IGNORED

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!! 2018 Cannon Ball Run = don't miss it if ya got time!!!!

cowpuc

Hot off the press = here is their route plan, dates and times at towns along the path -http://motorcyclecannonball.com/route/ .. Noticing they drop down out of Maine, ride past Freebirds campground in Ohio,, skirt the bottom of Michigan and then across Iowa for a WHOLE DAY lay over at Sturgis.. Unfortunately for the '18 Rally goers this wont happen till mid September BUT - IMHO - WOWZY - this is definitely worth the time to follow or hook up with them on their layover.. A chance to see some AWESOME old scoots and meet some very interesting folks from all around the world.. Yes,, some are high end folks with camera crews, mechanics and all that BUT - there are always a number of normal everyday backyard mechanic types too, lone wolf grease monkey lop eared brother of the wrench varmints - definitely a really really good time!!!

By the way,, check this out,, @Condor, @VentureFar, @CMCOFFEY, @AceHighLeathers , @bikerjohn , Mrs @vicco27 one of their stops is gonna be The Dalles Oregon (some GREAT memories there I tell ya)!!!! Would LOVE to chase em all the way out to Portland = maybe get another shot at some wrench spinnin on another one!!!

It's a LONG way off but I would LOVE to follow em back out to Sturgis SD for the lay over!! A rolling motorcycle museum at its finest with gotta be there wrenchin stops all along the way!!

Kick the tires and lite the fires!!!

DSCN7469.JPG

DSCN7467.JPG

DSCN7454.JPG

DSCN7452.JPG

DSCN7451.JPG

On the 20th-21st I see where they are going to overnight in Kalispell MT. That's where my HD rider Bro lives. I'll have to sent him the link to the rally. Maybe?? Just maybe??? If I feel up to it I might pay him a long overdue visit... :-)

One of my fellow Veteran's Club alumni from my college days rode this bike on the 2014 Cannonball. He had his wife on back the whole trip. That trip was Daytona to Spokane. He had a lot of sponsors to help with costs, parts, etc.

IMG_20150517_093341620.jpg

IMG_20150517_093836572.jpg

Awesome post Puc. I really enjoyed reading about the riders info and history. Didn't have time to read all of them but will before the weekend is over. Is the fellow you lended a hand from your YouTube post running again?

Larry

Not that I am aware of Larry,,, I would LOVE to meet him again = VERY nice fellow to chat with and extremely trusting type of guy to let an has been like me who pulled up on a beat up old venture jump in and try to fix the scoot he was riding..

Puc, did you meet Jim Petty riding a 13 Indian? Looks like him in the last photo of the first post. I have sponsored him in the past but he is not running CannonBall anymore.

:farmer:

Sylv,, for the life of me I cant remember the guys name.. It is my fault too,, he told me what it was but my focus was on that GORGEOUS scoot he was riding.. I will say this,, I do know that he told me who he was and that he did not actually own that old Harley and that he was JUST "the rider" = just :biker::banana:.. This "Cannonball" thing is totally amazing = people from all walks and 100% up my very narrow band, single track life long motorcycle gearheaded alley in every way.. Out there on the CTFW road, old or new,, rich or poor or even what type of scoot we ride = we all become brothers = true members of the Brotherhood of the Open Road..