IGNORED

Rain, IN CALIFORNIA!!!!

GeorgeS

Guess What !!! Its finally Raining in California !!!!!!!!!! Well they need it

And Seattle, 13.5 inches in Jan and Feb 2016, and been raining almost every day since March 1st.

We, in Seattle do not need any more

Not, good weather for rideing ---

Guess What !!! Its finally Raining in California !!!!!!!!!! Well they need it

And Seattle, 13.5 inches in Jan and Feb 2016, and been raining almost every day since March 1st.

We, in Seattle do not need any more

Not, good weather for rideing ---

Lots of wind along with the rain and cannot get much done so guess I'll do some more work on the 83.

No complaining as we really need all the rain and snow we can get.

tru.JPG

The last drought in 74 they dumped all the water out of our local dam getting it ready for the spring run off. Trouble was there wasn't any snow in the Sierras to run off. In '75 we had another dry beginning of the winter and we were really 'up the tree'. Then along came the March Miracle and it rained for the whole month. All was good again. Looks like the Miracle has return. :250::rain2::rain2:

West bound I-80 this morning near Kingvale and Soda Springs 10 miles west of Truckee/Donner.

It's getting there. Back in the late 60's I went through there on the way to Reno and the snow was piled up 16' on both sides and leaving only one lane open.

Seems like every year we go out to Cali we end up having to ride thru lots of smoke.. It wasnt very long ago that the Donnor area was really really bad!! Oregon too,,, couple years ago coming out of Red Wood NP and heading across Oregon was mile after mile of back road, bandana across the nose riding - not a good thing.. Hopefully all that rain/snow will cut way down on this years wild fires... Also be really neat to actually see green grass across Cali instead of that yellow earth.. Dont get me wrong, that yellow field grass is pretty in a way but it always looked wayyyy to vulnerable to fire for my personal liking..

Heyyyyy,, you Cali lop eared's,, @Condor - you will probably know where this is.. Heading north toward the Oregon line - cant remember if it was before "Weed" or after,,,, we rode past a HUGE lake area - thinking it was probably a resevoir or something.. Anyway,, it was a really deep spot on both sides of the road where a lake was suppose to be.. You could tell by looking at it that at one time it was full of water - docks and all that were like 100 feet or better above the area where the water was at the time.. Place was EMPTY of water,, still a few boats playing around wayyyyy down in the bottom of the place where the little bit of water was still seeable.. Question for you guys,, will that area fill back up from run off of one really good year of rain/snow like you are seeing now?

I may have pictures,, will have to see if you guys cant figure out where I am talking about...

I just read from our local University that this has been the wettest winter since '04 when they started the weather research up there. I do not feel like it has been real wet as we have had a lot of good weather. I have motorcycled to work every day since December 1st, I did take two weeks off for the Christmas break, we did have frost in those two weeks. Only one day in there did I get to work soaked through my riding gear. It is a grand total of less than 5 miles to work. The University has also said we have been warmer than usual but they have not released the numbers on that.

Snow...... we have not seen a measureable snow fall in this city for a number of years.... going to say 4 or 5 at least since last time the roads were white here.

OK gotta go out and sweep up the cherry blossoms now

I just read from our local University that this has been the wettest winter since '04 when they started the weather research up there. I do not feel like it has been real wet as we have had a lot of good weather. I have motorcycled to work every day since December 1st, I did take two weeks off for the Christmas break, we did have frost in those two weeks. Only one day in there did I get to work soaked through my riding gear. It is a grand total of less than 5 miles to work. The University has also said we have been warmer than usual but they have not released the numbers on that.

Snow...... we have not seen a measureable snow fall in this city for a number of years.... going to say 4 or 5 at least since last time the roads were white here.

OK gotta go out and sweep up the cherry blossoms now

Man oh man do I LOVE riding the scoot thru blooming Cherry Tree Orchards - intoxicating doesn't even come close to describing the sweet smell of those babies!!

I have to ask..... Why do you not ride in the rain?

If I waited for the roads to be dry I would cut my ride time in half every year, I do live on the Wet Coast. I admit that when it is wet my first choice is the V-Strom not the Venture but I do ride the Venture when it is wet.

I have to ask..... Why do you not ride in the rain?

Why is rain wet? :rain2:

I don't ride in the rain mostly because it messes up my vision, gets my bike dirty from road spray, and generally it's cold (at least this time of year) ... oh, and finally, because I'm a wuss! :bawling: