IGNORED

tach for 06 RSV

Has anybody installed a tach on an RSV. I had a first gen venture before and other bike also and always had a tach. The bike fills bare without one. I guess I'm from old school just have to have a tach. Anyway does anyone have one and can post pictures of it. I've looked in catalogs but just not sure what to get and what it would look like. We don't have to many bike shops here in Canada that carry to many accessories in stock so that I can have a look at one. And where is the best place top install it.

Thank's Al that's exactly the type of picture's I'm looking for. I seen that type in a catalog but it didn't show very well. That the kind I was leaning towards getting is the one that mounts on the master cylinder. Looks great again thanks for your help if you ever come up to Canada look me up

Thank's Al that's exactly the type of picture's I'm looking for. I seen that type in a catalog but it didn't show very well. That the kind I was leaning towards getting is the one that mounts on the master cylinder. Looks great again thanks for your help if you ever come up to Canada look me up
I was going to get one of the reservoir type to, but guess what, they found out that you and me wanted one, and stopped making them.......so much for a tach, as that's the only place you can mount one on an RSV.:crying:

I just bought a Barron tach for NewTRK06 for his birthday this coming Sunday. UPS delivered the package yesterday and Phil couldn't even wait for me to wrap it up, he had it out and the kitchen table when I got home from work last night. So today he was busy mounting his present. Here's what he got and where he mounted it.

I just bought a Barron tach for NewTRK06 for his birthday this coming Sunday. UPS delivered the package yesterday and Phil couldn't even wait for me to wrap it up, he had it out and the kitchen table when I got home from work last night. So today he was busy mounting his present. Here's what he got and where he mounted it.

I really like that one, which one is it and does it come with the mount?

I bought a Drag Specilities tach. It's one of the 1 7/8" models. I paid around $75 for it with shipping I believe. I mounted it inside a bullet cup ($60-65) and then used a Kurykyn "P" clamp as pictured in Rosebud's post. Those clamps cost $20

I also mounted a voltage gauge on the left handlebar with the same bullet cup & clamp.

Larry

I really like that one, which one is it and does it come with the mount?

The Tach is from Barrons - part # BA-7564-01, under $70.00. The mount was not part of the tach - the mount Phil picked up at the local Big Dog dealer is a 1" cable clamp for $12.95.

• 2 years later...

instructions come with the Barons. That said I forgot the instructions and wiring diagram, and with Goose directing/helping, was able to get it hooked up in about 15 minutes at last maintenance day. Just need to pull the gas tank so you can get at the coils and ground. At least on a RSTD where there was no worry about the fairing when running wires.

I've got the Barons Tach that is mounted on the reservoir and I really like it a lot. They DO still make it. They just don't offer it as a package now. They sell the reservoir mount as a separate item.

Tach, question. Are they hard to hook up? Where do you hook in the wires for the tach?

Luigi..??

Tach, question. Are they hard to hook up? Where do you hook in the wires for the tach?

Luigi..??

The site says I expire in 4 days and need to join. When I click on the link it says it is disabled..Please advise.

Thanks,

Luigi

Luigi..??

Not hard. 1 wire to the right front coil. 1 wire to switched 12 volt for the light, 1 wire to ground. Don't need the doubler adapter. Just bend the ends over and push them into existing spade connectors (pull them apart, slide in new wire, push back together) or under the nut for ground..

There's a RSV wiring diagram in the tech section.

Goose may want to comment, but that was all there was to it.

send an email to the moderator Freebird about the join link not working.

The site says I expire in 4 days and need to join. When I click on the link it says it is disabled..Please advise.

Thanks,

Luigi

I just logged in as you and clicked the link and it worked fine. I feel that it must be something in your settings. There is another way that you can do it though. Go to your UserCP and then scroll down until you see "Subscriptions". You can join that way. If you have any problems with that, send me a PM or email.

I bought the KOSO tach/temp gauge. It's a 1 7/8" gauge, with a digital temp gauge in the face. I'm going to try to install a 1 7/8" oil pressure gauge this winter and place them both in the Cassette slot like the triple gauges. They're a bit bigger, but since I only have two gauges, I think I can make it work.

i have the pod that fits on the tank with a tac and volmeter in it that i am going to sellif anyone is looking for one ,,i want to put a set of risers on my bike and cant with the pod on there,if anyone is interested i will post a picture tomorrow

Edited by biker251
one to many commas