IGNORED

New windscreen options?

I would like a new windshield for my 83. When looking at used ones are the mk1 and mk2 different in any way or can I use any first gen?

I also found these https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha-XVZ-1200-/-1300-Venture-1983-1993-windshield

Does anybody have experience with these, they seem to be a nice product for a decent price

I ordered that specific windshield, 22" tall, in 2012. A solid product. Good people to deal with. Had an issue installing shield (my problem). They were right on the phone to help out. Shipping was $38.00/US at the time.

I ordered that specific windshield, 22" tall, in 2012. A solid product. Good people to deal with. Had an issue installing shield (my problem). They were right on the phone to help out. Shipping was $38.00/US at the time.

Thanks for your input, shipping to Canada is about $75usd which is about the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger, by the time it gets to me it will be about $225cad with the currency excange. Wish there was a Canadian dealer i could get one from. I like the fact that i can choose a height other than the stock height

Thanks for your input, shipping to Canada is about $75usd which is about the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger, by the time it gets to me it will be about $225cad with the currency excange. Wish there was a Canadian dealer i could get one from. I like the fact that i can choose a height other than the stock height
You might take a look at the Slipstreamer windshield available at fortnine.ca. I have one on my 90 VR and it has worked well.

Well

Grez, there is always the Bongo Bob import service available which will save you a lot of money! Marcarl knows the way down here and there are plenty of tools available for a driveway swap out...

Has anyone ever seen a Venture windsheild with vents in it like I had on my 80 Goldwing with a Wind Jammer? Loved those little vents on a tall windshield!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you have a 1st gen it isn't necessary to install an extra vent. The ones next to the speakers do an adequate job. If you have a 2nd gen it's probably a good idea to put one in.

83 1200T. Good to know. Thanks.

It would be helpful if you took a few minutes and filled out your bike info in your profile then no one has to guess about what you have.

Would that profile be on the website? All I can find on the app is my name and a profile pick. Maybe this is just my Tapatalk profile and not Venture riders one?

DUH! I found it. Some mornings I'm a little more obtuse than others...

• 3 weeks later...

i mounted the Slipstreamer windscreen a couple weeks ago and it has made a world of difference. i had cut down the original screen that was on my bike because it was beyond repair(scratched and foggy). cutting it down so i could see over it made for a lot of air getting to my face, which was fine by me on country backroads and such but i soon realized that it was far too turbulent to ride for any distance at highway speeds. so i decided to spring for a new screen so i could use the bike for which it was intended. it works really well,seems to be well built, I needed to elongate a couple of the mounting holes to make it fit just right but a dremel tool with a small cylindrical stone made quick work of that. it is possible that the front stay of my bike is slightly tweaked from the bike taking a nap here and there over the years, who knows, i generally expect aftermarket parts to need a little massaging from time to time anyhow. overall i would recommend this product to anyone needing a new one and the shipping from Fortnine.ca was only a few days. It also came with my new Progressive springs but thats a story for a different thread ;)

i mounted the Slipstreamer windscreen a couple weeks ago and it has made a world of difference. i had cut down the original screen that was on my bike because it was beyond repair(scratched and foggy). cutting it down so i could see over it made for a lot of air getting to my face, which was fine by me on country backroads and such but i soon realized that it was far too turbulent to ride for any distance at highway speeds.
How short was the old screen? I'm pretty sure the screen on the 90 VR is full height and it is just below the bridge of my nose if I sit up straight so I can see over it. On the 89 VR the screen is about level with my mouth when I'm slightly slouched (my normal position) so it's a lot easier to see over. There is more turbulence with the 89 but not to the point of being the least bit uncomfortable on the highway.

Heard that quite a few have issues with turbulence on the VR but I've never experienced it.

Good chance the frame is tweaked somehow. My 90 has the Slipstreamer and no holes have been relieved. It mounts and dismounts perfectly.

The original screen was 22.5 inches, I was not looking over it and I'm 6'4". I cut about 5.5 inches off the top of that screen, that's when it got turbulent(not surprising), the new one is also 22.5 inches and no turbulence at all, it is great at highway speeds

The original screen was 22.5 inches, I was not looking over it and I'm 6'4". I cut about 5.5 inches off the top of that screen, that's when it got turbulent(not surprising), the new one is also 22.5 inches and no turbulence at all, it is great at highway speeds
Not everyone is built to the same proportions. My legs are as long as my body so if my 6' 3" frame can see over the stock windshield then I'm guessing you may have a shorter body and longer legs. That is why I always measure related to my face which is repeatable for everyone.

There is an attachment that can be bolted to the top edge of a windshield that will manually slide up and down. Might be a good solution for anyone who has a too low shield.

• 2 weeks later...

F4 Customs Sale starting now through July 30th.

Get 20% off any Venture Windshield and a flat rate shipping of $25.00.

F4 Customs the windshield that is made from High Optics Polycarbonate, Sheds Rain, is Optically Perfect, and carries a 4 year limited warranty.

Don't miss out on this great sale. Call 330-968-4644 to take advantage of this sale!

www.f4customs.com

330-968-4644 to place your order and get your discount.attachment.php?attachmentid=107875&d=1480525634attachment.php?attachmentid=107877&d=1480525680