IGNORED

When I woke up this morning ......

Guest divey

...I had no intention of buying another bike. Was checking Kijiji and came across an estate sale locally. 2012 Midnight Venture with 15,500 kms (9,600 miles), original owner with all maintenance records, one year warranty left, some safety chrome and goodies including cover, hitch and wiring and a 2014 diamond plate trailer with the nubbies still on the tires.

Took it for a spin and confirmed everything works as it should. Deceased owners son just posted it up last night and has been inundated with calls, including from the local dealer Manager who wanted to buy it back. As the son lived out of town, I was lucky to catch him here and he offered to show it to me first before showing it to the dealer.

Couldn't not buy it so pulled the trigger at $8500 for everything. I think I did okay. Now I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Keep it and sell my 07 Venture or resell it and keep the 07 or ....???

Pics after I just got it home (don't know why they are upside down) and haven't had a chance to clean it up or really see all the stuff I got with it. Doug

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Freebird

I wouldn't say you bought it....I'd say you STOLE it !!!! I've seen 2013 going for $14,000. A 2012 with a couple thousand km selling at a dealer in Oshawa for just under $16,000. A 2010 in Paris is $10,000.

AND you got a trailer with it !

Depending on the colour of you 2007 I'd lean towards keeping the 2012. You probably have a year warranty left on it (a dealer can tell you the original date of purchase) and is still valid for you. You could sell the 2007 for close to what you paid for the 2012 and have a "newer" bike. And likely the 2012 doesn't have the "whine" that your 2007 might. Strip off the chrome you've added to the 2007 and move whatever is missing on the 2012.

Standard stuff though...check the date on the tires, check for a leaky shock, brake/clutch and coolant fluids.

Is there a manufacturer name on the trailer? Or does anyone recognize the trailer and what would it be worth?

I wouldn't say you bought it....I'd say you STOLE it !!!! I've seen 2013 going for $14,000. A 2012 with a couple thousand km selling at a dealer in Oshawa for just under $16,000. A 2010 in Paris is $10,000.

AND you got a trailer with it !

Depending on the colour of you 2007 I'd lean towards keeping the 2012. You probably have a year warranty left on it (a dealer can tell you the original date of purchase) and is still valid for you. You could sell the 2007 for close to what you paid for the 2012 and have a "newer" bike. And likely the 2012 doesn't have the "whine" that your 2007 might. Strip off the chrome you've added to the 2007 and move whatever is missing on the 2012.

Standard stuff though...check the date on the tires, check for a leaky shock, brake/clutch and coolant fluids.

Is there a manufacturer name on the trailer? Or does anyone recognize the trailer and what would it be worth?

Shock has no signs of leaks, tires are likely originals and still have decent tread but it won't be long before I put new Michelin Commanders on it with the smaller front tire. I suspect original battery and yes the brake and clutch fluids are due for a change. 07 doesn't have much for whine but we'll see.

I believe i seen a similar trailer at trailer USA for 1800...

It's a Marlon, made in Canada with swivel hitch. New they're $1900 without the swivel hitch.

I believe i seen a similar trailer at trailer USA for 1800...

I stand Corrected by the way Beautiful Bike and my Opinion I would keep the Newer one. I can understand being attached to the 07 so I would say keep Both. But I found the trailer if its this model but it looks close for 1495.00 stock.

http://theusatrailerstore.com/lumina-xl-motorcycle-trailer

They are great trailers, I know 'cause I have the exact same one and have pulled it in excess of 50,000 MILES! bought it brand new in '09 for $600 US on ebay. If you are going to keep and use the trailer, I highly recommend checking wheel alignment. When I bought mine I din't bother checking and I wore the tires completely bald in 2000 miles, never noticed the tires wearing until it was too late. Found the wheels 3/4" toe'd out! after I aligned it I haven't had to replace tires again.

BTW, beautiful new RSV!

Holy kapoly and WOWZY kapowzy = now THAT is GORGEOUS Sonshine = endless :ice_congrats-vi6886!!!!!

Hmmm,,, totally get your drift on the perdiciment you done put yourself into youngman,, thats a toughy.. Not a lot of changes thru the years so your 07 should be right on par with the 2012.. One of the things I have noticed is how quickly scoots seem to depreciate these days. Being a newer scoot, with a year of warranty left and super low mileage may mean some elbow room to make some bucks on a resale.. Maybe do a mix and match if the new one has some bling on it you want to switch over onto yours before you moved it.. The trailers is WOWZY = icing on the cake for sure!!:sign Rock On: Just dont wait to long to clean er up, freshen up some fluids and stuff and put her on the market - that warranty is a good sell item but your on the clock of depreciation - IMHO.

How many miles on your 07 Doug? You topped 100k yet? In my line of thinking, 200k and over are where they seem to get more expensive to keep em running and higher probability of road side wrench spinning.. Figure if your 07 has 110k on it, you sold it for 3500 USD (just pulled that number out of my hat to get us to 5000 USD). Kept the 2012 and trailer = 200k for 5 grand is far better than 100k for 3500 - at least in your ol Daddy Cowpuc's line of thinking.. If you dont need the trailer and can resell it = this deal is getting better by the minute brother!!!!!!!:sign Rock On:

Another thing you could do is take some of the savings and check on an extended warranty program.. Not sure if Mom Yam offers such but, I am thinking that Harley Davidson dealers offer an extended warranty that can be applied to any bike 5 years old or newer with less than 75k miles on em.. Might be worth doing a little digging around on - see if you could keep the 12, sell the 07, use any savings you realize on the numbers I shared to purchase a 4 year extended unlimited mileage.. Then take 5 years off work, hit the road - go to far off places like Michigan where endless free Hot Dogs are plentiful and just ride the new 12 till the tires fall off with NO worries about break downs:sign bring it on::sign bring it on::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Ok,, I'll shut up,,, :ice_congrats-vi6886 Doug - she is a BEAUTY!!!!:thumbsup:

Dad

PS - if that 2012 were my new bike I would name her "Bagheera" after the Black Panther in the Jungle Book (one of me and Tippies favorite characters).. I would do this long before we entered that jungle out there we all love so much!!

Holy kapoly and WOWZY kapowzy = now THAT is GORGEOUS Sonshine = endless :ice_congrats-vi6886!!!!!

Hmmm,,, totally get your drift on the perdiciment you done put yourself into youngman,, thats a toughy.. Not a lot of changes thru the years so your 07 should be right on par with the 2012.. One of the things I have noticed is how quickly scoots seem to depreciate these days. Being a newer scoot, with a year of warranty left and super low mileage may mean some elbow room to make some bucks on a resale.. Maybe do a mix and match if the new one has some bling on it you want to switch over onto yours before you moved it.. The trailers is WOWZY = icing on the cake for sure!!:sign Rock On: Just dont wait to long to clean er up, freshen up some fluids and stuff and put her on the market - that warranty is a good sell item but your on the clock of depreciation - IMHO.

How many miles on your 07 Doug? You topped 100k yet? In my line of thinking, 200k and over are where they seem to get more expensive to keep em running and higher probability of road side wrench spinning.. Figure if your 07 has 110k on it, you sold it for 3500 USD (just pulled that number out of my hat to get us to 5000 USD). Kept the 2012 and trailer = 200k for 5 grand is far better than 100k for 3500 - at least in your ol Daddy Cowpuc's line of thinking.. If you dont need the trailer and can resell it = this deal is getting better by the minute brother!!!!!!!:sign Rock On:

Another thing you could do is take some of the savings and check on an extended warranty program.. Not sure if Mom Yam offers such but, I am thinking that Harley Davidson dealers offer an extended warranty that can be applied to any bike 5 years old or newer with less than 75k miles on em.. Might be worth doing a little digging around on - see if you could keep the 12, sell the 07, use any savings you realize on the numbers I shared to purchase a 4 year extended unlimited mileage.. Then take 5 years off work, hit the road - go to far off places like Michigan where endless free Hot Dogs are plentiful and just ride the new 12 till the tires fall off with NO worries about break downs:sign bring it on::sign bring it on::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Ok,, I'll shut up,,, :ice_congrats-vi6886 Doug - she is a BEAUTY!!!!:thumbsup:

Dad

PS - if that 2012 were my new bike I would name her "Bagheera" after the Black Panther in the Jungle Book (one of me and Tippies favorite characters).. I would do this long before we entered that jungle out there we all love so much!!

Wow Dad, you would make a good carnival worker. You know, one of those magician types who plays the shell game. I was trying to keep up with all your suggestions in your post and about three quarters of the way through, you lost me. Didn't know which shell the ball was under, lol!!

Seriously, you have good suggestions. Only problem is (and it's not necessarily a bad problem) is my 07 only has 35,000 kms on it, yes that's 21,000 miles and it is flawless. Don't really plan on needing a trailer so pretty sure I'll end up selling one of them and the trailer.

Definately agree the warranty thing is a good selling point...hmmm. Anyways, thanks for your input and I guess we have to wait till next riding season to see you out west, eh! Doug

Wow, nice find, Doug! Now you have 2 beautiful Ventures. I look forward to seeing it in person.

I look on Kijiji every now and then, wishing I could find another bike to play with, but nothing jumps out saying "buy me".

I'm not sure how Barb would feel about it anyway, so it's probably a good thing that I haven't found a screaming deal like yours.

Dale.

divey so Doug, do we have an update? Did you sell it or?

Still have it, cleaned it up (I remember why I don't like black vehicles!), changed fluids, rode it a bit and put the cover back on it. My 07 has just been such a good machine since day one it would be hard to get rid of it. With all the farkles including new rubber on the 07, I think I'll be selling the 2012. Doug