IGNORED

Not just when did it start,what bike told you that you were hooked?

Saddle tramp

I think we all have one certain bike that captivated our soul.I have several,a Honda 50,a Suzuki 120 or a Yamaha Trail 100.A friends family won the Suzuki with a Pepsi bottle cap in 68,at first they did not know what a Suzuki even was.I learned to ride on that gift.The first bike that held me spell bound was the Kawasaki 100 Trail Boss.I remember us sitting and staring at it.It said 10 speeds,of course it had a high and low gear.Then it was a 1971 Yamaha 125 Enduro,I was hooked like a tuna.I wish I could trail ride again,most of all I wish my body would allow me to find a vintage over 50 moto cross.I could never do that now,my body will not allow it dag nab it.Watching you tube video's just kill me,I think I could blow by you!It is fun to watch vintage moto-cross you tube videos,I want to smoke them putting around protecting the old bikes.Getting old suck's,I am faster than these bums.

Honda CB350 Four. I learned to ride on a Yam. 350 twin that belonged to a friend. But I was in love with the Honda. Even won a steak dinner over one when my friend bet me that Honda had not made a Four that small. Oddly enough I never owned my own bike until just over 10 years ago when I bought my lil 50cc scooter! :biker:

The first time I heard motorcycle go by on the road. My mother said I used to watch every bike that went by until it was out of sight.

That's my 20 mo. old, every bike he runs to the front door and waves and watches them pass by. Also, all my friends are in the fire services so he does the same with any ambulance or fire apparatus.

I guess i got a late start,I was 28 when I rode my first street bike a 750 Honda,2 years later I bought the first Goldwing 1100 in Washington,put a Vetter fairing on it and was totally hooked,smooth and Quiet,amazing never looked back,I`m almost 65 now and still love it.

a friend let me ride his 49CC mini bike. a few years later I saved 1400.00 dollars a bought a 1979 Honda XL 185 ( I didn't know how to shift, so I had a friend ride it home for me, I learned to shift in my yard. I rode it for 5 years ad added 87K to it. top speed of 64 mph.

That old Indian had me hooked when I picked up a wrench and put the lawn mower engine on it. My 1st bike that I put many road miles on was a 250?? Bridgestone. Great little bike. Then I moved up to a 650 Trumpet. By then I was hooked just had to reel me in and start emptying my wallet!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

I was completely hooked by my 2nd scoot: Yamaha YDS-6C. Saw it at Boston Yamaha. 1969. Head mechanic told me this bike would go across country without breathing hard since the engine was a detuned version of the racing engine Yamaha used at Daytona and elsewhere so successfully. I bought the darn thing and went from New Hampshire to Arizona on it! That was it for me...

spacer.png

david

I started on a 6hp mini bike. Then my buddy got a Honda Mini Trail 50. The one that really had me hooked was my first real bike. It was a 1966 Honda CL 160 I bought when I turned 17. I had two more bikes after that but gave up riding until 2010 when I bought my 1996 RSTC.