IGNORED

which head set

billmac

which set would be the best to buy? the Sena SMH10 or Sena10R the R is a little smaller unit with 2 less hours of use and the mikes are different. only $15.00 difference in price so not worried about cost just function and don't think the 2 hour difference in run time before recharging is a big deal. is being smaller harder to use with gloves?

You made the right decision. The R without the jog dial is a pain in the ass. I would not get anything without the dial now. Depending on what you needed it for, you might have been ok with the 5 as well. I have the 5 and it is great. Works perfectly. I don't think you can conference with several people at one time and I think you can only connect with 4 other people in total. It works for us with no issues when going person to person. I use mine mostly for music in my full face helmet. I can even take phone calls (only if I feel I really need to) and the person on the other end has no idea I am on the bike. I know the 10 has more capabilities, but I just didn't need it. I think you will be happy. I have also been caught in a downpour with mine on and it is waterproof. Never an issue.

mostly will talk with the wife, she wants it. they say it will sync with other brands but will the other brand be able to sync with it? have a couple people we ride with that have intercoms on their ventures.

I think bluetooth connectivity is possible between any device as long as its software is compatable. Say yours is 1.3 and theirs is 1.0 you will probably be ok. For the most part from what I have read on the pones the biggest step lately was adding being able to receive a signal and be used as a speaker or something like that. So sort of 2 way signal transmitt and receive. The Sena are already set up that way, its just a matter of how many channels.

I went and got the Sena 20, I did look at the Sena 10. What sold me was the fact that I can music share via Bluetooth. I do not have my phone connected, but my girl does so if anyone needs us they call her. We got back from Fort Campbell a few weeks ago, she was talking to her sister for almost an hour and her sister never knew she was on the bike.

I have a 10. Works fine. Does what I want. Phone music, etc. The 10 will also share music like the 20.

I like the jog dial, main reason I went with a 10 over the 10R. Unit sticks out a bit, but that doesn't really bother me. Battery seems to last forever.

The 20 has an iphone app to manage it's settings and it can conference more riders, the 10 is limited to 4 at once IIRC.

I read several online reviews on the 20 that complained about the docking pins loosing connections. That's mainly why I went with the 10 over the 20. Well, the 10 is a little cheaper than the 20 right now also....

I went and got the Sena 20, I did look at the Sena 10. What sold me was the fact that I can music share via Bluetooth. I do not have my phone connected, but my girl does so if anyone needs us they call her. We got back from Fort Campbell a few weeks ago, she was talking to her sister for almost an hour and her sister never knew she was on the bike.

What do you mean by music share? You mean 2 people can listen to the same say iPhone or iPod at the same time? If so, the 5 will also do that. I have synced to a buddy's phone while we were on different bikes and it worked fine.

Got them installed on the helmets and they work great. did not ride with them yet but I walked about 25 yards outside and she was in the house and could hear each other perfectly. she thinks their neat.

I sure have leaned towards this a few times. The wife and I like different types of music. I try to play her type for some of the trip but after awhile I'm going nuts. And I'm sure she gets the same way after a couple hours. Separate music for each would be a plus for sure.

Got the 20s with my 26 yr. old son, he and I are going to Vancouver, B.C. from Portage la Prairie, Manitoba to visit his twin who's attending Simon Fraser Univ. [2200km one way]

We went on one ride after we got them recently- just 300km - they are sweet. Good distance between - rated 2km- and well built. Paid $558CAD - company immediately bumped up the price to $581 after I purchased online - they were the lowest price anywhere and an authorized dealer.