IGNORED

New (to me) scam? Windows license expired !

aharbi

Thought I've heard them all, (IRS, tech support, etc.) guess not. Did a web search and this one has been around since 2010. The phone call was an EMERGENCY call this time that my Windows License has expired. I played around with him like I was in a panic, didn't know Linux used a Windows license? How could that be? Please explain?, before I asked him what kind of fool did he think he was talking to. He said FU and hung up ;-) Which surprised me, I know their training has tought them to use American names but didn't know it was so extensive in using our superlatives as well :rotf:

I have had a couple. The last one was "from Microsoft" and the nice man was informing me I had serious infections and bugs in my system. I said really which one? He say your home PC, again I said which one? Third time he says your home PC, I repeated myself again. then he says how its going to lock up and all this stuff. I'm like "really" So I ask which OS is he speaking of. Well windows 7 and your severe yada yada. I said well you have me confused with someone else, because my home machine is on XP. Good Day Habib. I got a similar FU.

Don't worry about the call. Most often then not its legitimate bs. Only one person I know who went thru with it. Everything was fine til I ran a health check. Imagine my mock surprise when I watch MalwareBytes number start climbing on infected files found. It was a God damn mess.

-Mobile Posting at its finest