IGNORED

Gutter Protector ???

GolfVenture

Hi there, I got some of that mesh to stop stuff getting in the gutters. Cheap enough & fairly easy to install. (I did hire a cherry picker, made the job way easier than from a ladder!) mine's been in for a couple of years now. It works OK at stopping stuff getting into the gutters but what happens is the debris eventually breaks down into small enough pieces that can get thro' the mesh. So you need to get up on the roof & remove the stuff before it breaks down (a leaf blower works pretty well)

I live in an area that has lots of small debris, cedar, hemlock etc. So the product while not bad may work better with large leaves.

I did look at the gutters that have a closed top & the water flows over the top & into an opening on the side. That stuff I'm told works well for larger leaves but isn't too good for small "needles" as they tend to stay with the water & still end up in the gutter.

It all depends on where you live & the type of leaves that are predominant in your area.

Hope that helps.

If anyone has purchased any product that is supposed to keep your gutters clean, would like your experience and opinion of the product.
When I did my renovation about 5 years ago I had what they called a leaf guard installed in the gutters. This consisted of a perforated aluminum plate screwed just inside the top of the gutter. It definitely stops debris from collecting in the gutters. However, debris can still collect on top of this plate.

After this was installed, don't ya know, I saw another version being sold at Costco that looked like a far better design. The Costco version was essentially a little roof over the gutter so debris would be shed while rain would dribble into the gutter. My only question with this design was how effective it would be in a heavy downpour. I suspect in a downpour situation it would likely be a moot point that all the water being shed from the roof needs to go into the gutter.

I did not do a cost comparison but regret not getting the Costco one which I believe will work better than what I have. I still have to clean the gutters but they still work reasonably well in ordinary rain when partially covered.

I HAD some that were purchased at one of the big box stores, they had 1/4" perforations that worked ok till the Maple trees started dropping their little helicopter seeds that stood up in the perforations like little soldiers all along the gutters 😐 it was a HUGE pain in the a$$ , had to physically get up on the roof and pick them out 😠

Nothing on them now, i just get up there with the leaf blower. Speaking of which, i just bought a new Redmax 7500 and am looking forward to using it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have been on a mission the last few years looking for a good rain gutter cover. Tried some mesh ones that hinged on the outer edge of the gutter and were shaped in a convex arc. The problem was the angle where the mesh met the shingles created a pinch point for the debris and it blocked the water from coming down. Found some relatively inexpensive vinyl ones at the local Lowes store that seem to work well. They tuck up under the shingles and are full of holes that let the water in, but seem to stop most of the debris. I believe the key to these things working properly is to keep the slope of the roof line, so that the debris will roll/slide down the roof line and off the roof completely. Many of these products sit level on top of the gutter, creating a collection area for the debris.

That's just my two cents worth.

The only sure fire thing that I have found for keeping stuff out of the gutters is a good chain saw. My house has a dormers so I can stick my head out the window to inspect the gutters. I have not had to clean a gutter in since I bought my chain saw 30 years ago. I know that will not work for everyone, but it worked for me. None of my neighbors have trees close enough to get stuff in my gutters. As a bonus, I do not have to rake leaves in the fall either.