IGNORED

The Butt Butler is back

Rick Butler

Ok Folks,

A couple of weeks ago I got the clearance from my doctor that my collar bone and ribs are healing up and I could start getting back to using my right arm......but to take it easy for another month. So I have done a few local seats since then, to see how it went and for the most part, I'm ready to go. Now I can't do more than one set of seats in a day, so I won't be able to turn them around like I have in the past.

So, if you have been waiting to send me a seat, go ahead and get with me and we'll get something going.

Thanks for being patient,

Rick

Glad to hear you are doing better. A few months ago, I was at 6 weeks of training in Wichita Falls Texas and was going to ride over to your place and get my seat done, but you wrecked a few days before I got to Texas.

I will send my seat to you in a few weeks. I am deploying for a whole year to the middle east, so you can take your time on my seat, my wife is just going to put the box on my bike to wait for me when it comes back in.

SOOOOoooooo glad you are doing much better Rick. It's been a long journey for you.

Question here:

Do you rework Goldwing 1800 seats, like adding more padding since I don't have much meat on my behind...I always feel like I am sitting on a rock..

Now I have been called a fat butt before ...but when ever I heard some one say that, I knew right then that they really didn't know what they were talking about....:stickpoke:

Eck,

I think you will really like what I do for a GL1800 seat. I started doing these seats a couple of years ago with a couple of local bikes and after I finished it, the guy asked if I minded if he posted my work on his GL1800 forum. Well for about a couple of months, I was covered up with GL1800 seats so I pretty much have them nailed down where I still do a few every year. You won't believe this, but I use 2" memory foam (the same foam I use on pillowtop seats) which really turns out great. I guess I need to post just a GL1800/1500 classified ad. And the heating elements are not an issue, it just takes me longer because of the extra time involved in removing and re-installing the elements......where I also charge more.

The only problem is finding or building a 34X19X13 box to ship it to me.

Let me know if I can help

SOOOOoooooo glad you are doing much better Rick. It's been a long journey for you.

Question here:

Do you rework Goldwing 1800 seats, like adding more padding since I don't have much meat on my behind...I always feel like I am sitting on a rock..

Now I have been called a fat butt before ...but when ever I heard some one say that, I knew right then that they really didn't know what they were talking about....:stickpoke:

Eck,

I think you will really like what I do for a GL1800 seat. I started doing these seats a couple of years ago with a couple of local bikes and after I finished it, the guy asked if I minded if he posted my work on his GL1800 forum. Well for about a couple of months, I was covered up with GL1800 seats so I pretty much have them nailed down where I still do a few every year. You won't believe this, but I use 2" memory foam (the same foam I use on pillowtop seats) which really turns out great. I guess I need to post just a GL1800/1500 classified ad. And the heating elements are not an issue, it just takes me longer because of the extra time involved in removing and re-installing the elements......where I also charge more.

The only problem is finding or building a 34X19X13 box to ship it to me.

Let me know if I can help

Rick,

I do not have a heated seat. It is just a stock 2002 GW Seat. I may not have to mail it to you either... I am working on plans now to make a trip to west of Dallas in November and would be going on a 4 to 5 day ride with Masterguns. Exact dates are not known at this time but I will work that out and get back with you as soon as I can after discussing with Masterguns. My 20th anniversary is November 21st so I know that week/ weekend will be out no matter what...(if you know what I mean)...

If everything works out where I do go on this trip, I could just bring the seat with me and drop it off at you house. I'm not sure how much time you would need to do your thing, but if I come back in 4 to 5 days after dropping it off would you be able to do something like this? No need for a box and no need for you to make a trip to the post office to ship it back.

Oh, by the way...what would you charge to over stuff a stock seat or whatever you do to them? You can email me your price here on the site if you wish, or you can call me at 256-four two nine-86 two three.

Eck

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Oh, Im heading out in the morning on a 10 to 15 day tour so I may not respond near as quick as you did..ha

Eck,

I only need your seat for a couple of days and since you don't have a heated seat, the cost is the same as any other seat. And that would work perfect to drop it off with me and I'll have it ready for you when you head back home.

However I do have a few days already scheduled to be away from the house in November....the weekend of Nov 1st and Sunday Nov 8th.

Just keep informed as to when you are coming,

Rick

Guest erock1

Good to see you up and going at it again Rick !! Will be sending my seat your way in the fall season. I caught you at the wrong time with my seat this year. You ended up sending it back untouched, because of your accident situation. Glad to see all is going well for you once again. Just take it slow my friend !! Take care. -Eric