Carbtune Usage (A success!)

Guest Dareman

From Morgan's website:http://www.carbtune.com/carbaccs.html

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4 x 1 metre lengths £8

[h=3]Nitrile hoses[/h]

Comes in 1 metre lengths for connecting gauges to carburettors. Will work with any gauges. 5mm id x 8mm od.

This is not a fuel hose and should not be used for a fuel supply.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

move the clamps off the nipple and twist the hoses when they're good and warm. Then replace them. Once they stick they aren't going to seal up very good again. The nipples should be metal in most cases. Just split the the hose on the nipple with a razor knife and pull them off with pliers if they are too stubborn.

Did just over 100 miles today.

Initial MPG is up considerably!

I went from about 34MPG to 40MPG!

This was my 8,000 mile service. I have also increased my tire pressure to 45PSI Rear tire and 40PSI front tire. Stay Tuned!

I really appreciate all of everyone's help. This forum is better than any advise I have been getting from the dealership.

The head mechanic at the dealership told me the carb synch only served to make the bike idle better and little else.

Wait until I see him again! I will surely let him know how off base he was!

I know that is flat out lie for one why do the charge $100 to adjust the carbs......

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

You know it amazes me how some places have ppl that work for them that don't know jack. Prolly why I like motorcycle boneyard places working on my bike and like going to small auto parts stores. You go to AutoZone and they try telling you that you don't need the part but a different one that has nothing to do with what your working on.. I do my best to go in while the ppl who know what they r doing r working just like going to Lowe's...

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Got my Morgan Carbtune with pouch and it was $94 delivered. Used it last week and it makes a big difference....like installing new plugs in place of old fouled out ones for comparison. Once you identify the screws to adjust it's pretty easy. I will probably don't his every oil change. I notice the bike seems to Rev a little higher before wanting to shift, feels tigjter. Sounds better, snoother, just better overall. For the money it's silly not to have one compared to buying some chrome doo dad or other cosmetic piece.

Got my Morgan Carbtune with pouch and it was $94 delivered. Used it last week and it makes a big difference....like installing new plugs in place of old fouled out ones for comparison. Once you identify the screws to adjust it's pretty easy. I will probably don't his every oil change. I notice the bike seems to Rev a little higher before wanting to shift, feels tigjter. Sounds better, snoother, just better overall. For the money it's silly not to have one compared to buying some chrome doo dad or other cosmetic piece.

What? chrome is the reason for motorcycles!!! Its a way for us to show off. If I didn't chrome everything people wouldn't notice how really really good looking I am:rotf:

• 3 months later...