IGNORED

Not bike related but- Im SOOOOOOOOOO happy to hear this

Eck

Breaking news:

'We got him!': Police arrest 21-year-old suspected Arizona 'sniper' wanted in connection with 11 random freeway shootings after 'pawning a gun that was used in at least four shootings'

•Authorities arrested Leslie Allen Merritt Jr., 21, at a Wal-Mart in a suburb of Phoenix on Friday night

•Merritt Jr. reportedly pawned a 9mm handgun that officials confirmed was used in at least four shootings

•Officials say he is linked to the first four shootings that happened on August 29 and August 31

Give him a fair trial then do to him what he tried to do the people on the highway.

What is wrong with these people anyway? They can't all be mentally deficient, and by that I mean not just stupid as a box of rocks.

I truly am confused why someone would try to kill a bunch of people they don't personally know and have done nothing to them.

I seems every day someone just wants to kill a bunch of people for some unknown reason ..... even to them.

I don't understand it either my friend.. I just cant register in my mind what causes a person to do something like this. The world is going crazy..Im just glad I am not 20 yrs old and beginning life..

I really hate to see what this world will be like in years to come for all our kids and our grandkids.. Scares the heck out of me..

What really scares me is that this has become the norm.

I am not in favor of gun control so let's not even go there.

This is an indictment of society as a whole.

This total lack of discipline with our kids is BS. Trust me I was disciplined as a kid and I can honestly say I never got a spanking that I didn't deserve. The world sure has changed. Now you go to jail because your kids file assault charges for giving them a spanking.

My own kids are finding out that their parenting skills don't really work if you give them a time out.

Really sitting in the corner is something I am really going to remember and not want to do again??????? Whoa, makes me so scared.

NOT!!!!!!!

Problem is when your kids get to be teenagers it is 10 years to late. Not that I had the best parenting skills, we all make mistakes but at least I tried not to repeat them.

All three of my girls are pretty good kids, good jobs, honest, don't do drugs and they make their own way in life.

They must have learned something from their old man., even if it was don't do that. LOL

Rant over ....... back to our regularly schedule MC stuff.

Bubber

PS: I have voices in my head to, but mine tell what is right and wrong and if I should or shouldn't do something.

It is called a conscience!

Edited by Bubber

Give him a fair trial then do to him what he tried to do the people on the highway.

What is wrong with these people anyway? They can't all be mentally deficient, and by that I mean not just stupid as a box of rocks.

I truly am confused why someone would try to kill a bunch of people they don't personally know and have done nothing to them.

I seems every day someone just wants to kill a bunch of people for some unknown reason ..... even to them.

Screw the the fair trial. They should have just taken care of him right there in the Walmart parking lot and been done.

Screw the the fair trial. They should have just taken care of him right there in the Walmart parking lot and been done.

...and then the politicians cry out for yet more useless legislation against the 2nd Amendment and hold normal law abiding citizens in contempt whenever they have a chance to use examples like this from the lunatic bin to step on my liberty.

@Ventureless...........maybe you're right..........stopping cowardly lunatics like that flat in their tracks might make others think twice before copy-catting.

They're like electricity following the path of least resistance.

Oh boy, what did I start now..

I don't want this thread to go off track and get into politics / politicians or get into a debate of what the state or government or FBI should do with this guy.

My entire rationale to start this thread was ONLY to say that I am GLAD they caught him, and that the people in CO., can now drive in peace down the interstate.

I was not and am not getting into who is right, who is wrong or how the laws and courts run their course.

I just hope that this guy was working alone...........!!!

Remember the stories of idiots throwing chunks of concrete off overpasses?

This is the same type of moron except he used a gun.

We seem to be completely desensitized to the suffering of others these days. Interested only in the individual "cheap thrill".

I'm not really a disciplinarian, but these people need to be held to the consequences of their actions. I'm not advocating vigilante style consequences, USA and Canada are countries of law, which is what separates us from most of this lawless and violent world. But the courts need to start showing the public they mean business with sentencing and closing all those legal loopholes.

Even more so these days as we're now seeing 20-30 year old "man children" more and more.....

Edited by Great White

People these days are just not scared to do insane things even if they are not insane, because they have no fear.

A friend of mine and I have CCWs but we choose to open carry. The CCW is just a technicality so we can have weapons while riding our bikes as open carry in Ohio is totally legal but having a loaded firearm on a motorcycle is not even if it is being open carried. Most local gas stations have no problem with us taking long pit stops and hanging out around the Ice machine outside as we eat our hot dogs. The manager has told us since we started hanging out the store has less loss due to theft.

Now don't get me wrong we are not gun toting wanna be cowboys looking for an opportunity to fast draw our Colts and pump lead into some punk kid shoplifting. Nore are we vigil-antis. We are welcomed @ many stops we regular because just like the old west a criminal has some sort of fear when he thinks there is a chance some crazy fat bikers may just try and stop him from doing what he was thinking about. To clarify my mindset. If someone jumped on my bike while I was in the store and took off there is a 100% chance I would not pull out the Colt and try and shoot them as they drove off. However I tend not to worry about that happening because its not likely someone would take the bike of a man with a Colt strapped to his leg for fear I may.

As less good people take advantage of there constitutional rights to protect themselves and there property. There are more bad people willing to take advantage of that without fear or the posse.

There is a balance to it all and @ this point in our society it is tipping the wrong direction.

Sorry guys, as stated earlier this is not about guns and CCW it is about society and as stated in an earlier post "the ME generation".

I used to be that it wasn't about "me" it was about family , neighbors, society. Now I get the feeling that everything and anything goes. This is just an example so don't go off on this. But this whole Bruce Jenner thing really rings my bell. I don't care that he is what ever he is, go for it. But stands up in front of the world and God and announces it so publically? Because someone trying to capitalize on it. Make money! I see no other reason. Pretty soon this will be the norm. When is the last time you saw someone standing n the corner and proclaimed they are straight and proud of it? Again the ME generation wants you to know they can and will do what ever they want, and they are proud of it. What's next? I can't even imagine what is lurking in the shadows to jump out and proclaim we are here and you will like it.

WELL I DON"T LIKE IT! And I never will.

I know these people exist that have these "conditions or deviant behavior " but it is not part of normal society at least the one I want to live in. AGAIN this was just an example of the ME, ME, ME attitude. I can coexist with these people but they feel obligated to shove it in societies face and tell us to get used to it and like it. Well that ain't ever gunna happen.

How about doing what is good for the betterment of society? Yes there are many groups that do, charities and raising money for all kind of causes. God bless them for that. This group on this forum is pretty giving and generous toward their fellow man and that is a big draw for a lot of us, at least it is for me.

So Eck's original post was basically "he was glad the guy got caught and the shooting should stop"

SO YES ECK! I agree, I am glad he got caught, hope he is the one and hope they punish him for what he has done.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by Bubber

Right there with ya Eckster - :dancefool::clap2::thumbsup2: to ALL the LEO's and civilians who had anything to do with capturing this varmint (if he is guilty)!! I know similar things have been going on up here in Michigan - seems like when they built I-94 down by Battle Creek they didnt know they had placed it on a rifle range between the bench rests and the targets - been a BUNCH of damaged vehicles and a couple people injured by flying lead down there. I dont think they have harvested those culprits yet but, given time, I hope they do my friend and will be :clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool: just like we are right now over the incident you brought up! :thumbsup2:

The suspect claims the gun the authorities tied to the crime was in the pawn shop the last two months. That should be easy enough to verify. So, let it play out. You never know and the media goes a little crazy embellishing stories sometimes.

I read that too BlueSky. He claims he is innocent and that he had pawned that gun over two months ago. Seems like that would be easy enough to prove. I hope the police have at least done their due diligence enough to check the date of when he pawned it.

If he pawned it he will have a receipt with a date. the pawn shop will have a matching receipt with a matching date.

On the other hand If it was a pawn shop employee doing the shooting, they could have created a new receipt and burned the original.

IF the guy they arrested is innocent, I sure hope he saved that receipt.