IGNORED

From land to water

SilvrT

Now that we're done our journey with our 5th wheel and have settled down (we're now in Castlegar, BC .... this is where we had the last Kruis'n the Kootenays rally) ... I've been back and forth in my mind as to whether or not I should get another bike .... or a boat.

Well the boat won out ... picked this up a couple days ago ...

IMG_5054.jpg IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg IMG_5059.jpg IMG_5060.jpg

1981 - 18' Bayliner with Volvo 120 and Volvo leg plus Honda 4-stroke kicker!

Nice! Now we can get the ribbing going between rag hangers ( sail boaters) and stink potters ( power boaters).

Ya ... maybe we should have a forum for boaters so all the ribbing threads won't choke up or take over the bike threads LOL

Ya ... maybe we should have a forum for boaters so all the ribbing threads won't choke up or take over the bike threads LOL

Might be a little tricky backing into the boat landings when pulling with the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love being on the water. I got my first boat when I was about 10. It was a 12 ft clinker built with a 3 horse outboard. I spent a lot of time gunk holing the gulf islands and sleeping on the beach. Got my first sailboat when I moved to Salt Spring island. Enjoyed it for many years. I liked going out in rough weather and conversely ghosting along at 0100 in dead silence with just the stars and phosphorescence streaming off the stern. I hated to sell it but my knees gave out and I couldn't get around on it any more.

Guest divey

Nice Rick. Might be through Castlegar Later this month. If I do I’ll give you a shout. Would be good to see you and Nina again. Doug

Nice work SilvrT. I've been through Castlegar quite a few times on my way to/from Nelson, Fernie, Creston, or someplace, and lived near Invermere for a spell. Did some work in Kimberly WAY back as well.

It would be nearly impossible to fully enjoy the Kootenay region without a boat of some sort. How else to catch some of those monster rainbows haunting the local waters?

Enjoy.

Nice work SilvrT. I've been through Castlegar quite a few times on my way to/from Nelson, Fernie, Creston, or someplace, and lived near Invermere for a spell. Did some work in Kimberly WAY back as well.

I got this boat from a couple up near Invermere.

It would be nearly impossible to fully enjoy the Kootenay region without a boat of some sort. How else to catch some of those monster rainbows haunting the local waters?

Yup, and I can barely wait to catch some as well as Walleye.

Enjoy.

We've held 3 or 4 "Kruis'n the Kootenays" rallys here over the years. Myself and a couple others putting them on mostly in Nelson. Last one was 3 years ago which I organized. We couldn't get into Nelson so we did it here in Castlegar and it worked out great. I believe we had around 54 show up from as far away as SK or maybe even MB as well as California.

I'm thinking of organizing another maybe next year once Nina and I have settled into our own place.

This is what I remember from my dad owning a boat when I was a kid.

screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-1-00-08-am.png

If your liking it GREAT. Have a good time. I just dont have fond memories of, fixing shear pins, running out of gas and paddeling that big ol 14 footer cutty cabin with one paddle. But Oh the action at the boat ramp!!! Priceless.