IGNORED

non-shrink wire tubing

I went to my local dealer and was told that I cannot buy the black wire tubes that they use on the wiring harness in the factory.

Does anybody know where I can get some in different sizes?

I cannot find it in all my internet searches?

I am not looking for heat shrink tubing or the split loom that is used on most cars.

I want my wireing mods to look like they were done in the factory.

i did a job for a guy last fall and what i did was bought the shrink and put the wire in it and then just didnt shrink it looked like the factory wiring matched nice you dont have to shrink it if you dont want to

I went to my local dealer and was told that I cannot buy the black wire tubes that they use on the wiring harness in the factory.

I am not looking for heat shrink tubing or the split loom that is used on most cars.

how much "split loom", do you need?

what size(inside diameter)?

i have access to ALL sizes, and the price is right!

lol

just jt

I have some 1/4" (about 50') black smooth wire cover. An on line search was unsuccessful. I know the stuff I got was bought through the electrical supplier (Rexal/ESD). If the small size is what you need I will give you some if you email me. Rod

Thanks for the help so far, but what I am looking for does NOT look like this:

http://images.cableorganizer.com/wire_loom/flame-retardant-wireloom.jpg

It looks more like wire insulation, but without the wire in it, but it is big enough to run 2-4 wires thru it...

Look at your factory horn to see what I am refering to, as I dont have a camera handy....

Go to your local NAPA store I believe it is in their PSA cataolg.

I have got it before to use on a job in our repair shop.

One thing I do when I cannot find what I want, usually because I do not know the technical name, I go to McMaster Carr's website. www.mcmaster.com and search there. Look in electrical and see what they have. The min. order would get you there, but it helps to search the internet or talk to a local supplier.:080402gudl_prv:

When the wire harness on my 98 Royal started to get all that funky brown staining I used some flexible braided expandable tubing like in the link below.

It comes in many sizes and colors, you have to be a bit careful how you cut or finish the ends so it does not unravel. You can cut it and then melt the ends with a lighter or you can cut it with a hot knife to melt the end together to keep it from unraveling. The draw back to melting the ends is that it restricts the amount the tubing will expand. I found that if you do not melt the ends you can make it expand enough to go over most of the connectors so you do not have to de-pin them to get them thru the tubing. Where there is a break out ("Y" ) in the harness you can open up a hole in the weave and bring the one leg out. When I did that I took a smaller diamiter piece of the same type of tubing over the small leg and pushed it up into the hole I made in the main harness and then secured it with a small black tyrap in a figure 8 around the "Y", rolling the "head " of the try-rap to the back where it could not be seen. When ever possible I trapped the braid under some type of mechanical clamp, like the turn signal housing or the starter switch housing, that hides any bad ends and helps keep them from unraveling and keeps th etubing in place. Another nice thing is you can stretch it to make it smaller to fit on small harnesses or expand it up to fit larger diameter bundles.

Looked very good when I was done, but I donot have the bike any more and do not have any pictures.

http://www.sjmediasystem.com/cable-management-expandable-cable-tubing.html