IGNORED

I parted with a beautiful blonde today

stanG

IMG_20180814_193713819_HDR[218].jpg

It is with a heavy heart that I parted with my '83 today. She has been a fine old girl that has taken me some 50k miles including a trip to Galena for the the international in 2014. A young man came by today and took it for a test ride then she was gone! I am sure he will have many miles of enjoyment as did I. He asked why I was selling and I had to be honest with him. If it weren't for orders from headquarters, I would be keeping it. You see... I just can't keep TWO bikes, (her rule, not mine)

So I am proud to announce that I am now the owner of a 2004 Midnight Venture. I've had it for a few weeks now and have put about 1k on it. I'm sure it will be posting about it soon. This forum has already been a great source of information on this fine machine as it was when I got the '83. Pics coming soon!

Oh I am going to be sooo mean here...... Buddy you is going to miss that old girl and wish you kept her.....But then I guess some people just need a slower machine as they age :stickpoke:

Seriously I hope you enjoy your new scoot. Also did you introduce him to VR.

Deepest sympathies to both Ffool, and Stan!

Almost three full years since we watched our beautiful black and grey '09 RSTD roll up the driveway, and we still get visits from her on a regular basis.

Couldn't be helped; at 75 we'd begun having trouble backing her up over a disgustingly thin carpet runner in the garage, so she had to go. At least in these cases, the timing couldn't be much better, with the end of the 2018 riding Season looming darkly in the not-so-distant future.

At least she went to a lovely young couple who were absolutely thrilled with their good fortune. Somehow that isn't much consolation...

Rgds, WRIDR