IGNORED

Beartooth

Dale124

Returning from Venture West this past summer, Doug Ivey (Divey) and myself were fortunate enough to be able to go over Beartooth Pass. This was an awesome experience, and certainly a highlight of the trip. The views were like nothing I had seen before. The pictures on the summit do not do it justice. I think back to that trip often, and hope to return sometime soon. It's benn a while since I have posted pictures on this site, so hopefully this works.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

We did the Beartooth two years ago early in August. Had rain chasing us out of Yellowstone (we stayed ahead of it until we were part way up the Pass). I can't comment on the scenery because we couldn't see much thru the rain, fog, ice pellets.....was a very cold ride.

Now thats what I'm talking about you rascal!! Flat out BEAUTIFUL Dale:thumbsup:!! You and that side kick of yours sure did it up on that trip, I can certainly appreciate the comment of thinking back on it on a regular basis - places like that are not soon forgotten:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks for sharing and THANKS for the amazing :photographing:'s!!

I've ridden over Beartooth at least 30 times on several different trips out there. The real fun of Beartooth is riding many of the small spur roads that branch off the main highway, some will take you up another 1000 feet or more, they are dirt & gravel so if you are not comfortable on those loose, inclined surfaces stay on the blacktop. I do have the advantage of having a close friend that lives just 15 miles from the pass, he makes a great tour guide, he knows the mountain very well. Also get off the bike and hike along some of the rivers and streams, the back country up there is awesome, but you do need to be careful in some of those areas because one fall could be your last!

The only sure thing up there is that the weather changes by the minute.

My favorite part of the ride is to shut the engine off and coast down in silence, at the speed of gravity :big-grin-emoticon:

I've ridden over Beartooth at least 30 times on several different trips out there. The real fun of Beartooth is riding many of the small spur roads that branch off the main highway, some will take you up another 1000 feet or more, they are dirt & gravel so if you are not comfortable on those loose, inclined surfaces stay on the blacktop. I do have the advantage of having a close friend that lives just 15 miles from the pass, he makes a great tour guide, he knows the mountain very well. Also get off the bike and hike along some of the rivers and streams, the back country up there is awesome, but you do need to be careful in some of those areas because one fall could be your last!

The only sure thing up there is that the weather changes by the minute.

My favorite part of the ride is to shut the engine off and coast down in silence, at the speed of gravity :big-grin-emoticon:

When you shut the engine off, doesnt that affect the power steering:scared: