IGNORED

My bike took off on its own!

Flyinfool

Yup I was bad.

But it had to be done.

The lawn has not been cut for 2 months.

I have to move the bike out of the shed to get the lawn mower out.

In order to get the bike back into the shed it has to go up a 3" curb.

Well I know there ain't no way in "H E double hockey sticks" that I can push it up that curb.

This means that I have to start the bike to drive it up the curb.

Well the bike has been sitting since last October, still has a full tank of last years gas, and not even good gas.

Set the choke, turned on the key and had lots of clicking that then quit rather abruptly, not the taper off that I am used to. so I turned off the key, turned the key back on and more clicking that slowed to a stop like normal. I guess all of the gas must have evaporated out of the carbs.

Cycled the key once more for good measure. this time hit the start button and it was instantly purring like a content kitten.

So I let it warm up for a bit, and to give the oil some time to circulate everywhere.

Then I climbed on, I got old and fat over the winter with being a couch potato for 10 months nursing this heart crap, it was a bit tricky getting my big foot over the top.

Then I pulled in the clutch, raised the stand, dropped it into first gear and started to slowly pull forward, Then it happened. We have all done it. The rear wheel slipped on the grass and kicked out to the right side.

It kicked out so fast that the bike was no longer pointed at the door to the shed, and I was going to fast to stop. Next thing I knew I shot past the side of the shed, across the lawn, and out into the road. It took me 32 miles to get that thing pointed at the shed door and to get it to stop from that initial burst of speed.

And now I have this stupid grin on my puss that just wont seem to go away.:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Well first off it looks like she told you ha ha ha, should have never let her sit there and think about why you are not riding her, and sec, there's your sign!!!!!, poor thing didn't know what to do after you let her out of the cage.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

The story may work with the doctors Fool,, possibly even with the lady of the house (I doubt it) but around here we call that sneaking in a 32 mile CTFW:big-grin-emoticon:

Now because it was what it was, and I am sure you know where I am going with this,,, :worthless:

Glad your scoot woke up and :sign woo hoo:'d for ya brother!! Next thing ya know we will be reading the headlines in the Milwaukee Times = "Local Motorcycle Fanatic With Freshly Repaired Heart Does Pie Butt 26.2" :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Seriously though Jeff, steady she goes - it wont be long, you will be coming over for a stay at Puc's Place and enjoying a Hot Dog at a Meet n Greet and a wonderful ride around the pond!!

No time for pics, I was hanging on for dear life trying to get the beast to stop............Really.........:whistling:

I wish I did have video running I saw a monster buck as I went around a curve. Got a real close look at him from about 10 feet. Brow tines were up about 10-12 inches.:rudolf:

No time for pics, I was hanging on for dear life trying to get the beast to stop............Really.........:whistling:

I wish I did have video running I saw a monster buck as I went around a curve. Got a real close look at him from about 10 feet. Brow tines were up about 10-12 inches.:rudolf:

White Tail or do you guys chase Mulies over there Jeff? Either way, thats a LOT of brow tine!! Sure wouldn't have been a pleasant thing to be dragging him home on the scoot but, come Deer season,,, sure would make an AWESOME wall hanger,,, or mount for the front of the scoot if you happen to be into such things :big-grin-emoticon:

Hey,,, you got to be true to you name,,,,, why have a name like yours if you're just going to sit there and ponder,,,, no sir,,, get out there an fly even if it makes you a fool.

My son-in-law had a grandfather. He was 92, and then one day while the whole clan was out camping he decides that this is the time to do some para-sailing. He gets up and is gone when grandma is out looking for what happened to her man. One of the off-spring says,,,, look up grandma, he up there. She almost had a heart attack thinking he had done it in, but after she realized that it was him hanging on the bottom of the sail,,, she got right upset. When he landed she went to give him proper crap,, his answer? Honey I've always wanted to do that and seeing as I had very little to loose,, I did it. When I was younger I was scared that I might get hurt bad or maybe die,,, but at 92 what's the issue,,,,, and I DID it!!!!!

This morning there still seems to be remnants of that goofy grin on my puss.:big-grin-emoticon:

This weekend I may have to start putting the bike back together so I can ride it with out coming home with a baked ham.....

Yes @cowpuc we do White Tail around these parts. That was a real big boy. I'm hoping I do not see him during hunting season, he will be very expensive to get up on the wall.........

........not to mention that the better half is dreading the day I get a real wall hanger......

Edited by Flyinfool

You should get the lawn mower out more often. :2cents:

As long as the dog can still find her way back to the house when I call the grass is fine.....:whistling:

Great post. Funny how when you get on the bike takes control and forces you to go for a ride.

I think it was a clutch malfunction, once engaged it just wanted to stay there. Yea that it, thats my story and I'm sticking to it....

Hey,,, you got to be true to you name,,,,, why have a name like yours if you're just going to sit there and ponder,,,, no sir,,, get out there an fly even if it makes you a fool.

My son-in-law had a grandfather. He was 92, and then one day while the whole clan was out camping he decides that this is the time to do some para-sailing. He gets up and is gone when grandma is out looking for what happened to her man. One of the off-spring says,,,, look up grandma, he up there. She almost had a heart attack thinking he had done it in, but after she realized that it was him hanging on the bottom of the sail,,, she got right upset. When he landed she went to give him proper crap,, his answer? Honey I've always wanted to do that and seeing as I had very little to loose,, I did it. When I was younger I was scared that I might get hurt bad or maybe die,,, but at 92 what's the issue,,,,, and I DID it!!!!!

Funny you bring this up, we were just talking this week about going to the airport and renting an airplane to see if I can fly it........

Around here, a lawn that hasn't been cut for 2 months is called a rain forest! :stickpoke:

Glad you got that beast under control and head'n home before it passed the ice cream shop. :fnd_(16):

Now that you mentioned it, we did go past a Dairy Queen, But I was distracted by the deer. Man are my skills rusty.

I got enough parts off Silver til I can shift gears!!! I really think it could stand a ride. But I went to wally-world and the Wardn wanted a watermellon that was in the bottom of one of those big tubs. Being the Stud that I am I couldn't let her get it so I leaned overand put my ribs right on the edge of that tub and grabbed that mellon . That didn't work very well. I felt a pop and felt the ribs give. Sore as HELL AGAIN!! Garage is waiting...:Avatars_Gee_George: GOOD FOR YOU JEFF!!!

Edited by Yammer Dan