IGNORED

BassPro Sporting Goods

Condor

So Bass Pro opened up a new store in Rocklin Ca. It been under construction for the better part of a year. It opened about 2 weeks ago, and my son and I decided to go check it out. I've seen pics of other stores, but was amazed when I saw it in real time. It was like a sporting goods Disney Land. I expected to see Mickey and Minney to pop out from behind a counter anytime. Bass boats everywhere. A three level pond with cascading water falls. No fish, but I bet that's coming. We just went to look, but ended up dropping a 'C' note before we could escape. Me? A hat and a bag of cinnamon gummy bears. The boy? A pair of new waders and some bait. BTW we went on a Wednesday morning and the parking lot was slammed. Going back with the camera.... soon.. :-)

I've only been to 2 basspros ever, one in SW Missouri, and my local one here in Macon GA. The one locally is kinda boring, 5mins after walking in, you're done with the tour. The one in Missouri is omg, more like Condor's experience. If most basspro shops were like the one I visited in Missouri, then I'm up for a tour of them all.

The Cabelas in Sydney, Nebraska even has a campground right next door. You can shop for days!

I think it all depends on the cost of dirt in the area. This new one in Rocklin Ca is in the middle of big buck city.... The price tag on it musta been huge....:thumbsup2: on the camp ground...

Here in Columbus, we have everything BUT a Bass Pro Shop. Cabelas, Gander Mountain, Field & Stream, Woodbury Outdoors and one or two that I can't recall the name of.

Funny thing about the newest Field & Stream / Dicks Sporting Goods (Two large stores in one huge building) is that they just opened, and two weeks before opening they had me assess the HVAC equipment, and they've got troubles with the old stuff that's on the roof from the old business that occupied the space(s). Store is open now, with only half of the stuff running. I think they're trying to decide whether to repair or replace everything.......Shoulda thought to look into that a bit earlier into the remodel. :bang head: