IGNORED

Speed story

Venturous Randy

THAT was SOOOOO freakin AWESOME Randy!!!!!!

Of course, being just a normal everyday biker and not being an Air Force guy like you other two varmints (so I dont know much about land speed knots and all that) = my very favorite quote from that awesome vid wasss

THAT was SOOOOO freakin AWESOME Randy!!!!!!

Of course, being just a normal everyday biker and not being an Air Force guy like you other two varmints (so I dont know much about land speed knots and all that) = my very favorite quote from that awesome vid wasss

After watching that Puc:cop: this is for you and that little rocket you're riding!

image.jpg

Edited by The Tooch

After watching that Puc:cop: this is for you and that little rocket you're riding!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111626

:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::mugshot:

You'll probably get a kick out of this little true fireside story Tooch..

A buddy of mine on his Harley and I on Maggie (my R1) were pulling out of a local gas station that is located on a hill top.. There's about 100' of space between where you start going down hill off the hill top and the driveway to the gas station.. In a valiant attempt to show the world that his Harley was faster than my R1 (its an American guy thing :stickpoke::usa::checkeredflag:,,,, at least around here anyway) my buddy left the driveway before I did and I listened to him going thru a couple gears as he headed down the hill... I left the driveway with a blip of the throttle on Maggie and pulled the clutch in as I hit the top of the hill to coast down it (coasting down hills on a bike is a flaw in my character).. When I was about half way down the hill is when I noticed the Police Officer waiting at the bottom of the hill at a traffic light for us :shock3::yikes::doh:.. As we started to turn in front of the waiting officer those cool looking lights on top of his car lit up and started going around... Of course, we both pulled off the side of the road = my buddy on his HD and me on Maggie.. It was when the officer went around my buddy on his HD and pulled in directly behind me that I knew I was probably the focus of his undivided attention..

I stared at the officer in total respect as he glared at my eyes buried in my full faced helmet and reminded me that the hill top was a 35 mph zone.. As continued in asking me about my drivers license I was unhooking my helmet and in the process of removing my helmet.. As my helmet came off my head the officers face went from :bikersmilie::no-no-no: to :scared:,, :scratchchin:,, :think:,, :crackup:in an instant...

After he got beyond the initial shock of seeing a :grandpa: under that helmet he just kept saying = "You TOTALLY surprised me,, I never ever expected this"...

1 year old grandsons calling on Skype - gotta run,, back in a bit....

I responded to his shock at seeing a geezers grey bearded mug pop out from under my full faced helmet with: I know,,, dont make a lot of sense does it? To which he replied with a: "when I saw my radar unit instantly jump to 68 mph I was totally and completely convinced that some young guy was up to no good - I am speechless - this is unreal"..

I told him I was truly sorry for the 68 in a 35 and that what ever his radar unit said I would believe it and I had no reason to doubt its accuracy..

He, still in shock,, interrupted me and, with the purest form of sincerity = asked "why"?? I asked him if he had ever seen the movie "Secondhand Lions".. To my surprise he shook his head yes and stared at me with total interest.. I then told him how Maggie had come to be mine and how, after a whole lifetime of wanting to own one of the worlds fastest production bikes but having a family to worry about and never being willing to accept the risk associated with riding such a creature until now = well,,,, I did it - I bought one so I could cross it off the bucket list... He nodded his head in an understanding way,,, he asked if I still had a Drivers License:confused24:. As I was handing it to him he asked if I had a current Cycle Endorsement too:happy34:.. I openly told him that if any one should have known better than to "blip" the throttle in 1st gear on an R1 up there on that hill top it should of been me cause indeed,, my Cycle Endorsement dated back to the 60's and I had fired enough shots thru the years that I did know better... He took my license in his hand, looked at it,, looked at Maggie and then back at me and smiled.. He said,, I am a biker too and I love riding!! He said - I truthfully could never see myself riding one of those things but,, I get it:bighug:. He said: those things are STUPID fast and stupid fast so fast that a guy could get hurt really really bad on one and in the process injure an innocent bystander if he went over backwards or something... Please do us both a favor and try to keep it down when in area's where people are gathered no matter what (and he looked over at the Harley with my buddy sitting on it) others are trying to intimidate you into doing (chuckling as he said that).. He then walked back to his Cruiser, started it up and drove off.. :backinmyday:

Cut that out!! Fell oughta the chair!!! I can believe that one!! I used to wonder about some of our LEO's out there but after riding with Skid -

I WONDER EVEN MORE!!! :Avatars_Gee_George: I once way back when came upon a Road Check and they were running radar at same. I came out of the turn into the little straight they had the road check set up in between 80 &90 (wasn't looking at speedo too much) got it geared down and got stopped without running over Officer standing in road. When it was all over and he had told me his radar said 87 he then looked at me and said "I would write you a ticket but that radar must be nuts!! You couldn't have been going that fast!!" I left that scene VERY Slowly......:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

Interesting SR71 story.

After Gaddafi, the leader of Libya had a bar in Germany bombed with some American soldiers inside, President Reagan sent the Air Force to bomb Gaddafi. Gaddifi was trying to build an atomic bomb and was being a general pita. Following the first planes was a SR71 that took photos of the damage. By the time the SR71 got there missiles were being fired at the SR71. Years later in an interview the SR71 pilot said he took that plane to speeds it had never seen before and he outran the missiles. Another interesting tidbit about that bombing raid was that they requested permission to fly over France from England and was denied. So, they had to take the long way around making it a 30 hour flight and having to do mid-air refuels. The pilots took amphetamines so they could function for 30 hours. And they "accidentally" bombed the French Embassy in Tripoli!!!