IGNORED

New Honda Rebel 300

camos

In 2014, I worked in SC with a guy who rode a Honda ST1100 (and a Hayabusa!). His wife rode a 250 Honda Rebel. He said they rode to Key West together and on the interstate she held that Rebel wide open at 80mph to keep up most of the way and it did fine.

Looks alot like the Bolt to me.

IMHO = right there with ya RS = also, IMHO = the Bolt was/is a really good shot at the Sporty market.. This new breed Honda starter bike is AWESOME looking and, from what I see in the pics and the little bit of Specs = seems like it oughta be a real good seller!! Be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fun to get a group of a half dozen people - pick up some new Rebels, toss on some cheap saddle bags and head out CTFW for a month or so.. Camping under the stars out in the middle of the Utah mountains with a bunch of lop eared Rebel buddy varmints = be a HOOT!!

GOOD FIND CAMOS = THANKS FOR THE LINK!!

IMHO = right there with ya RS = also, IMHO = the Bolt was/is a really good shot at the Sporty market.. This new breed Honda starter bike is AWESOME looking and, from what I see in the pics and the little bit of Specs = seems like it oughta be a real good seller!! Be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fun to get a group of a half dozen people - pick up some new Rebels, toss on some cheap saddle bags and head out CTFW for a month or so.. Camping under the stars out in the middle of the Utah mountains with a bunch of lop eared Rebel buddy varmints = be a HOOT!!

GOOD FIND CAMOS = THANKS FOR THE LINK!!

I gotta ask what is CTFW- I have seen you post that a few times. My best guess was cruisin the freeway?? But I generally try to avoid the freeway when I can. Never mind figured it out Chasin The Front Wheel.

I think its cool they offer that bike with ABS brakes. My ST1100 had ABS brakes and I loved those. Takes a while to get the nerve to grab a handfull of front brake in the rain the first time, but once you do and you stop, man its tough to beat.

I gotta ask what is CTFW- I have seen you post that a few times. My best guess was cruisin the freeway?? But I generally try to avoid the freeway when I can. Never mind figured it out Chasin The Front Wheel.

I think its cool they offer that bike with ABS brakes. My ST1100 had ABS brakes and I loved those. Takes a while to get the nerve to grab a handfull of front brake in the rain the first time, but once you do and you stop, man its tough to beat.

Hey I did CTFW on that rebel its a fun little bike but. It feels cramped to me so, I was looking at getting different bike so I sold the rebel. That thing would get around 60 mpg I do believe. I prolly put about 200 miles on it total my friend was riding it last summer and fell in love with it. I couldn't get past the crampiness of it. Of course I am 280 and 5'7" tall so I looked a little funny Chasing The Front Wheel on him. But I tell you with me on there on wot I was getting about 75 which they claim 70mph top speed I thought.

PS I could get past the crampiness on the new Rebel. So wait the Rebel just turned the beginner cruise market on its head? Water cooled Rebel!!!! WTH Yamaha?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Edited by snyper316

Speaking about ABS brakes = short but accurate Puc story:

My neighbors wife goes out and buys a brand new Honda Silverwing Scooter.. Things amazing!! 600cc water cooled scoot!! Comes with all the whistles and bells including ABS..

As always, we are gathered around for a usual Fenner Rd Hot Dog roast and we are sampling each other bikes,,, there's Harleys, Hondas, Yams, dirtbikes, mopeds and scooters = even a couple two wheelers from as far away as China..

I climb on the Silver Wing and go scootin down the road..What an amazing piece of machinery that thing is!! IT FLY"S!!!

Got right in front of their house,, all my buddies watching me,, grabbed the clutch lever on the left bar and gave er a good yank to down shift and,,, instantly was reminded that the Silver Wing is an automatic and the clutch lever was actually a brake lever.. I was doing about 70 probably when I found my nose just touching the windshield of the scooter as the back wheel was going "sqwauk - sqwauk - swauk" as the ABS system did its job perfectly to bring the bike to the most amazing INSTANT stop it could without skidding the rear wheel...

After a couple hours of harrassment by my friends who called me everything from loser to rookie to wannabe biker and enduring countless undeserved humiliation - I walked over to the little black Honda scooter and declared it to have the BEST brakes I have ever found on any motorcycle!! :thumbsup: