IGNORED

I've been sizing you up!! Pretty cool site for doing exactly that!!

cowpuc

Sometimes a little insite into what its like to be a "Puc" helps in situations like this:

Tip and I have always enjoyed demoing new bikes just for the fun of it.. One of the things I noticed after doing this numerous times is how often she would comment that she didnt care for the "feeling of sitting on a pedestal" that she got from most modern day touring bikes.. She loves the closer to my level of height that our 1st Gens have always offered..

I also know from riding many bikes that have that same effect that there is something to the additional top heaviness that comes with just a couple inches change/difference in what I am talking about.. Fact is, IMHO, the more difference in height between the riders hips and the passengers hips the more prone to top heaviness (especially at speeds below the natural point when the gyro effect of the spinning wheels drops off) becoming an issue..

One of the interesting things found in this link was the ability to actually see/compare the differences in all the bikes in what I am talking about.. I know,, I am weird but I think about stuff like this :big-grin-emoticon:

I go on cycle-ergo fairly regular. With me being an over grown ( 6' 6"), I like to try different bikes and see how triple jointed I need to be to ride them. I tried on a new Gold Wing at a bike show last month. My knees hit the fairing and the pic shows the same.

Out of all the touring bikes, the 2nd Gen fits me best. The lower seat heights are awesome for the vertically challenged, but the foot boards are the same height. So I end up with knees around my ears feeling!

So ya Puc you're right. With the lower driver seat height, but the passenger seat still needs to go on top of the fender. So you get the pedestal effect.

See your mind isn't totally twisted,but I won't tell anybody if you don't. Lol

Sometimes a little insite into what its like to be a "Puc" helps in situations like this:

Tip and I have always enjoyed demoing new bikes just for the fun of it.. One of the things I noticed after doing this numerous times is how often she would comment that she didnt care for the "feeling of sitting on a pedestal" that she got from most modern day touring bikes.. She loves the closer to my level of height that our 1st Gens have always offered..

I also know from riding many bikes that have that same effect that there is something to the additional top heaviness that comes with just a couple inches change/difference in what I am talking about.. Fact is, IMHO, the more difference in height between the riders hips and the passengers hips the more prone to top heaviness (especially at speeds below the natural point when the gyro effect of the spinning wheels drops off) becoming an issue..

One of the interesting things found in this link was the ability to actually see/compare the differences in all the bikes in what I am talking about.. I know,, I am weird but I think about stuff like this :big-grin-emoticon:

If you're weird, I'm weird 'cause I could say exactly the same thing. The only bikes that Miss Right would ride with me on were an old Electra-Glide and the Venture, for the very reason that you mentioned. I had a 1400 Intruder for a little while and she hated it, wouldn't get on it again after a near miss / hard swerve on the freeway at 80 (to miss a Coleman canoe flying through the air at us) she said it felt like sitting on a rolling barstool and she thought she was going to be pitched off. And the handling characteristics of the bike with two up always impressed me, I liked the passenger and I to be sitting close to the same level, definitely impacted the handling of the bike in a positive way but I don't have the education to explain why.

Tim