IGNORED

Score!

Sailor

I just got a brand new MotoMaster bike jack at our Rod and Gun garage sale. The box had never been opened. Paid $25.00 for it. I am ready to use it but I thought I would check with the Gurus here as how best to position it under my 02 Venture.

Guest Jamsie

you will need an adapter which will prevent you from squashing your exhaust pipes.

i think carbon one makes them

Guest Jamsie

The reason you need to use something between the lift and the bike, is that the exhausts are lower than the frame . as the lift extends beyond the frame , without something between you would be lifting the bike with the exhausts and not the frame

"I have a gravel driveway."

You need a good sized piece of heavy plywood or some such under the lift to stabilize it. If your gravel is loose I wouldn't use the lift on it at all. got the 99 on a larin lift for the steering bearing snug and front wheel work right now. no adapters, One bar is under the centerstand tabs the other on the floor board mounts, it's making me a bit nervous but I've dealt with worse.. The adapters are great idea, service.

If using hockey pucks it helps to notch one slightly for the left front to avoid the side stand switch. Not mandatory - just helps a little

You know,,, you lop eared varmints really should be nice to,,,, never mind - its pointless..

Good deal.....Motomaster changed the arms on the newer model and they are a bit short. i have both and ended up taking the jack off the newer on and put it on the old model with the longer arms. The newer one has 11 inch arms. You can't go wrong with the adapter but it does need a stable base...maybe a couple of patio stones embedded in the gravel.