delivered. As with all Hitchdoc's that I have seen, it really looks to be overbuilt but I guess that's better than being underbuilt. It's a good looking hitch and appears that it will be a fairly simple install. Obviously, I will be pulling the saddlebags for the first time. The good news is that I will be able to take some pictures of the process and post our first article in the 2018 tech library. Wish I had time to do it now but have a service call on a stairlift about an hour away and will have to take care of that first. Then I have a stairlift install tomorrow morning and another one Saturday morning. So, unless I feel like doing it when I get home this afternoon, it will have to wait until Sunday.

Don't plan to use it right away but I just hate to have things laying around. Got to get it done.

Saddle bags are easy to remove, just four Allen bolts/screws and one electrical harness to unplug.

It looked like they would be. Hitch looks pretty easy also. Just got home and have to get a stairlift ready to install tomorrow morning but I may get the hitch done tonight.

Heck...I probably won't. I want to take my time and take pictures of the process so will probably wait until Tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

Now that is a possibility. Never been a huge fan of pinstriping but this bike looks a little bare with no tank badges or much other trim. I'll really have to think about it though.

i am pretty sure Mike has been doing some diamond cutting for the new Ventures. In my opinion the new models need a little of that plus the pinstriping

I know that he does some Harley jugs but it requires them to be pulled and sent to him. I won't be pulling my jugs. :) I do know that he has done some other things though.

I'm keeping this one fairly basic. Not adding a lot of chrome if any at all. Everything I've ordered for it is black.

• 8 months later...

I went ahead and ordered the highway pegs

I just joined the membership here and my new TC is being put together today so if it's not raining I'll get it tomorrow. I'm ordering the necessities including the hi-way pegs right now so I'm wondering if you have a link to the hi-way pegs you bought ?

Here is what I bought. They are available elsewhere also. Shipment was very slow from this seller. Product is fine but I'll warn you that they don't get tight enough and will turn on the highway bars. I, and many others, have drilled holes and put a set screw in them to prevent them turning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153055009408

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153055067438

I have a pair of Kury like these. They are on their 3rd bike. Im frugal like that. Must have been like 08 when I bought thm for my Vulcan. Then they went on the RSV, and now on the Vic. I will tell you the chrome has been flaking for years now. I pulled them a couple years back and wire wheeled them and painted them. So far so good. They are a comfy peg for sure.