• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ken8143
Found what we were looking for, it's a 5/8ths cap that taps right into the hole. I'm thinkin a little silicone around the ring, pop it in and your screw heads are nice and sealed up. Any hardware store should have them. Button caps, I think they're called.

Thanks for the great idea. Went to Lowes tonight and found the caps and they fit perfectly. - Ken

Condor....you da man! Fork brace arrived in Swift Current, SK this morning and is already installed. WOW what a difference in the low speed handling AND FRONT braking around town. My Venture felt like my old 82 Wing before...really wobbly and very bad riding 2 up. I took it for a real quick highway spin. Not significant handling differences, but noticeable especially when changing lanes. Thanks.

Condor....you da man! Fork brace arrived in Swift Current, SK this morning and is already installed. WOW what a difference in the low speed handling AND FRONT braking around town. My Venture felt like my old 82 Wing before...really wobbly and very bad riding 2 up. I took it for a real quick highway spin. Not significant handling differences, but noticeable especially when changing lanes. Thanks.

Glad the brace is working for ya BJ. I didn't have any glaring handling problems with the '83, but did notice an improvement in the twisties, and high speed freeway grove tracking that I had with the Avons. :happy34:

Condor, sometimes it seems like I'm the only one that doesn't have beef about wobble or shimmies on my '84. Since rebuilding the tubes, adding the Progressives and installing the Avon Venoms I've been happy as a clam with the handling.

But today it all tightened up a click or two. I got my bike out on the road for the first time since the carb work and adding the brace. I am impressed. I blew through a tank of gas just putting her through the paces. Interstate, highways, backroad twisties, and the twisties again with some attitude. The bike held a line like never before. There was not a doubt it was going to stick to road and give all the control I wanted.

I am pleased. Probably the best money I've spent, at least the smallest amount I've spent, LOL, for an improvement that really made a difference.

Now, for the Mac's! Let's make a little rumble so the damn Gixxers can hear me coming up on them and get out of my way. :rotf::rotf:

You made my day. Thanks again.

Mike

Guest Ken8143

Have to admit I was not sure if the new fork brace would make much difference. Well, went on a weekend ride to W Va this weekend. It handled well in the twisties - much better than before. I do have new tires - maybe that makes some difference also, but I sure like the way it is now.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack,

Received my brace today, and have it installed, about 20 minutes work - not counting the trip to Canadian Tire for a 6mm hex socket! I had to release the pinch bolt and the front axle, but that was no biggie. Certainly much thicker than the stock brace, I was surprised to see the stock brace was even machined out underneath! I'm looking forward to getting out for a ride this weekend to try it out.

I was a late purchaser, so thanks for having a few extra on hand!

Kevin