IGNORED

Carb parts

Whoops, that posted before I finished... Not the larger brackets that hold the left and right carb sets together but rather the smaller brackets that hold the front carbs to rear.... Seems I can't post a picture here from my gazillion dollar phone. I'm also missing the tiny circlips that hold. The choke rod in the linkage (linking left side to right side choke). And one of those tiny white plastic choke rod bushings is damaged.. These parts are not even shown in the boats.net exploded assembly diagram so I doubt I could get them from the stealer. Any other sources/ideas. I'm guessing the circlips are standard hardware...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Whoops, that posted before I finished... Not the larger brackets that hold the left and right carb sets together but rather the smaller brackets that hold the front carbs to rear.... Seems I can't post a picture here from my gazillion dollar phone. I'm also missing the tiny circlips that hold. The choke rod in the linkage (linking left side to right side choke). And one of those tiny white plastic choke rod bushings is damaged.. These parts are not even shown in the boats.net exploded assembly diagram so I doubt I could get them from the stealer. Any other sources/ideas. I'm guessing the circlips are standard hardware...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/2278e588ddb074842aac1647c3035380.jpg

Working on an '86 and found the carbs were reassembled minus a one of the brackets that hold the carb sets together

Awesome idea hobby shop. I need one bracket. Thought about fabbing it but I'm not getting paid for this job..

​Since it's your bike just write yourself a check. That oughta fix that not gettin paid problem!

I'm not sure how close the carb set up is between the '83 and the '86 models but it just occurred to me that, on my carb bank the bracket you are missing is not the same as the one in place. It incorporates a spring retainer for the throttle linkage and has a cut out for the push-pull throttle cable. It may not be that easy to fabricate.

Gary, If you an post a picture of the exact parts you need and are missing, I can look to see if I have them in my box from when I took my 87 carbs apart. I can look tomorrow if I know what I am looking for, but I leave for a week on Tuesday and wont be able to do anything until after I return.

May you can look at other threads that show carb rebuild etc and copy a picture. Using Paint on your computer you can circle the needed part.

Holy smokes, are you sure? Seemed those flat brackets would hold each two carb bank (fore to aft) together and then the side brackets hold the left bank to the right. Parts fische on boats.com doesn't show the plates at all.

Holy smokes, are you sure? Seemed those flat brackets would hold each two carb bank (fore to aft) together and then the side brackets hold the left bank to the right. Parts fische on boats.com doesn't show the plates at all.

Yep. The right bank has a simple rectangular bracket but left side bracket not only racks #2 to #1 but also provides cable guide.

Yamagrl is correct.

Here's a clearer picture of 1983 cabs showing that bracket.

IMG_0886.jpg

And a picture of 1991 carbs shot from a lower angle, showing that bracket in a semi-profile. It is not a simple plate as the right side is.

1991 carbs 1c.jpg

Here is another shot of that bracket. It serves a throttle cable holder as well as joining the carbs. This is from a VMX12. Same as XVZ13/12.

throttlereturnbracket.jpg

Edited by Prairiehammer

Nice, listed as a choke cable bracket!

The price has been lowered. I think I might buy it and put it up for sale on this site for like maybe 50 bucks. Do you know anybody that might need one?:rotfl: