IGNORED

My POSSIBLE new Avalanche

Freebird

that a 1st Gen Yamaha Venture motor was exactly what he needed cause they are very durable and have the given advantage of being almost twice as fast as the later model 2nd Gen's. Finding a good motor though is never easy because most of those 1st Gen's have found their way into hibernation in an area of the United States known as

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Texas or West by God or California out there in earthshaker country. Might be possible to find one but getting them to part with it he knew he would have to ask Eileen to step in as his trading skills were somewhat rusty

Edited by Yammer Dan

Ahhhh but sadly enough Eileen was up to her normal female antics and only heard half the story, so she immediately went out to look for a motor. Not knowing that it was a special edition of motors that she was looking for, she, in short order made a great deal on something so totally different that.....

that blue suited, white helmeted ticket writer who was now gaining on the high powered Avalanche. Don had some tricks up his sleeve to try to buy some time, he was very familiar with this part of the country seeing as he had ridden it numerous times to get to M&Gs and Rallies. He now headed for the back country where he had almost outrun a Spyder one day, and was doing fairly well indeed until at one sharp curve, riding on two wheels and scraping the new floorboards Eileen noticed...

As the excited officer of the statutes was about to shift, he hit a bump in the road and his foot slipped up over the shifter. As we all have experienced at times, the foot does what it does, and if it's on top of the shifter it pushes down, and so when the said officer went to shift, he, by no fault of his own, shifted into 2nd,,, and being a blue 1st gen, we all know as well, that 2nd is pretty well not existent. But being a man of determination, he was not about to give up and shifted again, this time into 1st, and released the clutch. Much to his amazement and total surprise that little V-4 under his crotch did what it does well, and put the power into reverse,,,, and that brought things to a halt so fast that the rider, although very experienced in riding, was not that fully trained in this style of stopping. Needless to say, things turned for the better for the two love-birds in the Avalanche. Eileen very much outdid herself as she leaned over and....

pulled yet another item out of the hidden compartment where she had found the mysterious sealed envelope earlier in our story. Don's eyes glimpsed over at his lovely wife as she read the note aloud.. Her words resonated within the confines of the Avalanche and a smile appeared on the face of our hero who was busy driving their new rig, she read - Dearest Eileen, the envelope attached to this note contains two round trip airline tickets to Paris where I am planning yet another great vacation for us as far away from these

Eileen broke down in tears,, tears so big they covered her cheeks and ran down one after the other,, she sobbed and wailed,,,,, and now those tickets were history and her beloved Don had thought sooo much of her when he bought,,, but due to her very own actions,, they were back there in the hands of the LEO who was looking not too kindly in the direction of the now distant Avalanche. Don,,,, realizing what had now happened, came up with a genuine idea...

that he KNEW would solve everything. Having clearly recognized the type of motorcycle the Detective was riding and knowing from experience how much all Venture Riders enjoy getting together to brag about their bikes and EATING food - Don wiped his wifes tears away the best he could and told her to hang on - he slid the Avalanche into 4 wheel drive - stomped the accelerator down and headed across the open fields surrounding the road they were on. Stopped at a Walmart, came out with 4 grocery carts full of stuff and a few few minutes later they pulled into the home of friends of theirs.

A mysterious varmint with a big smile answered the door right after Don knocked on it.. "@Squidley its good to see you" Don said as Squid stood there trying to pick a piece of fried chicken from the pearly white piano key's he had just used to dismember some chicken legs.. "Good to see you and Eileen too" came Squids friendly answer.. Then, in his best Texas drawl he said "how comes it looks Eileen's been crying and why do you have all those packages of Hamburger, boxes of Ice Cream and containers of Baked Beans in the back of your new truck?".

Don started to explain to Squid that

he was about to host the biggest M&E that Ventureriders ever saw, and it was about to happen right here! Squidley was wondering just what the boss was REALLY up to as usually the boss made plans well in advance whenever he threw a big shindig. "Well, let's get things set up then" said Squidley. As they began to empty the truck, set up tables and chairs, and fire up the grill there was suddenly a strange noise in the distance. It sounded like...

and the telephone poles turn into nothing but a blur. It wasnt long and the normal sounds of the greater Cleveland area were silenced completely by the sound of 100's of the Yamaha V-4's all rapped up to 6 grand and above. It was obvious that the riders of these best of the best touring scoots had some kind of built in radar when it came to Meeting and Greeting or maybe it was

another sound came to the ears of those already in attendance. Jonas had found a way to mount the Yammi twin V4s on his newly acquired flying machine and had them wound up to full throttle. Not wanting to get lost he had taken along a special navigator named Greta, who was now guiding him by the pulling of ears. Her former plan to use speech had not worked so well, due to all the noise from the un-muffled twins and the fact that Jonas usually don't listen too much anyways, so she found that the pulling of ears was much more effective as Jonas tended to follow his nose, and in this case the dogs were calling, so all was well,,,,, until....

Greta accidently grab a hold of one of the fake pig tails that Jonas's friend Skid had loaned him to use as navigational equipment in case Greta decided she should bail out of the mysterious craft. This caused the twin V-4 1000 horse machine to go into a strange tail spin and also allowed the machine to go inverted on each rotation of the contraption. Every time the fortress went inverted, crankcase oil moved from the case and into the turbo's which induced a lot of smoke from the eight exhaust pipes. Jonas and Greta had recently watched an old movie titled "The Wizard of Oz" which made him instantly think to

that read "dont be skeerd down there, it's not the wicked witch of the west, it's me and Greta looking for clearance on runway 4, I will share some Black Death with you if dont let them lop eared varmint's eat all the food before we land". No one touched the food and all eyes were on Jonas and Greta as Jonas's beloved co-pilot grabbed the pigtail on the other side of his helmet and twisted his opposing ear just enough to

correct to the tail spin after spelling the "on air" message for their friends below. Jonas and Greta accomplished a perfect landing in the landing zone that Squid and the 500 hungry Meet n Greet bikers had carved out in Squid and Lonna's back yard and had just gotten in the chow line when everyone heard the ominous sounds of a 1st Gen off in the distance and saw flashing lights breaking thru the darkness in the distance. Staring at Don and Eileen, everyone at the party knew it was

high time to disguise Don And Eileen,,,,, but how to do that and have it be effective,,,, it seemed to be an almost impossible task. A large conference was immediately called and all interested parties were 'signed' in,,, so that meant everybody there,, and a whole lot of valuable time was wasted on the BS part of the gathering. Thoughts were discussed to color their skin, shave of some hair,,, but in Don's case that was a no-brainer and for Eileen nobody was going there, other thoughts were to change their attire, develop a limp, or maybe get a burka or two,,, but no idea took hold and became the answer. It was then that a humble Canuck came up with an idea that Don should run the Avalanche into town and trade it for a Ford,,,, after all, who would look at somebody driving Ford to think that he would have been piloting an Avalanche so recently. It wasn't long and Don was back with his newly acquired possession, and with the HD ensign all over the back window it had the Yammi rider all in a dither.

The rider smiled and so nah,, not this time,, and the Warden packed my tent poles and gave me some other things to do but I cant remember what those were.. Squid stared at the rider and yelled Danny my boy,, is that you? The rider looked around,:think: his head and said "I'm not Dan" which,, for some strange reason, caused the entire gathering to go into an uproar of laughter. The crowd gathered around and listened closely while eating Black Death and drinking Hot Dogs as the Squid inquired with Yammer Dan about why he had flashing lights on his Blue 1st Gen. Yammer :confused24: and :scratchchin: until a :lightbulb:seemed to come on,,, oh yea, well its like this Squid. I had a bit of rough spring on that gull derned Silver last spring, got to thinking afterwards that I might have to get on a Trike if I wanted to continue touring West By God, counted my nickles and dimes, came up short so I came out of retirement and took a job as a Detective. Got old Blue out, stuck on some lights and then stuck my ol .45 here my side (Squid ducked that rascal Yammer yanked out his trusty rusty side kick to give everybody a quick lesson in good Detectivizing). Been kind of fun too cause earlier I thought I saw Eileen driving Don's new Avalanche so just for kicks I turned on the lights.. She took off and, thinking she wanted to race, the chase was on. Later in the race an envelope flew out of the truck window and landed across my eyes so I could not see, which caused me to lose sight of Don's Avalanche. I went home to have some Fried Chicken for dinner, the Warden noticed the envelope sticking out of my shirt pocket and asked about it. Told her I could not remember where I got it from. She opened the envelope and said "Daniel,, you get right back on that bike and