IGNORED

Ontario Rally Question

ChiefGunner

Wife & I are thinking about coming up to the Ontario Rally. It’s been years since I’ve been to Canada, actually Vancouver. Does anybody know if a passport is required?? It didn’t use to be last time I went up there in the late 80’s but times have changed. Can someone tell me please? Thank you in advance!

Yes, unless you plan on spending the rest of your life in Canada, you do indeed need a passport to get back into the US! There is an alternative, if you have an enhanced driver's license they work as well...

What about a retired military ID?

I'm almost 100% sure that an actual passport is required. Takes some time to get one though so you are probably out of luck attending this one.

But cha don't need no Enhanced License (these work great for the Canadian/US border) or Passport to cross into OHIO to attend the big rally at Don's!!! Be glad to see you and your new bike there Chief!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Being a Canadian currently living\working in the states, i cross that border very frequently.

ID options are:

- passport

- enhanced driver's license in states that have them

- green card (what I use, but always have my passport just in case)

There is an expedited American passport process that is quick, but costs more. I have an American step son that just used it.

Good luck and say hi to Ontario for me :)

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My son got his passport a few weeks ago and needed it quickly for a trip that was already scheduled. He used the expedited service and I think he got his in about 3 days. That's pretty good. Not good enough to cross the border today though. :)

Arriving by land or water you must present one of the following:

Valid Passport – The passport of a Canadian citizen must be valid through the intended duration of their stay in the U.S. (As of January 2016). Citizens of other countries are typically required to present passports that are good for up to 6 months after your intended departure date. If your passport is expired you will most likely be sent for a secondary inspection. Your entry into the U.S. will be at the discretion of the border official.

United States Passport Card

Trusted Traveler Cards – NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST

State or Provincial Issued Enhanced Driver’s License or Enhanced Identification Card – EDL / EIC

U.S. Military ID with orders. Must be traveling on official orders

U.S. citizens may present an unexpired Merchant Marine Document in conjunction with maritime business

Native Americans must have a WHTI compliant document. Some tribes have developed an approved “Enhanced Tribal Card” which is similar to an Enhanced Drivers License and is a valid border crossing document.

U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents can use their permanent resident card (Form I-551) or other valid evidence of permanent residence status.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

But cha don't need no Enhanced License (these work great for the Canadian/US border) or Passport to cross into OHIO to attend the big rally at Don's!!! Be glad to see you and your new bike there Chief!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Puc! I checked into the EDL and it appears they are ONLY issued in the Northrtn states bordering Canada. Not something I can get here in North Carolina, so I’m stuck getting passports. Oh well, won’t make it this year but I’ve been meaning for us to get them anyways. Y’all have a great time and until then, maybe I’ll run into some of you “Varmints” here stateside!

Thanks Puc! I checked into the EDL and it appears they are ONLY issued in the Northrtn states bordering Canada. Not something I can get here in North Carolina, so I’m stuck getting passports. Oh well, won’t make it this year but I’ve been meaning for us to get them anyways. Y’all have a great time and until then, maybe I’ll run into some of you “Varmints” here stateside!

Since you plan to get it anyway. Get er done and expedite if you can. That way if you do get it on time you can still come.