IGNORED

3+ inch riser on 07 RSV handlebars

MongoE9

Has anyone put 3.5" or larger risers on a 2nd Gen RSV? The 1 1/2" risers just aren't doing it for me. I am not sure how my plan wll work, but I am considering adding some 3.5" or 4.5" risers turned up toward the dash. I know I will need to replace my hoses and wires. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find the extended wires and hoses?

I am 6'5" and want my arms more level instead of going so far down to the grips. I had planned on keeping the stock bars.

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Has anyone put 3.5" or larger risers on a 2nd Gen RSV? The 1 1/2" risers just aren't doing it for me. I am not sure how my plan wll work, but I am considering adding some 3.5" or 4.5" risers turned up toward the dash. I know I will need to replace my hoses and wires. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find the extended wires and hoses?

I am 6'5" and want my arms more level instead of going so far down to the grips. I had planned on keeping the stock bars.

I am considering 1 1/2 inch risers for my 2nd gen if you decide to sell yours. I'm 6' 3" and am not quite where I want to be with the handlebars. I rode an RSTD for over 6 years before I got this bike and loved the bars on it. Not sure how the RSTD bars would work on the RSV...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Going to take some serious figurin. Even with the 1.5" risers they beat the center plastic key cover thing. Also there is issues with the rubber dampeners for the fairing. Lines not such a big deal, I think its Skydoc has extended SS lines. If he is making them or has a supplier they can make them whatever length is needed. I think your best bet is to go with a new set of handle bars.

I am considering 1 1/2 inch risers for my 2nd gen if you decide to sell yours. I'm 6' 3" and am not quite where I want to be with the handlebars. I rode an RSTD for over 6 years before I got this bike and loved the bars on it. Not sure how the RSTD bars would work on the RSV...

The ESTD bars work great. I have them on my 03 and like the way they feel.

My thoughts are that would be awfully long bolts to have to deal with!! I use the 1 1/2' Barons risers with the Flanders bars and find the setup to be very comfortable...

How much rise do the flanders bars provide? Did you need to extend the control wires and hoses? Do you have a pic? Thanks

Adding that much rise ...I would be willing to bet that there is not enough slack in the wiring to move the controls that much. I know on my wifes Honda 750 there was not enough and I hade to splice in the extra wire. You may want to really look at that before you buy anything.

Yes, you need longer hydraulic lines and throttle cables. Here's a link to Flanders Catalog, you will find RSV's specs on page 42...

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/HandlebarCatalog1-28-2011.pdf

Here are JP Cycle's offerings...

http://www.jpcycles.com/2010-yamaha-royal-star-venture-s-xvz1300tfs/handlebars/flanders

And offerings from Phat Performance...

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Handlebars_Risers_s/586700.htm

And Dennis Kirk...

https://www.denniskirk.com/handlebars-and-controls/2009-yamaha-xvz1300tfs-royal-star-venture-s.mmy/1.pg

If you search more, you may find more stuff!! With the Flanders catalog, you may find the exact rise and pullback you are looking for. I sort of remember having to drill a hole in my Flanders bar for a locking pin for one of the controllers or something, no big deal. Sorry, it's been a while since I converted. The main reason most of us switch is that of shoulder or back pain.

If you just go with the 1 1/2" Barons risers you may get away without changing throttle cables or hydraulic lines. The only issue without changing is with the handlebars turned hard over in one direction with the bike running the bike will rev up, but this would never come into effect while actually driving your bike! You can reroute the cables or give them a good yank when remounting the throttle assembly...

Bob, I'm running the 1 1/2 inch Baron's and I have no issues with throttle or brake. The only issue I do have is the bars hitting the plastic ignition surround on the tank. And that only occurs when the bars are hard over...for example, when locked.

[/color]

I put the RSTD bars on my 02 RSMV and love them. Your grip will be outside the slipstream but it is like power steering on the Venture. You will need longer cables for throttle and clutch/brakes.

:farmer: