IGNORED

Carbon One Lift

A couple weeks ago I bought a motorcycle lift for my RSV from Carbon One. First I guess because all the bad weather it took a week for him to get my check. Must be bad weather, but the lift arrived when he said it would.

Here are some pictures taken with my crappy phone. I have had the lift for over a week it has either been crappy weather, work, or my loooooooooooong list of honey dos that have kept me from playing with it.

Today's mission was to install it, lift the bike and put it on the legs of the lift and remove the jack.

lift.jpg under lift.jpg Tojo.jpg

First is the bike up, the second is the bike from a better angle, the third is my dog back in side with me saying come on dad stop playing with toys and take me to the field so I can run and play.

Ok just viewed this post, I do not know why the pictures are upside down. I went back to the computer and checked they are upside right on the computer. For you technical people what am I doing wrong.

Ok thanks to the advice of someone here I went back to the photos on my computer and resaved them so they will hopefully be upside right

lift.jpg

under lift.jpg

Tojo.jpg

Edited by Larry1963

Sorry couldn't resist :-) Depending upon the camera depends on the data captured and stored in the pictures Exchangeable image file format (Exif). This may include GPS coordinates, camera make/model, f stops, film speed, shutter speed, and orientation. Most computer picture viewing software will read the exif data and rotate it right side up. However it will not change the orentation saved in the exif data. The picture needs tobe 1) either rotated and then rotated back and resaved or 2) just resaved again depending upon the software being used. The software used on the web just "cares" about size not orentation and will display what is in the exif file. Hope this helps. Photoscape is a free and great Windows picture editing program you might try to size, rotate, crop, enhance, add text, etc.

ps. The exif data is embedded within the picture file, and can not be edited seperatly, for the most part. Some picture editing software will allow it.

Edited by aharbi

Sorry couldn't resist :-) Depending upon the camera depends on the data captured and stored in the pictures Exchangeable image file format (Exif). This may include GPS coordinates, camera make/model, f stops, film speed, shutter speed, and orientation. Most computer picture viewing software will read the exif data and rotate it right side up. However it will not change the orentation saved in the exif data. The picture needs tobe 1) either rotated and then rotated back and resaved or 2) just resaved again depending upon the software being used. The software used on the web just "cares" about size not orentation and will display what is in the exif file. Hope this helps. Photoscape is a free and great Windows picture editing program you might try to size, rotate, crop, enhance, add text, etc.

ps. The exif data is embedded within the picture file, and can not be edited seperatly, for the most part. Some picture editing software will allow it.

I went in and opened with another photo editor and resaved and it fixed it thanks

I have had problems like your talking about Larry and always came to the conclusion that its the world thats upside down - not me!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

That 2nd Gen is GORGEOUS and I LOVE that look on your dogs face!!!!:clap2::dancefool:He has that look of "I agree with Puc,, it's the world that's upside down - now lets go outside and play!!!!!!!!!!!!:Bunny:

By the way Lar,, if I had a bike like that it would DEFINITELY have a name!!:hurts:

That had to be tough getting the lift installed on the left side of the bike. Meaning the bike will be on the kick stand which means it's leaning to the left. Laying down, holding the lift, aligning the lift with the center stand holes while fighting the kick stand then installing rod that attaches the lift to the bike. Much easer if rod is inserted from the right side of the bike. No kick stand to interfere with lifting, aligning then installing attachment rod. Just saying........

That had to be tough getting the lift installed on the left side of the bike. Meaning the bike will be on the kick stand which means it's leaning to the left. Laying down, holding the lift, aligning the lift with the center stand holes while fighting the kick stand then installing rod that attaches the lift to the bike. Much easer if rod is inserted from the right side of the bike. No kick stand to interfere with lifting, aligning then installing attachment rod. Just saying........

The lift stand goes on easy enough. Set it up there and put the pin through, with the bike still on the kickstand. Carbon One recommended that you put a 2x4 under the kickstand so the bike would be standing straight up. But who am I to follow directions. I just put on the lift with the pin provided put the jack where I want it and I grab the right handle bar and pull the bike straight up. and push with my foot the jack under it. My jack has a foot pump so while in that position, my holding the bike up, and jack away. I did not realize how height it was going to raise the bike. But when up in that position extremely stable, no fear of it tipping over. I am happy with this. The only down side I see, when I was looking under the bike, I can tell it hasn't had a good cleaning in a long time.....

I have had problems like your talking about Larry and always came to the conclusion that its the world thats upside down - not me!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

That 2nd Gen is GORGEOUS and I LOVE that look on your dogs face!!!!:clap2::dancefool:He has that look of "I agree with Puc,, it's the world that's upside down - now lets go outside and play!!!!!!!!!!!!:Bunny:

By the way Lar,, if I had a bike like that it would DEFINITELY have a name!!:hurts:

My daughter found the dog shortly after coming home on summer break. When I came home and seen him, I said NO, HELL NO, no more animals in my house. Then she talked my wife into watching it for a week, then a month so she could find a good home. Well He, Tojo, found a good home with me. He is now my little buddy, since I work from home he is with me all the time. I was thinking of getting a side car so he could ride with me and go on trips with me.

When I am not home after dark, he sits by the door and whines till I get home. During the day it is ok, but if it gets dark out, even with others in the house, he waits for me. Not sure what he will do if I have to go on an overnight trip.

He is well behaved and come pretty much house broken, smart and learns quickly. I have a friend that has a big pecan orchard, and usually daily we go out there and play.

I am not a big hunter, any more. However, the guy with the pecan orchard has a squirrel problem, so I go out there and shoot them. It is fun..... As soon as I raise the gun Tojo gets by my side (probably figures I better get by his side or that fat old man may mistake me for a squirrel) and when I shoot he looks for what I should have killed. One day he got a squirrel up in a tree, I shot and shot at that thing with a 12 gage shotgun, it was just to high to kill. The last shot fired, he brought me the wad back and went to the truck is discuss..... Even the dog knows I am a bad shot LOL

@cowpuc

I will start another thread later on bike names. You are correct I do need a name for it everything else I drive has a name, I have a 94 Nissian truck, baby blue, my other bike is Mid Life, wife's Honda CR-V, Wife's care do not touch it, make sure the car port doesn't have a bike in it when she gets home..... LOL

Glad to hear you're happy with the unit. I've got one on the way and can't wait to get that RSV up! Looking forward to being able to get at different areas of the bike as the old knees don't allow the flexibility of earlier days. :beer: :thumbsup2:

You will be happy with it.

The only thing I could add, and not sure if it is even possible. If you could put some casters on the legs so you could move the bike around.

I have the carbon one stand am very happy with it as is. I personally think caster would allow to much movement when working on the bike for me. When I need move mine around I just jack it up a little and move it on the jack. Bike is stable while moving on the jack so no problem for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Let me add one thing, in Carbon One notes he had a warning about leaving the lift part on the bike that pins to the bottom of the bike. I do not have his instructions in front of me but it said something about marking it or flagging it because it is possible to lower the bike and without the legs it is possible to forget this. Well I thought that was stupid, how could someone do that. Well........ I lowered the bike, and then got a phone call, which led to me doing something else, which lead to me doing something else, 4 hours later my wife is headed home, it is raining out so I was going to pull the bike back into the shed..... Well guess what I almost forgot to take off. I am going to get a remove be for ride or some kind of red flag to put on both sides or on the key when lift is installed. I suffer from serve case of CRS.

Let me add one thing, in Carbon One notes he had a warning about leaving the lift part on the bike that pins to the bottom of the bike. I do not have his instructions in front of me but it said something about marking it or flagging it because it is possible to lower the bike and without the legs it is possible to forget this. Well I thought that was stupid, how could someone do that. Well........ I lowered the bike, and then got a phone call, which led to me doing something else, which lead to me doing something else, 4 hours later my wife is headed home, it is raining out so I was going to pull the bike back into the shed..... Well guess what I almost forgot to take off. I am going to get a remove be for ride or some kind of red flag to put on both sides or on the key when lift is installed. I suffer from serve case of CRS.

I have forgotten to take the lift off more than once. However if the rod is inserted from the right side of the bike the rod prevents the kick stand from fully retracting. At that point it's back off the bike to remove the lift. I'm not sure if Carbon One intended it to do this in his design or if it was just an unintended consequence. 😜👍🍻

I appreciate the heads-up regarding the possibility of forgetting to remove unit before riding. It takes me back to my flying days and also gives me a solution. We had many 'Remove before flight' bright red flags to bring attention to crucial items such as pitot tubes, flap/aileron/elevator locks, etc. I plan on using the same attention getters for the lift unit. If I still forget, man I've got bigger problems than I want to admit! Like the idea of casters on the unit but I'm sure that Carbon One had thought of that at some point of production. Easily rectified by using the jack. :2cents: Still praying for sun and dry roads! :thumbsup2:

I appreciate the heads-up regarding the possibility of forgetting to remove unit before riding. It takes me back to my flying days and also gives me a solution. We had many 'Remove before flight' bright red flags to bring attention to crucial items such as pitot tubes, flap/aileron/elevator locks, etc. I plan on using the same attention getters for the lift unit. If I still forget, man I've got bigger problems than I want to admit! Like the idea of casters on the unit but I'm sure that Carbon One had thought of that at some point of production. Easily rectified by using the jack. :2cents: Still praying for sun and dry roads! :thumbsup2:

I was in the Air Force, mainly a F-15 mechanic, hydro and fight controls. We had remove before flight tags on everything. Or red tags on switches. But you would still hear of a jet taking off and the gear would not go up, or the altitude would not read right because some dumbass on the ground forgot to take out the landing gear pin or cover off the side of the jet. Fun times had by all