IGNORED

Stop & Go TIRE PLUGGER !!

GeorgeS

I bought one of these items a few years ago. Never used it on the road. So I decided yesterday to try it on an old section of tire, just to see how it would work.

Seem's to work great, just followed detailed instruction sheet.

I took photo's, of the process, might be of Interest to those folks who are pron to haveing flat tires.

Well, the kit does not include any chemicals. The small bottle with the kit just has some 20 wgt oil. Its supposed to help the Plug go thru the small hole in the tool.

--- Anyway the test run went just as advertised in the instruction sheet. Seems to work OK for a Tempory road repair, and with a can of Air, or CO-2 cartrage should get you to the Next Motorcycle shop down the road, for a new tire. !!

--- Seem's to be a pretty good product, and the tools are very high quality.

quite Interesting, that Set.

I think it, without Chemistry, it will hold the the full Airpressure for about 100 Miles. After that the Pressure will drop fast and faster.

Same Procedure is used to repair other than Bike-Tyres with using some Chemistry, it will last for Lifetime of the Tyre.

What i don't understand is why you have to use the Pincer ?

The "Gun" should press the Rubber in at first, then pull it out to sit tight to the inside of the Tyre. No need to use the Pincer ?

that is interesting. Im suprised that they dont use cold vulcanizing fluid on the plug to keep it bolded to the inside rubber. Do they require you to use a drill and if so how do you do that on the road. I think the reamer would work but that would take a little work to get the hole big enough to get the plug in.

When I picked up a nail in the center of my relatively new back tire, I used my Stop-N-Go to keep riding until the new tire arrived. It worked great, the only problem was that every couple of days I had to put a little air in the tire. I probably rode 150 miles, and the air loss wasn't getting any worse.

try this link http://www.stopngo.com/plugger.asp

I've used maney of these types of kits over the years on everything from small vehicles to 18 wheelers (used with vulcanizing cement] and the repairs are usually perminent and reliable. One of my suppliers demos them by ramming them through the side wall of his front tire. that tire had 350 plugs in it by the time he wore it out.

try this link http://www.stopngo.com/plugger.asp

I've used maney of these types of kits over the years on everything from small vehicles to 18 wheelers (used with vulcanizing cement] and the repairs are usually perminent and reliable. One of my suppliers demos them by ramming them through the side wall of his front tire. that tire had 350 plugs in it by the time he wore it out.

I dont think I would go that far. None of the Major tire manufacturers endorse plugging as proper repair. Patching is recomended. I would only use a plug as an emergency and then remove the Tire ASAP

I carry the "Pocket tire plugger w/CO2" with me all the time. Same company. It's on their website. ( http://www.stopngo.com/plugger.asp) (scroll down the homepage ). I bought it at the last Honda Hoot. The vendor demonstrated how it worked, and that sold me. Similar to what George's pictures ( thanks for that, George), but instead of the gun looking thing to insert the plug, it uses a much smaller tool, that uses an allen head screw to force the plug into the tire. The nice thing about it is the very small size of the pouch that everything fits into. 5 in. x 7 in.x 1 in. Small enough to carry in the saddlebag without taking up a lot of room, and includes CO2 cartridges to inflate the tire after plugging. It's a nice kit. I recommend it.

Well it does do what's claimed.

Emergency Repair to get you to the Next Bike shop down the road.

Interesting discusion, now I'm wondering If you could add some chemical sealant to the Plug before inserting it. ??

I will have to play with that idea a little, and see what happens. But I think it might gum up the works.

The hole I drilled in the sample, was 1/8 diameter. The tool did not go thru the hole easy.

I dont think I would go that far. None of the Major tire manufacturers endorse plugging as proper repair. Patching is recomended. I would only use a plug as an emergency and then remove the Tire ASAP

what you say is true, specialy with regards to the side wall, however remember he was proving the quality and reliability of his product. I myself have never had one fail used in the tread area, i still hesitate to use them as a perment fix in the side wall however.

• 6 months later...
I do know the process but It would be great for everyone to see. I own a tire business so if you want me to explain how the chemicals work and fill in few blanks let me know. PM me

Just wanted to throw this little bit of info in here for consideration.

I use to work in a tire warehouse. we sold the Remington brand which is a Dunlop brand.

One of my responsibilities was returning separated tires to the Manufacturer.

It's been a while; but the majority of tires i sorted through had a tire plug in the middle of the separation.

The Information from the manufacturer was that at times the plug would seal the tire keeping the tire from going flat; but, the plug didnt always seal the innerliner which takes the place of a tube in a tubeless tire. This caused air to invade the "bodt" of the tire and balloon up causing the separation. I saw this demonstrated in my observation.

My opinion is to NEVER use a plug as a permanent repair in any tire. Have it removed and patched. If you have to use a plug to get you off of the side of the highway, Have it patched as soon a posible.

My other opinion is that if "I" have to have one repaired, on the bike, for any reason, It is getting replaced ASAP..........

In that case, this plug kit may work well.

What do you think Tartans Terror?