IGNORED

well, you are not going to believe this...

b2dad

Well, you are not going to believe this, but here goes...

As some of you know, we have been having issues with our 5th wheel, which has been our only home since September of last year. We finally dropped it off a couple of weeks ago at Camping World in Robertsdale Alabama to be (hopefully) repaired. We traveled back to Tennessee to stay with our son and his family until the camper was livable again. It is taking longer than expected so as not to be a burden on our loved ones, we rented a house (furnished) to stay in. Now this is the part you won't believe...we have moved back into our old house that we sold last year!!!!

Unbelievable??? Yup!!! The sweet couple that bought it (they are from New York), haven't been able to move in yet, due to his job. Long story. Anyway, our son has been taking care of the house, yard, etc. He told the young couple about our troubles and they offered the house to us, hating the fact that it has sat basically empty all this time. They came to stay a couple times, bringing furniture and some basics but not getting to move in yet. We hated to do this, but at the same time, didn't want to keep imposing on our kids / grandkids (granddaughter gave us her room to use). So we moved back in to our old homestead yesterday.

It was like deja vu, but not...it was our old home, but they had painted several rooms; different furniture, etc. I really thought our dog, Cece, would have been overjoyed at "coming home" but she was very cautious to say the least. She hasn't explored much of the yard yet, not wanting to get out of our sight, I think. We have already done a lot of cleaning, inside and out. It doesn't take long for a home to look neglected when no one is living in it.

However, we are grateful for the opportunity to find a place to stay during this difficult time. We can't wait to be back in our camper and back on the road. We haven't had a chance to travel much yet but that's another whole story.

Patti and Don

Well, you are not going to believe this, but here goes...

As some of you know, we have been having issues with our 5th wheel, which has been our only home since September of last year. We finally dropped it off a couple of weeks ago at Camping World in Robertsdale Alabama to be (hopefully) repaired. We traveled back to Tennessee to stay with our son and his family until the camper was livable again. It is taking longer than expected so as not to be a burden on our loved ones, we rented a house (furnished) to stay in. Now this is the part you won't believe...we have moved back into our old house that we sold last year!!!!

Unbelievable??? Yup!!! The sweet couple that bought it (they are from New York), haven't been able to move in yet, due to his job. Long story. Anyway, our son has been taking care of the house, yard, etc. He told the young couple about our troubles and they offered the house to us, hating the fact that it has sat basically empty all this time. They came to stay a couple times, bringing furniture and some basics but not getting to move in yet. We hated to do this, but at the same time, didn't want to keep imposing on our kids / grandkids (granddaughter gave us her room to use). So we moved back in to our old homestead yesterday.

It was like deja vu, but not...it was our old home, but they had painted several rooms; different furniture, etc. I really thought our dog, Cece, would have been overjoyed at "coming home" but she was very cautious to say the least. She hasn't explored much of the yard yet, not wanting to get out of our sight, I think. We have already done a lot of cleaning, inside and out. It doesn't take long for a home to look neglected when no one is living in it.

However, we are grateful for the opportunity to find a place to stay during this difficult time. We can't wait to be back in our camper and back on the road. We haven't had a chance to travel much yet but that's another whole story.

Patti and Don

So is there going to be another B2 Mom & Pop M & E at the old homestead this year?

Sure do hope that things will turn around for you. It's a real bummer when you get some long range plans and then it all falls apart. Best enjoy what you can while you can and not give the setbacks time to settle in and wreck your life.

We'll keep you in our prayers, so that in time you might still go out and enjoy God's good country.

As much as we would like to have another M & E, it's just not possible to do it right now. No telling how long we will be here and not enough time to plan one. but it was a nice idea!!!

As much as we would like to have another M & E, it's just not possible to do it right now. No telling how long we will be here and not enough time to plan one. but it was a nice idea!!!

I know I was just kinda kidding. I hope all goes well with getting your wheels rolling. When you do we ain't that far from Alabamie, scoot on over here. I'm trying to get something going for the 4th.

I'm curious to know the pros and cons of going from a house to a 5th wheel. Was it a big adjustment? Are you enjoying it?

Wife and I are contemplating selling our place when we decide to retire and buying a class A motorhome and just travelling for a couple years with motorcycle in tow of course.

WOWZY,, that is amazing Patti!! Glad to hear you are both safe and sound and, with a huge THANK YOU to the folks who bought your home, have a place to hang your hat while your rig is being repaired.. There are a LOT of great people out there and it certainly sounds like you and Don were blessed with selling your home to some of the finest!!:thumbsup:

Just amazing!!:thumbsup:

Thoughts and Prayers Up for a quick fix on your 5th Wheel so the two of you can get back at it!!

Puc

I wish we could Mike, eusa1. Time will tell. Your root beer run is always a great event. Anyone in the area should go. If you are NOT in the area, then make plans to go. It is the BEST root beer in the country!!!

I knew you were kidding Dragonslayer! But you don't know how bad we would love to do this. I just don't have the time right now.

Thanks Cowpuc! They are really good kids. I mean, how would you feel buying a house several states away and at the last minute, you can't move in? Well, I guess they could but his employer offered him a huge raise AND a bonus (HUGE) to stay 1 more year and train his replacement. He said at the end of the year, they should have enough money to pay all their bills off, including the house. Pretty tempting, right? Heck! I would have done it!!! To be under 30 and debt free??? Amazing!

Patti

I'm curious to know the pros and cons of going from a house to a 5th wheel. Was it a big adjustment? Are you enjoying it?

Wife and I are contemplating selling our place when we decide to retire and buying a class A motorhome and just travelling for a couple years with motorcycle in tow of course.

WE planned this for 18 months. It really took a lot of planning and things falling into place to pull it off. But it was what we had talked about for years and finally decided to do it. We sold the house because we didn't want the hassle of renting it out nor did we want to leave it empty. Didn't want to burden the kids with the upkeep either. However, oldest son has checked on it every week and done the yardwork (for pay). In the end, since the new owners didn't move in, the house has rundown a little. Not much, but you know what your place looks like when you go on an extended vacation?

We decided on a 5th wheel because of a couple reasons. A Motorhome (that I wanted) was very expensive and just couldn't find a used one that I really wanted to spend thousands of miles in. I didn't want to spend all our money on this. I wanted gas money and FUN money, right? Also, a 5th wheel has a lot more room in it, not to mention a bit more storage. (I know this issue can be debated, but I really like ours). With that being said, we purchased a new one so as to have a WARRANTY. However, remember that this little thing is only as good as your manufacturer / selling dealership. So far, neither of which we have had much luck with. Dealer doesn't care about us and manufacturer is dragging their feet. Trying to get us past that one year of warranty and then they can wipe their hands of us. Keystone is their name, by the way. We've been told they are the worst to deal with. The best? Winnebago.

I still don't regret our decision, at least not yet. We love traveling, just haven't got to do a whole lot yet. If you want a motorhome, at least get a diesel...so much easier getting fuel than trying to find a station to accommodate a large RV that needs GAS. And if you are towing a vehicle, that makes it much worse. There are lot of other pros / cons, but I'm here to tell you that sometimes it's a nightmare trying to find a gas station to accommodate us. ugh!!! Overall we are enjoying it and will enjoy it even better when our home is fixed.

Being back in our old home tho is really a mixed blessing. Although we are very grateful for a place to stay, we have to realize that we are basically just visiting and it is NOT our home or property. You just need to decide if you want to sell your home or keep it. Then find that perfect traveling home...whether its a motorhome, 5th wheel or pull behind. You will probably know it when you walk into it and see it. There are lots of forums for these vehicles. Especially on Facebook. Join a group and read their stuff. You will gain a lot of knowledge! Good luck!!!

Patti

Hi Patti. Sorry to hear about your troubles. After owning a motorhome for a long time, we are selling ours and have bought a new 5th wheel rig. I looked at the Keystone models and read everything about them that I could find on the various forums, and to say the least, I wasn't all that impressed with the Camping World people, so we bought a Cedar Creek.

We will be spending 5 or 6 months out of the year in it and will use it as temporary housing when we start to build in TN.

I wish for you all the best in getting your issues addressed and repaired.

G'day, I hope everything turns out for you guys, I am sure it will.

Some companies have no idea really about Customer Service, it is slightly troubling though that you feel they are trying to get you "past" the warranty period, surely (as is the case over here in NZ) if the trouble happened PRIOR to the warranty period expiry AND you have documented the problem with them, then that problem needs to be resolved by the company no matter how long past the warranty expiry it takes?

Steve

Renting your previously owned house certainly is one of life's strange coincidences. May tend to cause you to second guess your decision to live in a 5th wheel.

I suppose it could make us 2nd guess our decision, but for now, we are still wanting to travel. It certainly has been a bit strange tho!

Hi Steve (Kiwiroyale)! You would think that about the warranty, wouldn't you? Most people would. But I was told, on the phone with Keystone, that if we went past that warranty date and no work had been requested / performed, they could end that warranty. Also, IF any work gets done, Keystone does not EXTEND that warranty. It ends on July 1, no ifs, ands or buts. the only warranty we would be allowed would be by Camping World for the work they do, and it's a 90 day warranty only. The Lemon Law only applies to MOTORIZED vehicles, not a camper being towed. So we can't even get any relief there either. I am basically an optimist so I am still very hopeful that this will all turn out for the good.

Appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. Thank you all very much.

Patti

UPDATE; We heard from our Service Tech today and he was on the phone with Keystone for 3 hrs. They agreed to send 2 new complete living room slides (including furniture and carpet) and walls for the 3rd slide. Not sure when they will arrive, but they will keep me posted. It's a start.

My wife and I recently sold our 36ft travel trailer after two winters in it. We bought it to use as a winter home on our lot in Florida. I was very comfortable with spending 4 months a year in it. However, my wife had her fill of going to the laundromat. So in early April I caved in and looked at a small house in our park and we bought it. Damned expensive washer and dryer. We then sold the lot within an hour after posting it on Facebook and sold the trailer within 48 hours on Craigslist. We're back in Florida for a few weeks "moving" from the trailer into the house. We've found that our trailer had more storage than the 750 sq ft house. Patti our trailer was also built by Keystone so maybe we made a good move. Good luck with your repairs.