IGNORED

How many Active/Retired LEO's in the group>

Switch

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to Hijack this...but I just want to tell all our LEO's here, that thank you for what all of you do and have done. I have never got a ticket that I truly didn't deserve and I know why we pay you. I couldn't do what you all do....I'd shoot as many stupid people as I could before I was removed

:whistling:

You're welcome and :crackup:

I put in my ten years and I was K-9 for the last few. If someone could just figure out a way to eliminate all the unbelievably ridiculous politics which seem to surround all aspects of law enforcement, I could almost see myself returning to it again. But, I left it all about eight years ago, and I have to admit it sure is nice to have my nights, weekends, and holidays again. Plus, I have an awesome job now which I still look forward to going to each day, even after six years. Life is pretty good!

All you guys ..., Be Safe!

Pete

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j197/petekadish/ZeusTower1a.jpg

Marilyn and I are both corrections officers too. Does that count? We babysit what you others catch!

2 years 11 months and 7 days to go!

In my book you are. We used to have one correction facility around here that was owned by the DC Govt. We locked up as many correctional officers from there as we did regular bad guys. They shut down eventually. Most CO's though are good honest people and more often than not get breaks. Of course I also give breaks to ER docs and nurses who may one day have to put a catheter in me.

Fifteen years to go and counting. Hours are terrible but the rewards are great. Weekends, holidays (special events) just part of the job, 24/7. It is a job that is worth doing if you crave something different everyday. Many a day you upset an individual by giving a traffic ticket and get complained on and the next you find a lost child or elderly person who wandered away and are the hero.

Love it

Moakster

27 years, 2 months and 17 days as a LEO (that's 9,959 days - but who's counting?) forcibly retired on 20/09/2005 and given a medical discharge at age 54. The last 20 years were spent in forensics. They're still paying me until I turn 60, then I will commute the half a mill sitting in my superannuation fund and invest it for the future and for my 3 kids and their families.

Meanwhile I have been taken on board two and a half days a week by my state Corrections Department, working with community-based offender services. And as luck would have it, my pillion-in-a-million bride of 35 years is my clerical officer, working the same 2.5 days each week. Doesn't get better than that!

Don't have to work, but need to maintain the social intercourse (and pay for the fuel for my 2004 RSV!):rotf:

Guest Coasty

21 years as a CO/LEO in Escambia County Fl.....prior to that in Federal law enforcement (see screen name) 4 years and 8 months till retirement!....But who is counting:322:

That picture was taken during a SWAT Dog training seminar (Winterfest II), in Ogden Utah about 1997. The activity pictured here was learning how to repel from a fire-training tower with your dog. You should have seen the look on my dog's face as I put him in a harness and put him out the window. It was kind of like he was thinking, what did I do to deserve being thrown out of a window? And, believe it or not, I never did have the opportunity to deploy this type of particular training - and my dog was perfectly happy about that. He didn't find this exercise to be nearly as fun as finding drugs or bad guys. However, I thought it was a hoot!

Be Safe! Pete.

When I posted I forgot to mention that my 2 sons ares LEO also. Oldest has 10 years in and is a Homicide dick in Baton Rouge (same dept as me) and the youngest works in the prison for the EBR Sheriffs office in Baton Rouge and has 9 years in. I was lucky to have 2 out of 2 kids turn out good in this day and age.:beer:

Guest Dareman

I did 30 years as a Deputy Sheriff with the Cochise County, Arizona Sherff's Office. My last assignment was as District Commander ( Lt.) I retired from full-time law enforcement in December 2006.

I still hold a reserve status with the Sheriff's Office and work 16 hours a month in Juvenile Drug Court as the law enforcement representative..

I also work full-time as a Bailiff for the Drug Court Judge when we are not in Drug Court on Tuesday and Thursday evenng.

:bobby:

Guest divey
Any chance you know or crossed paths with Jim Scott?

Just wondering. He was a neighbour back when I was living in Winnipeg.

I worked with a Jim (J.R.H.) Scott up in the Arctic for several years. He had spent many years up north but not sure if he was ever in Manitoba. He's retired now living on the west coast.