IGNORED

Butt Lite 8 - Going to Try it Again - Spotwalla Map to Follow Along

RedRider

ButtLite8 Rally launches Sunday morning at 8am CST and runs through 9 am CST on Saturday July 9. There is a SPOT tracking map displaying all riders route throughout the week. The identification markers are random for security/privacy, but you can get a feel as to where folks are going.

BL8 Spotwalla

Before the beginning of the rally, there is a password required to view. Once the rally starts, the password requirement will be lifted.

Feel free to follow along. It should be a lot of fun.

Wish me luck. Top ten get a no-draw pass into the 2017 Iron Butt Rally. I don't expect to get top 10, but you never know.

Will tell the story of the ride in late July.

RR

I passed tech inspection and all paperwork is in order (insurance and Medjet). Banquet followed by passing out the rally packs is tonight. Fun starts tomorrow morning.

Time for a nap. Won't be much opportunity for excess sleep for the next week.

RR

I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything relating to what the Butt is all about. Sort of a cover page. Is it still a 1000 mile rally, but longer to complete?? Looks like it might be fun but for me info is really lacking... I see a couple of green flags on Spotwalla. RR is that you??

Condor, BL is a multi day long distance scavenger hunt. My current plan is for abt 6200 miles over the next 6 days. The Spotwalla map shows everyone that is allowing their Spot to be shown. We are not allowed to publish our individual Spot tracks while the rally is ongoing. During an Iron Butt Rally some overzealous fan followed one of the riders by following his tracks. Ended up wrecking him. Long story, but individual identifiers are not allowed on maps published to social media.

Day 2 about to start. Ahhhhh, sleep, glorious sleep.

RR

Condor, BL is a multi day long distance scavenger hunt. My current plan is for abt 6200 miles over the next 6 days. The Spotwalla map shows everyone that is allowing their Spot to be shown. We are not allowed to publish our individual Spot tracks while the rally is ongoing. During an Iron Butt Rally some overzealous fan followed one of the riders by following his tracks. Ended up wrecking him. Long story, but individual identifiers are not allowed on maps published to social media.

Day 2 about to start. Ahhhhh, sleep, glorious sleep.

RR

Ahhh! Thanks for that RR. It's all becoming clear now. I gotta take my hat off to you. Your the man. Hope all things go well this time around....

:thumbsup2: