IGNORED

HD pump for shocks

I have an 07 RSV and it did not come with a way to check the shock pressure or pump them up I was at the local HD shop and they had one for the HD on sale. My question is will it work with the RSV?

If it will second stupid question how much should be in there

I have an 07 RSV and it did not come with a way to check the shock pressure or pump them up I was at the local HD shop and they had one for the HD on sale. My question is will it work with the RSV?

If it will second stupid question how much should be in there[/quote

Yes it will work. I bought one off of Amazon for I think around $36.00.

Yes, they are standard pumps.

For the front you'll want the 30psi pump. The front only takes up to 5psi (or is it 7?) so you need something with a fine scale.

The rear shock holds up to around 55psi so you want the 60psi pump for that. If you run less than 30psi in the rear then the 30psi would be fine. Depending on load/trailer you'll want the higher capacity pump.

When you pump up the front....make sure both are at the same psi.

The pump is made by Progressive. HD just sticks their label on it. However, when I was buying one, the HD labelled unit was the same or less than the Progressive. And it was in stock locally. Works great. 7 psi max.

Just a reminder - DO NOT USE A COMPRESSOR ON THE FRONT FORKS!!! IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE REPLACING FORK SEALS IMMEDIATELY.

RR