IGNORED

RIME IS RUNNING OUT!! WNY Regional Rally

bongobobny

Yipes!! The WNY Rally is less than a month away!!! But fear not, there is still time to sign up, but don't put it off any longer!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?125386-Western-NY-Northeast-Regional-Rally-2017!!-August-17-August-20

If you are still on the fence about coming, get off the fence and get on the wagon!! This is quite possibly THE best Venturerider event of the year!! In the next few days, I will outline all of the activities for every day. For those not familiar with the event, it starts Thursday, Aug 17 and goes to the following Saturday night/Sunday morning. Camping is free, and there are a couple of very inexpensive motels literally walking distance from the event. The early bird campers start showing up on Wednesday. There are toilet facilities at the campsite, but no showers but you can sponge bathe using the sinks in the restrooms. There is a refrigerator available to keep your perishables intact (and your beer cold).

There are rides scheduled for every day and a list of alternate activities and places for those that want to do their own thing. Thursday we have a dinner run scheduled. Friday there is a day trip, and in the evening we have our dinner and raffle. This year's Grand prize is valued in excess of $200, and you never know, there may be another prize as well! There will also be a raffle or two, all to help pay for the band on Saturday evening! Friday evening is our theme based music and dancing time. This year's theme is "Patriotic Country!" Saturday morning is the famous Sprague's Maple Farms breakfast run! There is a BBQ dinner scheduled as always and costs a mere $10! Following the dinner is musical entertainment with a live band! Sunday morning is pack it up and clean up day, and anyone wishing to attend Church is more than welcome to join us at Yorkshire Free Methodist Church at 10:30, all are welcome, or if you choose to find your own denomination there are several in town from Catholic to Baptist and non-denominational and others!

So, sign up!!! All are welcome! This year we are also extending our invitation to the local PGR riders and our local American Legion Riders of which I am a member of both.

We really need all who are attending the BBQ to sign up as we really do need an accurate count prior to Friday...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob we had planed to come up for the rally as it would fall on our anniversary . We have to cancel that idea as the wife can't get the week off. We will hope for the best for the other people to have a safe and enjoyable trip to and from the rally.

OK, today I will talk about Wednesday evening and Thursday. As I mentioned above, the first official day of the Rally is Thursday, but that should not stop anyone from being an early bird! In the past, there have always been some campers on Wednesday night, and sometimes we will even have a campfire that evening and music from the sound system the same as we have every night at the rally. The crew will be over there Wednesday later in the afternoon decorating the stage, setting things up, placing the chairs, etc. We will probably have dinner together somewhere. Speaking of which, the old "Hearth" restaurant is now open and running as a Mexican restaurant called the Fiesta Bamba! We have eaten there several times and find it to be very good and very reasonable prices! Unfortunately, they do not serve breakfasts there, but there is an excellent place for breakfast right around the corner from the site called Strawberry Fields.

All right, getting to Thursday. Tee shirts will go on sale that day. There are a limited number available just like last year with an assortment of sizes and cost a mere $10 per shirt. They will be available for the duration of the rally but when they are gone, they are GONE! Tickets for Saturday's BBQ dinner will also go on sale that day, and all tickets MUST be purchased by Friday evening! No ticket, no eats! Now, if there are members that are not planning on getting there before Saturday, drop me a PM with the number of tickets needed and I will front the money and hold the ticket for you. I am aware that there are actually a couple of you that actually participate in the great American pastime of working so I get it if you aren't coming until Friday night or Saturday morning.

There is a Dinner Ride scheduled for Thursday afternoon to the East Eden Tavern with Motorcycle Tom and Frogger as the ride Captains. I'm not positive on this but I believe kickstands up (if you have them) is at 4:30 PM. The ride should take 45 minutes to an hour. This place has excellent food and good prices!! There may be an impromptu local ride after lunch if there is any interest. There will also be a list of local attractions and things to do if anybody is interested in Venturing (pun intended) out on their own. Thursday evening there will be PA music around the campfire where we can all swap stories while we enjoy liquid refreshments, and any munchies you just happen to bring with you. There may be marshmallows available for those who cut themselves a stick from the forest close to the site! The PA shuts down at 11:00.

Hope to see many of you either Wednesday evening or Thursday!!

OK, today I will talk about Wednesday evening and Thursday. As I mentioned above, the first official day of the Rally is Thursday, but that should not stop anyone from being an early bird! In the past, there have always been some campers on Wednesday night, and sometimes we will even have a campfire that evening and music from the sound system the same as we have every night at the rally. The crew will be over there Wednesday later in the afternoon decorating the stage, setting things up, placing the chairs, etc. We will probably have dinner together somewhere. Speaking of which, the old "Hearth" restaurant is now open and running as a Mexican restaurant called the Fiesta Bamba! We have eaten there several times and find it to be very good and very reasonable prices! Unfortunately, they do not serve breakfasts there, but there is an excellent place for breakfast right around the corner from the site called Strawberry Fields.

All right, getting to Thursday. Tee shirts will go on sale that day. There are a limited number available just like last year with an assortment of sizes and cost a mere $10 per shirt. They will be available for the duration of the rally but when they are gone, they are GONE! Tickets for Saturday's BBQ dinner will also go on sale that day, and all tickets MUST be purchased by Friday evening! No ticket, no eats! Now, if there are members that are not planning on getting there before Saturday, drop me a PM with the number of tickets needed and I will front the money and hold the ticket for you. I am aware that there are actually a couple of you that actually participate in the great American pastime of working so I get it if you aren't coming until Friday night or Saturday morning.

There is a Dinner Ride scheduled for Thursday afternoon to the East Eden Tavern with Motorcycle Tom and Frogger as the ride Captains. I'm not positive on this but I believe kickstands up (if you have them) is at 4:30 PM. The ride should take 45 minutes to an hour. This place has excellent food and good prices!! There may be an impromptu local ride after lunch if there is any interest. There will also be a list of local attractions and things to do if anybody is interested in Venturing (pun intended) out on their own. Thursday evening there will be PA music around the campfire where we can all swap stories while we enjoy liquid refreshments, and any munchies you just happen to bring with you. There may be marshmallows available for those who cut themselves a stick from the forest close to the site! The PA shuts down at 11:00.

Hope to see many of you either Wednesday evening or Thursday!!

Bobby...Tommy gave me the ride schedule, it is posted in the thread in the rally section of the forum...

OK, time to talk about Friday, one of the really fun days!! During the daytime, there will be a ride to a place called Rock City!

http://www.rockcitypark.com/home.html

As you can see, there will be a $5.00 per person charge, but we will inquire about a group rate. This is a great place to explore, but be warned, you will be required to walk and possibly some minor climbing but it is not that strenuous exercise. Kickstands up around 10:00, the ride is about 1 hour, Motorcycle Tom is the Ride Captain. Now, there will NOT be a group ride back to the facilities, but getting back is as easy as it gets! Whenever you are ready to leave, simply make a left out of the parking lot onto NY Route 16 North and keep going straight to the Rally site!! The reason for this is not everybody will be ready to leave at the same time, so rather than waiting for everyone, we decided you can leave when you are ready and stop along the way for a lunch somewhere either by yourself or with someone else leaving the same time as you! There are several restaurants along the way back to the Rally site either on Route 16 or close by, especially in Olean, NY which is just a few minutes from Rock City.

At 6:00 there is our Awards dinner with the Theme or "Patriotic Country" at Chanderson's Steak and Seafood!

http://www.chandersons.com/

There will be a menu specific to our group, but you may order off the regular menu as well! The food is great, and the staff loves to see us every year! After the dinner, there will be a Card Raffle to determine who will win the big Grand Prize which this year is worth well over $200.00!! And, you never know, there may even be a second prize as well, keep tuned for details. There will also be a couple of miscellaneous items that will be auctioned off to the highest bidder! So, dress up in your best Country costume and expect to have a great time!!

After dinner, we all return to the campsite for a bonfire and a time of fellowship! I would expect, as is always the custom, someone will offer Hot Sex around the campfire! There will be music (and dancing for those that are so inclined) from 8:00 until 11:00.

We are not sure what we will do between the ride and dinner on Friday afternoon, but I'm sure we will find some fun activity to do!!!

Edited by bongobobny

OK, time to talk about Friday, one of the really fun days!!

At 5:00 there is our Awards dinner with the Theme of "Patriotic Country" at Chanderson's Steak and Seafood!

So, dress up in your best Country costume and expect to have a great time!!

:usa: Stars & Stripes :confused07: :farmer: Country :confused24: :325: Red, White & Blue :think:

Think I might have :lightbulb: :canada:

Well, Dave, I'm REALLY glad you brought that up!!! Yes, the "Country" part certainly refers to the Rural lifestyle as opposed to an Urban dweller! The "Patriotic" part refers to the sense of pride and commitment that comes with living in this great nation that we dwell in! So this year's theme refers to Country style living in our Country!!! So, the appropriate dress could be a Red hat, white tee, and blue jeans and cowboy boots, or bib style overalls and a red, white, and blue handkerchief, of your best rodeo duds carrying a flag, etc.

Be creative and think "God Bless The USA" or for Canadians show your pride in your Great Country as well!! We do indeed respect Canada as a great free Nation as well, it is just that the event is being held on U.S. soil so we are catering to the United States so we will be playing the Star Spangled Banner but not "Oh, Canada" but if I would have thought of this before now I would have included it as well on the evening soundtrack. The soundtrack is already made up and I would have to remake the entire thing and the original took two days to compile...

The bottom line is that by Country we intend it to be the Lifestyle and in this Country being patriotic tends to go hand in hand, and what this Nation of ours needs is to get back to loving it!

Once again, thanks for asking David!!!

Let's see? I do believe the international convention, in these matters, amongst friendly foreign nations, is for the host nation to play the guest nations national anthem 1st and then the host nation to play theirs.

BUT.....this is about being Patriotic......might be interesting to see what would happen if the Canucks all stood up 1st, this being the 150th year of our nations confederation and sang O'Canada!? Might make some ears bleed?! :shock3:

Of course for a crowd of Canadians to make O'Canada sound good, they must have a least a couple of beers in them 1st, for any chance of it sounding half way decent. (I'm sure Saddlebum & I could kill it...and I do mean KILL it!)

:canada: :group cheers: :canada:

And this being about getting back to loving your nation.......perhaps rather than playing :680: the Star Spangled Banner how about the Yank's try to show the Canucks how it's done!

:usa: :group cheers: :usa:

:sign bring it on:

Well, not sure about the singing part, so I will see if I can download an MP3 of "Oh, Canada" as the last thing we would wish to do would be to offend our fine neighbors to the north!! Either I will save the file to the computer, or see what I can do about transferring the contents of the existing SD card to another one that would have Oh Canada on it first. The only problem is that the computer tends to alphabetize the contents and THAT would REALLY screw it up!!

Good thing that Starfan won't be here this year, nor will the Aussies...

Well, not sure about the singing part, so I will see if I can download an MP3 of "Oh, Canada" as the last thing we would wish to do would be to offend our fine neighbors to the north!! Either I will save the file to the computer, or see what I can do about transferring the contents of the existing SD card to another one that would have Oh Canada on it first. The only problem is that the computer tends to alphabetize the contents and THAT would REALLY screw it up!!

Good thing that Starfan won't be here this year, nor will the Aussies...

Interesting! Don't really know if I've heard Iceland's national anthem?! I'll have to check that out....:cold:

[h=1]Lofsöngur[/h]

OK, now to get back on track of the purpose of this thread, the itinerary!

Saturday is the really, really big show!! The day starts out with the annual breakfast run to Sprague's Maple Farm!

http://spraguesmaplefarms.com/

They serve the best breakfasts around!! If you go away hungry, you ain't human!!! For those that have them, kickstands up around 9:00 ish. It is about an hour's ride!

The afternoon is pretty much a laid back time, we will have DJ music, and fun and games. Now, around 6:00 is when the outdoor BBQ happens! Tickets are $10.00 and MUST be purchased by Friday afternoon! no ticket, no eat! Here's the menu...

Grilled Half Chicken

Corn On The Cob

Macaroni Salad

Fresh Salad

Dinner Roll

We will also be supplying water and pop (soda for you non-Western New Yorkers)

Then, after dinner is the big event, a LIVE Band!! As usual, Hizzoner and the Lawyers (whatever their real name is) will be entertaining us with their live renditions of some great music! They usually start playing around 7:30 and finally quit around 11:00, give or take. They always put on a great show!!

Sunday is the great good bye and clean-up day. Officially the rally is over but everyone is welcome to stick around and socialize if they so desire...