IGNORED

Over she went....

uhfradarwill

I was at a friends house on a 20% grade gravel driveway.

I was backing up to turn around to leave when the bike shifted.

I put my feet down and the left foot hit but my right foot was still a foot off the ground and the bike went slow motion to the ground while I arrested the fall holding the right grip of the bar.

I got it up and rode away with only a minor scuff to the right mirror.

My pride however was shattered!!

Oh well I guess I'll take a .10 MPH crash over a highway one!!

I put my feet down and the left foot hit but my right foot was still a foot off the ground and the bike went slow motion to the ground while I arrested the fall holding the right grip of the bar.

So if you are on a 1989 Venture Royal that means you have been riding around on a 29 year old virgin!!!

Well.... no more!!!!! Welcome to the club!!!!!

Was pushing mine into my garage and lost my balance. Bike dumped over into the garage door frame and shattered the windshield. Had to make a new windshield from scratch. Now I stop in the street, open the garage door, and ride it in. Bikes left parked in the garage are safe from damage, using them is where the crap happens!

zag

Haven't had my turn yet.

However

A few years back, buddies and I had ridden up to the cabin and had parked the bikes out front. We got a campfire going around the back of the cabin and I went out to my bike for some reason and there was my friends 87 Cavalcade laying on it's side.

I leisurely went back to the fire and sat down, then casually mentioned "Mike....your bikes laying on it's side"

He didn't believe me right away, but when I finally convinced him, he went a runnin.

I strolled back over there and he was trying to lift that monster facing it....lol....I let him struggle for a few before telling him to turn around.

We got it stood up....no damage....never could figure why it fell...no evidence that the kickstand dug in.:icon_smile_question

I read a saying the other day: There are those who love bacon, and then there are others, and they're wrong! Somehow I think that kind of works in this scenario as well.

So can we say: There are those who have dropped their scoot...............

Or: There are two kinds of riders, those who have dropped their ride and those that will do that yet?

I was fortunate, in 11 years that I had my venture it never went down with me on it. A few time it went down with me near it, due to very soft ground. One time the ground was so soft that it drove the 5 inch SS plate under the side stand down into the ground far enough to tip while I was not even around.

Linda and I rode together for five years before going to the Miatas and every year I dropped the bike once with her on it. One was life changing as we were in the middle of nowhere on a narrow paved road that is part of the Tweetsie Railroad bed. When the pavement ran out, I was moving very slow and in some fine gravel on the pavement. When I touched my front brake, the tire barely slid, but was enough for us to slowly tip over. We did not get hurt and the bike was fine, but even with Linda's help, it was heavy, and doing it from my back. Got back on the bike and rode home. The next morning I woke up with only partial vision in my right eye. Evidently, 35 years of diabetes and doing the strain thing caused a massive Vitreous hemorrhage in my right eye. I had surgery and then a detached retina with more surgery then more hemorrhage and more surgery and now have no useable vision in that eye.

One year we had a tip over at a gas station and this time I fell on my chest on my right arm. I had x-rays and did not find crack ribs but suffered for months with rib cage pain on my right side.

So, tip overs can hurt more than just your bike.

Randy

Twice on road trips I’ve pulled up at the destination, turned off the bike got off and set it gently on its side. Forgetting the kickstand like a genius! And about that Calvacade, two years ago my buddy and I stopped for pics somewhere in Colorado, a gust of wind kicked up and blew his vtx over!!!