IGNORED

and the race is on!! Cruds first victory!!

cowpuc

Went for a 15 minute ride on Crud the VMax to get a cigar, turned into a 2 hour trip.. Bumped into a guy on a V-Rod at the gas station,, not sure - may have been one of the early models with the smaller engines, it was black with orangeish red racing stripes on the tank and the same color stripe on the rims (that kinda reminded me of the Harley Sturgis). Had two long pipes - kind of brushed stainless look with black tips.. Anyway, got yacking with the owner, said he ran with a group of guys from Rockford (@Mirider's stomping grounds) - nice guy.. Said he runs with the Suzy m109 (according to him, both their bikes are bone stock - his V-Rod will put a pretty good whoopin on his buddies 109) and they have had many encounters with bikes like Crud and said the old Vmax's always give em a hard time..

Unlike my neighbor with the new V-Rod who I cant convince to race :stickpoke:me (neighbors is solid black) - this guy gladly gave me shot at the title.. Crud did AWESOME - pretty much a steady pull away till the old beater hit 5th - then real bye bye time... This keeps up I will have to change his name from Crud to King Crud..:big-grin-emoticon:

This thing is a HOOT!!!!!

P.S.,, if I were younger and could use my hands again - I really do think I would strip Tweeks of her glass (gotta keep those stickers on the road) and find a way to hide Crud under it:thumbsup:

PS, PS,, ol Pucster could really get into trouble playing with Crud:mugshot:

PS, PS, PS - thinking about an R1 if Crud stops having positive effects on my adrenal system, nothing wrong with changing my RX if I need too:big-grin-emoticon:

Isn't there a big weight difference between a M109 and a vRod?

I'd guess the vRod and vMax weigh about the same tho... yes/no?

Not sure on 109 but I think the Vrod is like 20 pounds heavier than the Max.. If I can ever convince my neighbor to put down his tools (was down there helping him rebuild the turbo on his Semi Truck a little bit ago) maybe I can convince him to take both bikes down to the scales and find out exactly how they compare.

Spent some time down at our local Harley shop given em the :stickpoke: (it's all good,, we're all friends).. Come to find out that VRod was a 2011 Night Rod Special. Those are sharp scoots,, missing a couple cylinders but still sharp:witch_brew:

P.S.,, if I were younger and could use my hands again - I really do think I would strip Tweeks of her glass (gotta keep those stickers on the road) and find a way to hide Crud under it...

It'll slot right in like a replacement engine.

You'd be able to use second gear again too.

Once you get 'er done, I might see about riding down there and we can line 'em up and lay some rubber!

See which hits the finish line first: your Vmax transplant Venture or my VMax converted Venture.

Both 83's too!

:)

I told ya puter been acting up:Avatars_Gee_George: I swear when I went to garage yesterday "Silver" was closer to the door!!

Honestly Dan,, mine do that ALL the time!! Its a good sign that Silvr has been accepted into the Yammer Dan family bro!! When I first got the Helix I would get up in the morning and find it cowering in the corner of the garage like a little coward.. Couple years went by and I would find the little thing snuggled right next to Tweeks.. Now I got this V-Max,, totally square with ya bro,, went into the garage this morning and both Tweeks and the Helix had moved into the corner where the Helix used to run and hide, both backed in - looked like they were staring at Crud with total distrust. And, get this,, there was a little burn out mark under Crud's rear wheel that I KNOW I didnt do..

Bikes are strange critters when it comes to understanding there internal feelings, wants and needs...:confused24:

It'll slot right in like a replacement engine.

You'd be able to use second gear again too.

Once you get 'er done, I might see about riding down there and we can line 'em up and lay some rubber!

See which hits the finish line first: your Vmax transplant Venture or my VMax converted Venture.

Both 83's too!

There is house for sale down the street GW,, we could have soooooooooooooo much fun:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

Taking all of our adVentures to the Max:witch_brew::witch_brew::banana::banana::banana:

Oh, by the way GW, its funny you mention the second gear thingy,, been SOOOO long since I had one - taking my a few days to get use to riding a bike with a 5 speed tranny again - had Crud at 132 yesterday in forth gear, thought to myself - this one does have a little more on top then Tweeks does - then I remembered I had another gear left to play with:big-grin-emoticon:

Yep, the vmax is an honest 150 mph bike.

No small feat considering it has the aerodynamics of a 4x8 sheet of plywood...

:amen: :sign yeah that:

I gotta good friend named Flied Lice ( @flyday58 ) who lives in New Mexico now.. Flied Lice has a little experience with landing the big ones, full blown airliners as it were. Was actually thinking of hitting him up for some landing lessons from him:big-grin-emoticon:

Just figuring out exact timing for chopping the thrusters on Crud is no small undertaking:big-grin-emoticon:

Whatta ya wanna know about landing?

My "work ride":

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/gr8twhite/lockeddownalbum/Me/DSCN3598.jpg

I can show you how to stop fast by standing it on it's tail, but you might be screaming some "religious references" while I do it!

I couldn't buy the house down the road either. At the current exchange rate, I couldn't afford it and my pension would only be worth 20 bucks a month....:(

Edited by Great White

:amen: :sign yeah that:

I gotta good friend named Flied Lice ( @flyday58 ) who lives in New Mexico now.. Flied Lice has a little experience with landing the big ones, full blown airliners as it were. Was actually thinking of hitting him up for some landing lessons from him:big-grin-emoticon:

Just figuring out exact timing for chopping the thrusters on Crud is no small undertaking:big-grin-emoticon:

Cheesus Crust, H-P, never EVER EVER chop the thrusters!! Not lessin' you wanna see nice shiny landing gear struts pokin' thru the top of the wings!!! Also a great way to end up with airspeed indicators and altimeters in your teeth!

:Avatars_Gee_George:

Cheesus Crust, H-P, never EVER EVERchop the thrusters!! Not lessin' you wanna see nice shiny landing gear struts pokin' thru the top of the wings!!! Also a great way to end up with airspeed indicators and altimeters in your teeth!

Ah, you seized wing guys: no sense of adventure!

Cheesus Crust, H-P, never EVER EVERchop the thrusters!! Not lessin' you wanna see nice shiny landing gear struts pokin' thru the top of the wings!!! Also a great way to end up with airspeed indicators and altimeters in your teeth!

See F-L,, THAT is exactly why I woke ya up brother,, I KNEW I was doing something wrong.. So,, what do you suggest,,, I have a hard enough time watching where I am going - much less watching all those gauges and meters.. Maybe I need a co-pilot to help me like you get to have?

Wonder if I mounted a set of Moose horns on the bars of Crud (kinda like Tweeks Antelope horns),, wonder if I could use them for Al-eeee-Ronners to assist in the touch downs.. Is that what I need @flyday58?

:lightbulb:This could work out really well cause I got buddies all over the trail leading up to Alaska! If Tip n I gotta go up there to find a Moose willing to donate some horns I think :think: some of them may even let us camp in their driveways on the way up and back.. I know for sure a couple of them would cause they already told me so - Canucks can be such trusting people :canada::witch_brew::canada::beer::bighug:

I bet some of them are wondering why on earth Don ever took my 12 dollars though:big-grin-emoticon:

Whatta ya wanna know about landing?

My "work ride":

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/gr8twhite/lockeddownalbum/Me/DSCN3598.jpg

I can show you how to stop fast by standing it on it's tail, but you might be screaming some "religious references" while I do it!

I couldn't buy the house down the road either. At the current exchange rate, I couldn't afford it and my pension would only be worth 20 bucks a month....:(

I would love be there when you slam on the brakes, HARD. Something I just cant do in a plank. Screaming yes, "religious references" not, Wooo Hooo and yeeeeee Haaaaaa, you betchya.

I would love be there when you slam on the brakes, HARD. Something I just cant do in a plank. Screaming yes, "religious references" not, Wooo Hooo and yeeeeee Haaaaaa, you betchya.

Lots of fun stuff to be done in a Helo.

No real worries about stalling and as long as you can keep some positive G on, you can do some flat out scary stuff.

Wifferdales down teh runway at 10' RAD ALT is fun too!

Hey BJ

That thing looks like a big old yellow school bus! Now my work ride is a hotrod! And looks way cooler! Ha!

You would think so, but nope.

Turn the force trims off and it's more responsive than a Jet ranger.

Tail rotor is bigger than a CC130 prop. Tail rotor daisy wheel is essentially the main rotor daisy wheel off the AW139 turned sideways. So much authority, it's actually limited mechanically by interlink.

45 Kts rearward, 65 kts sideways, 150 kts VNE. Blade stall doesn't come in until...well, classified that is. But I've felt it, it's way high for stall!

Power is ungodly, for a helo. 4500 SHP continuous, 6000 SHP military power. We can drop an engine in darned near AUW hover and barely droop. I've lost an engine in the hover and we didn't even notice until we saw the gauges winding down.

It may look big, but it's stupidly overpowered and the BERP tips do amazing things.

Climbs like a homesick angel.

Remember: this is originally a tactical helicopter....it will do some things that will make your eyes water and yer guts fall out!

It's a big sucker though. 14,600 Kg AUW.

It's entering ground effect at 100 ft AGL. I've personally seen it rip 35 foot trees out of the ground and throw them like match sticks in a hurricane.

As to looks: at least we're not flying around in something that looks like an aspirin!

:stickpoke:

Edited by Great White

As to looks: at least we're not flying around in something that looks like an aspirin!

:stickpoke:

an ASPIRIN:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Truthfully,, I would LOVE to fly with ANY of you pranksters,, yes GW,, even with Tooch in an aspirin :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::happy65::happy65::banana::banana: or you in a school bus... :thumbsup:

an aspirin :crackup:,, where do find these varmints @Freebird,,, you must advertise in the funny papers instead of the classifieds or something:crackup:

Ah, you seized wing guys: no sense of adventure!

I face the TSA in these here Estados Unidos almost daily. My tax dollars at work, now THAT'S an adventure!!

(No offense to my hard-working civil service brethren, I could NOT do your job!:usa:)