IGNORED

Windshield?????? what and where

Many of us prefer the Clearview shields. In my opinion, there is not a better shield made. They are NOT cheap though and I think that you have to buy directly from them. They often have "seconds" though that can save you quiet a lot of money and the reports that I've heard are that it is hard to find what makes them a "second".

Rider magazine just did an article on windshields/windscreens. You think Clear Views are expensive. Most of the ones, with comparable options (vent, tint), in the article were $300 and above. I don't think I saw one company that had anything for the RSV either. Granted, they may not have had all of the companies represented but ....

I think some have found replacement shields at JC Whitney:

Show Chrome @ JC Whitney

Looked a couple of other places and all I could find was the Show Chrome. Doesn't mean there's not others out there but ....

I GOT A SHOW CHROME 4" SHORTER AND 5" WIDER GOOD PRICE NOT SURE OFF HOW LONG IT WILL LAST BUT FOR TRIAL AND ERROR ON SIZE GOOD PRICE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Smoke-WINDSHIELD-99-08-Yamaha-1300-Royal-Star-Venture_W0QQitemZ230239842286QQihZ013QQcategoryZ35590QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

how dark is the smoke, if that is the one you have?

Got the shorter show chrome on my bike for the past 3 years and love it. I wish I had gotten the tinted one. It would cut down some of the glear on bright days. I've seen the tinted one and it is not dark at all so there is no problem seeing at night.

If you come to the Va Meet and eat you can see a non-tinted one and I believe that Color01 is going to be there with his tinted one.

• 2 weeks later...
How much wider is the clearview than the stock windshield?

Is it as wide as the showchrome?

I beleive that the show Chrome and Clearview windsheilds are about the same width. But the show chrome only comes in a short windsheild (like I have). If you are looking to reduce wind on the passenger then go with a Clearview.

• 2 weeks later...

I put the 4" lower SHOW CHROME Smoke windshield on my '08 Silver Venture. Both my wife and I think it should be the style and size Yamaha should have engineered on the bike in the first place. I can now look over it, which is a strong preference. Everything is clearer - a safety issue. Cannot notice any wind difference (still goes over my head).

I paid $80.00 on one of the sites recommended in this string.

Totally satisfied.

Tom