IGNORED

I want a tall vented tinted windsheild

Other than F4 is there a source for taller than stock vented tinted windshields?

i'm on my second F4. I don't think they like the Florida sun. The first was replaced under warranty, for the same issue. I can see in the shield concentric curves of micro cracks radiating out from the bottom of the shield where the screw holes are, and from the holes around the vent opening as well as a series of larger concentric micro cracks in the larger area just under the curved top of the Plastic.

i'm not beating up F4! the shield has been great as far as water shedding, easy to clean, no flex or virbrating at speed. The micro crack or stress lines only can be seen with bright sun light coming thru the glass. No issues at night with street lights or headlights yet.

I was just thinking to try another brand or style.

Edited by baylensman

Clearview as well. 4" wider than stock, OEM height, with vent. Perfect.

I'll add though...using the original screws they will loosen with vibration. The Clearview is a little thicker than the stock shield. Simple solution, a millimeter or two longer screw.

Do NOT use Loctite

I'll add though...using the original screws they will loosen with vibration. The Clearview is a little thicker than the stock shield. Simple solution, a millimeter or two longer screw.

Do NOT use Loctite

Agreed, LOCTite will eat the ABS plastic, I use blue RTV lightly on the threads to keep the windshield screws in place.

What height are people running for the Clearview? I like to look OVER the shield an was shopping the 19.5" GT Medium seems the same as my current 13" SlipStreamer.

Do NOT use Loctite

I put clear nail polish on the screws and let it dry. Acts like a NY-LOC. Did the bag lid screws and the wing nuts under the seat

F4 has a great warranty and you should call us if you are having issues as this is not normal for our shields. 330-968-4644

Other than F4 is there a source for taller than stock vented tinted windshields?

i'm on my second F4. I don't think they like the Florida sun. The first was replaced under warranty, for the same issue. I can see in the shield concentric curves of micro cracks radiating out from the bottom of the shield where the screw holes are, and from the holes around the vent opening as well as a series of larger concentric micro cracks in the larger area just under the curved top of the Plastic.

i'm not beating up F4! the shield has been great as far as water shedding, easy to clean, no flex or virbrating at speed. The micro crack or stress lines only can be seen with bright sun light coming thru the glass. No issues at night with street lights or headlights yet.

I was just thinking to try another brand or style.

• 1 month later...